Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
My daughter is coughing like crazy!!
Previous  1  2

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:34 pm
According to the WHO, people who have Asthma are in a higher risk group.
I hope your choose to get checked out asap

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:35 pm
Zehava wrote:
My toddler too. Doc says it’s bronchitis. No tests were done. He’s been on nebulizer treatment since Friday. I’m not too worried though.

Your toddler traveled to a country that potentially could have exposed him to Coronavirus, too?

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:45 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Your toddler traveled to a country that potentially could have exposed him to Coronavirus, too?

Get your facts straight. Coronavirus is way more rampant in the US than in Israel.

ectomorph

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:48 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Get your facts straight. Coronavirus is way more rampant in the US than in Israel.

It is most rampant in airports.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:50 pm
ectomorph wrote:
It is most rampant in airports.

True. But, that's not what she said.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:57 pm
My poor baby grandson, age almost 6 months, had a high fever today and had to wait for permission to come to the doctor.

Zehava

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 11:13 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:

Well no
But when I took him to the doctor some of the nurses were wearing masks🤷🏽‍♀️

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:02 am
We all have coughs. But all winter we’ve had coughs. I had the same cough last Friday. My dd also has a cough.
Why not assume it’s not just a seasonal cold or allergy?

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 5:17 pm
This is not instead of medical treatement:
Use at your own risk.
Shmear chest with vaseline. put on tiny diluted tea trea oil. It is has helped many cough conditions disappear.

Refuah sheleima.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 5:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She's almost 4. We were in Israel last week from England. Since then she's had a bad cough but now it's gone really bad.

My oldest son has asthma. I'm beginning to think that she has it too as it's in the family and she has coughed a lot since she was born. I'm going to take her to the dr after Purim. Does anyone think it's urgent?

My son with asthma has been coughing bad since we're back too. Is this a sign of coronovirus? If my father c.v catches it from us it'll be extremely dangerous. We were together on Shabbos and plan to be together Purim iyH.

What would you do?

Get off imamother and get to a dr!

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 5:57 pm
OP did you speak to your child’s doctor yet?

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 6:21 pm
Im not OP, but I have a similar situation and did speak with the Drs office.
My 2 year old is coughing like nuts. A phlegmy, thick cough with a mild runny nose. No fever.
When I called to find out if he needed to be tested, they immediately said "no, no, unless you know youve been exposed to the coronavirus, there is no reason to treat this differently than usual. If his condition worsens, bring him in, just like you usually would, and after examining we'll decide on further action. But as of now we assume its just a cold, there is no reason to test every single child who only has a cold."

This is a practice located in NY, with a group of doctors ive come to trust very much

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 6:37 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Im not OP, but I have a similar situation and did speak with the Drs office.
My 2 year old is coughing like nuts. A phlegmy, thick cough with a mild runny nose. No fever.
When I called to find out if he needed to be tested, they immediately said "no, no, unless you know youve been exposed to the coronavirus, there is no reason to treat this differently than usual. If his condition worsens, bring him in, just like you usually would, and after examining we'll decide on further action. But as of now we assume its just a cold, there is no reason to test every single child who only has a cold."

This is a practice located in NY, with a group of doctors ive come to trust very much

When I made a doctors appointment yesterday for my daughter they asked if me or any family members were abroad in the last three weeks and if we had any visitors from overseas in the last three weeks. The OP did travel to a place with the virus. One of her children has asthma which puts him at higher risk. That’s the concern.
My own daughter has a cold and that’s not why I took her to the doctor . A phlegmy cough is a wet cough. The Corona symptoms are a dry cough.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 10:19 pm
And this is why I do worry that Coronavirus will spread fast amongst our community.
OP Purim is no longer a mitzvah if you and/or your kids are sick.
DO NOT GO OUT and expose everyone else. Sucks but stay home until you know she is definitely not contagious.

When my son had flu a few weeks ago everyone thought I was crazy for keeping him home until he was fever free with no meds for at least 24 hours...but hey he caught it because there was a kid with fever in school!

I guess common sense ain't so common anymore.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 10:46 pm
Most places have a shortage of Corona tests, and are saving them for people who have a recent travel history. OP most definitely qualifies for getting tested.

Regardless of the outcome, if it's a common cold, or the seasonal flu, or whatever - please self quarantine until everyone is asymptomatic.

If you give someone a cold and it weakens their immune system, it could make them more susceptible to Corona if they get exposed later.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics