Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
What are people thinking??????
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 11:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Seriously!!! I saw a very pregnant lady dressed up as a gumball machine. She wore a tight white shell exposing her perfectly round large stomach. She stuck on pom poms on her stomach for gumballs; was like a ball of pom poms. It looked awful and so distasteful. Do people have no seichel?????

Ew. Hate this idea. Should a nursing mother dress up as a milking cow? Or should I dress up as a toilet as I may just use one on purim?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 11:56 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Ew. Hate this idea. Should a nursing mother dress up as a milking cow? Or should I dress up as a toilet as I may just use one on purim?

THANK YOU!!!! SPOT ON!!!

DrMom

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 12:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It would be cute if it would be done in a tasteful way. Not when the shape of the stomach is perfectly exposed by a tight top. Sorry, it's the opposite of tzenuis for a frum women. We don't wear tight clothing that exposes the shapes of our body parts perfectly. Especially maternity.

Many frum women wear tight stockings which perfectly expose the shape of their legs, whereas loose pants (which many deem untznua) would not.

Just sayin'.

ohmygosh

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 12:47 pm
I don't see why it's untznius to draw attention to a pregnant belly. It's obvious you're pregnant.

The only people I've seen have an issue with this are those within chassidish communities where pregnancy itself is not spoken about.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 12:48 pm
ohmygosh wrote:
I don't see why it's untznius to draw attention to a pregnant belly. It's obvious you're pregnant.

The only people I've seen have an issue with this are those within chassidish communities where pregnancy itself is not spoken about.

Rolling Eyes

mrs me

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 12:51 pm
Didn’t read through the whole thread but here’s my take...

I saw plenty of women in costumes that were form-fitting, attractive , and drew peopLe’s attention- some were pregnant and some were not . This is not a pregnant women’s issue

When I see ppl drawing attention to their bellies on Purim I’m more concerned about the ayin hara aspect of it

Metukah

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 12:51 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Off topic a bit, do people get all freaked out when men decide to wear a dress, wig, and lipstick on Purim? I have seen so many guys do this! Lady

IMHO it's creepy. I've only ever seen it in Israel and I really don't like the look. I saw a couple who switched; she as a male and him as a female. He wore a stuffed bra and close shaved, he looked better as a woman than she did. I was creeped out.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 1:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't know her, we saw her at a party.
It would be cute if it would be done in an appropriate way. Everything can be cute if it's done right. It's the opposite of tzenuis to expose our bumps and to draw attention to it.

No - not everything can be cute.

You and woman you don't know have different ideas about tziut. I find it hard to believe that only on Purim did you notice this.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 1:42 pm
ohmygosh wrote:

do you even know chassidish people?im chassidish as can be and I don't stop to talk about my pregnancy... as everyone else in my community some more some less

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 1:42 pm
I got a bottle of carona beer and I live in new rochelle
the rabbi gave out carona beer at his party

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 1:46 pm
ohmygosh wrote:

Nope! I'm chassidish and we talk about pregnancy.
There's a difference between talking about it and showing off and dressing up your stomach.

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 1:47 pm
ohmygosh wrote:

This. I think he costume op described sounds adorable!

Some women just hate other women.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 1:52 pm
DrMom wrote:
Many frum women wear tight stockings which perfectly expose the shape of their legs, whereas loose pants (which many deem untznua) would not.

Just sayin'.

The exposed legs are below the knee which is permitted by most.

Even loose pants expose the split between the legs above the knee which most prohibit.

The style in USA is ever tighter pants which completely exposes the rear and upper thighs. This garment does not even deserve to be called pants but are more accurately tights - worn without any skirt. Shameful!

Last edited by #BestBubby on Wed, Mar 11 2020, 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 1:52 pm
I predict that this post will be 10 pages long by the end of the day 🤪
Pass the 🍿or rather pass the gumballs LOL LOL

ohmygosh

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 2:01 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
do you even know chassidish people?im chassidish as can be and I don't stop to talk about my pregnancy... as everyone else in my community some more some less

Umm yes plenty. I said in the chassidish communities where people don't talk about pregnancies. Please read what I wrote again. I didn't say in all chassidish communities or all chassidish people. I'm specifically referring to the communities where it's not spoken about.

Gosh, this was not a chassidim bash. Could we not make this so personal?

mamsegula

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 2:22 pm
Get over it. Not everyone had the same taste and style.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 2:23 pm
IMO people should be more sensitive about dressing up their pregnant bumps. I had a thought to do it one year and then my friend had a late pregnancy loss right around Purim time. It would’ve twisted her heart to see that. And how about all the infertile couples waiting for children. To cause people pain just to dress up is just not worth it IMO.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 2:28 pm
Im with you OP. Im chassidish and we talk about pregnancies I just find it highly inappropriate to wear such a costume

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 2:31 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
This. I think he costume op described sounds adorable!

Some women just hate other women.

Yes, I hate other women because they dress inappropriately.
Seriously, where does hate come in here??

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 2:36 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
IMO people should be more sensitive about dressing up their pregnant bumps. I had a thought to do it one year and then my friend had a late pregnancy loss right around Purim time. It would’ve twisted her heart to see that. And how about all the infertile couples waiting for children. To cause people pain just to dress up is just not worth it IMO.

that would have been specifically incentive given your friendship.

Purim is, generally speaking, overall a very hard holiday for the childless-not-by-choice... it is what it is.
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics