Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Info on traveling to Israel
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:24 am
My son is learning in the Mir, he's coming home for pesach, just wondering if I should bring him home earlier than planned... Like right now?

Elfrida

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:40 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
My son is learning in the Mir, he's coming home for pesach, just wondering if I should bring him home earlier than planned... Like right now?

In Israel the virus is much better controlled than in America. Ad of this morning we had 25 cases, and anyone who had been in contact with them is in isolation.

I don't see that he'd be any safer there than he is here.

If he goes to America for Pesach, he may not be able to come back. Why should he miss out on the last two weeks of learning until the end of the zman?

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:48 am
nchr wrote:
Being able to be there for Lag Baomer in Meron...

Coronavirus will hopefully be over by then. Very soon itll be warm weather and this craziness will be over

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:49 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:

Rav chaim said theres nothing to worry about

amother
Red

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:55 am
Apparently the two week quarentine from America has not passed.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Apr 29 2021, 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 12:13 pm
The Health ministry wanted to announce regulations today regarding those coming from the US, but apparently Netanyahu stopped it in order to appease Trump...

Sigh.

I was so relieved by all these measures.

keym

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 12:14 pm
https://www.timesofisrael.com/.....tine/

This was an interesting article.

etky

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 1:02 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
The Health ministry wanted to announce regulations today regarding those coming from the US, but apparently Netanyahu stopped it in order to appease Trump...

Sigh.

I was so relieved by all these measures.

So was I. If there is no quarantine for travelers returning from the US I have no intention of going to hear Megilla this chag.
On Shabbat there were people in shul who had come back from the US just days earlier, in violation of the 100 people rule. I knew there would be people who would be oblivious/ careless/ negligent whatever and hence did not go to shul but people who were there told me.
If they went for Zachor they will certainly go for Megillah - unless they are told outright to go into quarantine. The 100 people rule is too wishy-washy.
Anyway - let's please all wait until the press conference that will be held soon and then we will know more info about travel bt. Israel and the States. Netanyahu spoke to Pence a few hours ago. Maybe there will be quarantine for US travelers after all.....

etky

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 1:21 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Just to clarify: they are considering it. They haven't officially made ita policy. Although, I think its a matter of time

BUT, they did say that non-citzens (ie Americans) would have to have a place to self-isolate and dorms ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE. So, there is a large chance that they won't be allowed back into the country at all

A girl in my DD's program (mixed Israeli-American program) was on the Ben Gurion-Jerusalem train with the New Rochelle Coronoa patient last week and had to self-isolate.
They put her up in a hotel the first night (not really legal I think) and then she went to relatives somewhere.
Another girl is flying in from Paris today and will go straight to relatives in Haifa for self-isolation.
Dorms are definitely not acceptable.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 2:38 pm
etky wrote:
So was I. If there is no quarantine for travelers returning from the US I have no intention of going to hear Megilla this chag.
On Shabbat there were people in shul who had come back from the US just days earlier, in violation of the 100 people rule. I knew there would be people who would be oblivious/ careless/ negligent whatever and hence did not go to shul but people who were there told me.
If they went for Zachor they will certainly go for Megillah - unless they are told outright to go into quarantine. The 100 people rule is too wishy-washy.
Anyway - let's please all wait until the press conference that will be held soon and then we will know more info about travel bt. Israel and the States. Netanyahu spoke to Pence a few hours ago. Maybe there will be quarantine for US travelers after all.....

I have a relative landing in Israel tomorrow from the US. Don't know what he will do for Purim if he's quarantined.
How will he get to where he,'s staying? Would he be allowed to take a taxi or bus?

Elfrida

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 2:41 pm
Not a bus. If there's no other choice, a taxi, preferably with the windows open.

etky

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 2:46 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
I have a relative landing in Israel tomorrow from the US. Don't know what he will do for Purim if he's quarantined.
How will he get to where he,'s staying? Would he be allowed to take a taxi or bus?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think that they are not supposed to be on any form of public transportation including taxis.
When does his flight land? They probably won't make this decision until later on in the day.

etky

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 2:47 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Not a bus. If there's no other choice, a taxi, preferably with the windows open.

For sure not a bus and certainly not a train...

amother
Red

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 2:48 pm
etky wrote:
For sure not a bus and certainly not a train...

Is he supposed to walk? I don't understand.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 2:52 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
he’s supposed to get someone to drive him and if not possible a taxi.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 2:54 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:

Where is he staying, and who is hosting him? Whoever is hosting him should be prepared to arrange for isolation conditions in their house for the next two weeks. If possible they should meet him at the airport in their private car, and take him to their house.

If they don't have a car, then it would have to be a private (not shared) taxi. The airport drivers all know what is going on.

etky

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 2:54 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:

Well, the truth is , I think that it's really rare that the decision to impose self quarantine on travellers arriving/returning from a certain country happenes while people are in mid-flight and thus aren't able to make airport transportation arrangements ahead of time.
I suspect that when that happens people do resort to public transportation although technically they shouldn't.

ETA - I just saw that newly diagnosed patient #27 returned from Austria and went right into isolation but did indeed take the train for part of his journey home from the airport. Now all those on the train have to go into isolation....

chanchy123

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 2:58 pm
etky wrote:
Well, the truth is , I think that it's really rare that the decision to impose self quarantine on travellers arriving/returning from a certain country happenes while people are in mid-flight and thus aren't able to make airport transportation arrangements ahead of time.
I suspect that when that happens people do resort to public transportation although technically they shouldn't.

Turns out patient #26 took the train back from the airport to his self isolation against regulations and exposed whoever was on the train with him.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 2:59 pm
etky wrote:

ETA - I just saw that newly diagnosed patient #27 returned from Austria and went right into isolation but did indeed take the train for part of his journey home from the airport. Now all those on the train have to go into isolation....

Jinx

tigerwife

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 3:07 pm
Amothers who live in Israel and usually return to the States or Europe for Pesach, are you changing your plans? Or are you planning for self-isolation upon your return?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics