Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Tons of nice designer clothes - where can I sell?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 5:12 pm
Anyone know where I can sell nice designer clothes?

tigerwife

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 5:13 pm
Therealreal.com

Amarante

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 7:03 pm
Online - Poshmark or Mercari if you want to do the work yourself in terms of taking pictures and shipping.

There are on-line consignment shops where you send them the clothing and they decide whether anything is worth selling. Be warned that these on-line consignment shops are notorious for only being interested in either very high end stuff or extremely fashionable items.

Before going through a lot of trouble, I would suggest checking out on-line resale sites to get a realistic idea of what things are selling for. I had a massive amount of clothing and when I looked, it just wasn't worth it so I gave everything away - to friends, my housekeeper and charity.

trixx

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 7:52 pm
You could go into designer consignment stores but they buy a season ahead so now they'll be buying spring or summer. And depending on the place you'll make up to 50% of their price, and they'll list at about 65% off retail.
For ex I had a $450 dress. They were going to list at 160. I would have made $80 - if it sold right away otherwise they will mark it down. Or let's say they had a one day sale and someone bought it that day.
In the end I just listed it on fb.

Also, if you're in NYC, Nordstrom just started a program in the city. Nordstrom see you tomorrow
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics