Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Well done antivaxxers
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:56 am
lilies wrote:
A job is nothing. If it's His will for someone to be hungry or satiated, they will be.

You're catching on! glad to see someone making headway in their emunah and bitachon!

This is the motto of kollel couples.

lilies

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:59 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
You're catching on! This is the line of kollel yungerleit.

I hope you're sarcastic.

I don't know of any kollel yungerleit living in a place without a natural way of receiving money. How many people do you know of who learn in kollel without the infrastructure of kollel?

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:01 am
lilies wrote:
I hope you're sarcastic.

I don't know of any kollel yungerleit living in a place without a natural way of receiving money. How many people do you know of who learn in kollel without the infrastructure of kollel?

im serious and im actually shocked that u think im being sarcastic, that a frum jew doesnt know and feel and live these concepts

lilies

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:06 am
im serious and im actually shocked that u think im being sarcastic, that a frum jew doesnt know and feel and live these concepts

Still can't tell Smile

Anyway, as a rule I try not to do any back-and-forth with anonymous posters. I just couldn't help stating that sentence as it was just ludicrous how some people believe they are on a madreigah than many can't reach. And selective of when to be on that madreigah too.

Still, seriously not sure if you are sarcastic or not.
Will step out of this anonymous talk now.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:13 am
lilies wrote:
A job is nothing. If it's His will for someone to be hungry or satiated, they will be.

Well said. Look how many people are out of work and whose businesses are being affected due to corona virus. We do not control anything.
Get your vaccine, do your job , but don’t put so much trust in it to the point where you believe that is what’s actually keeping you satiated or healthy.

lilies

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:20 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Well said. Look how many people are out of work and whose businesses are being affected due to corona virus. We do not control anything.
Get your vaccine, do your job , but don’t put so much trust in it to the point where you believe that is what’s actually keeping you satiated or healthy.

That is the most important piece. Hishtadlus cannot be thrown away. Of course, whatever His will, will be but man needs to do hishtadlus for we live in a world of nature. Unless you believe you are worthy of seeing nissim on a daily basis.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:26 am
lilies wrote:
That is the most important piece. Hishtadlus cannot be thrown away. Of course, whatever His will, will be but man needs to do hishtadlus for we live in a world of nature. Unless you believe you are worthy of seeing nissim on a daily basis.

and e/o will define hishtadlus differently and you need to respect that and be aware that its not the hishtadlus that is getting you any results or nonresults.
to me hishtadlus means upping our vitamin c and d levels and staying calm going about my life regular. to others it means panicking and self-quarantining even before they were ordered to.

lilies

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:34 am
and e/o will define hishtadlus differently and you need to respect that and be aware that its not the hishtadlus that is getting you any results or nonresults.
to me hishtadlus means upping our vitamin c and d levels and staying calm going about my life regular. to others it means panicking and self-quarantining even before they were ordered to.

Show your sn, pm me or whatever if you really want to understand.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:21 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
A vaccine is nothing. If It’s G-d’s will for someone to be healthy or sick , they will be.

How very existential of you! But my religion is Judaism, not Christian Science or their ilk.

lilies

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:43 am
dancingqueen wrote:
How very existential of you! But my religion is Judaism, not Christian Science or their ilk.

I doubt antivaxers understand what's wrong with their thinking. I have never seen a straightforward conversation so far. It all goes in circles.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:43 am
dancingqueen wrote:

Who do you believe in more the vaccine or in G-d? Which has more power? Put in your hishtadlus , but don’t be so stupid to believe it’s the vaccine that keeps us healthy.

amother
White

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:45 am
Obviously, G-d, who created the materials and gave scientists the knowledge to come up with and create the vaccine. For our benefit. Because He wants us to have a cure or preventive measure.

lilies

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:46 am
See?
Ignore the details, stick with one overarching point that doesn't clarify or contradict anything to make a point. It's futile.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:47 am
lilies wrote:
I doubt antivaxers understand what's wrong with their thinking. I have never seen a straightforward conversation so far. It all goes in circles.

were you given a bas kol from above to know that youre right and theyre wrong? many rabbanim are antivax or at least support antivaxxers in their decision. you cant understand their way of thinking becuase you think its wrong but if you would step out of your box and open your mind to other realities its not so difficult should you choose to do so. then again as I already said before, its way easier to mock knock and dismiss us as 'wrong thinkers' or crazy than to listen and acknowledge that we might have a point, even if you disagree. u see, I dont need you to agree with me, im ok to agree to disagree but you feel like you need to silence us

lilies

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:48 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
Obviously, G-d, who created the materials and gave scientists the knowledge to come up with and create the vaccine. For our benefit. Because He wants us to have a cure or preventive measure.

Obviously it's apikorsus to believe a vaccine is the way to go. Don't you believe in H'? Why live in a house? Don't you believe H' can send you shelter? Like the 'ananei hakavod'? Why go to the grocery? He can send you 'mann' too.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:51 am
lilies wrote:
See?
Ignore the details, stick with one overarching point that doesn't clarify or contradict anything to make a point. It's futile.

so why are you still on this thread after threatening to leave on the previous page? why do you need to knock ppl to get yourself up? are you trying to silence us? or are you here to convince us? how very condescending of you either way

amother
White

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:52 am
Huh? I think you misread my post. Maybe go back and re-read it.

lilies

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:54 am
were you given a bas kol from above to know that youre right and theyre wrong? many rabbanim are antivax or at least support antivaxxers in their decision. you cant understand their way of thinking becuase you think its wrong but if you would step out of your box and open your mind to other realities its not so difficult should you choose to do so. then again as I already said before, its way easier to mock knock and dismiss us as 'wrong thinkers' or crazy than to listen and acknowledge that we might have a point, even if you disagree. u see, I dont need you to agree with me, im ok to agree to disagree but you feel like you need to silence us

There is nothing inherently shameful about being antivax from the antivaxxers viewpoint, as you have many Rabbanim that support your decision and anyone that believes all the other Rabbanim must have had a bas kol tell them so.
Yet, I have yet to see any antivaxxer post under their sn. Or any of the Rabbanim actually give their support for antivaxxers publicly. Funny, isn't it?

How have I mocked? Or silenced? I'm just pointing out where I think there's baloney in your points. This is the place to do that. Go ahead and speak.

lilies

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:55 am
so why are you still on this thread after threatening to leave on the previous page? why do you need to knock ppl to get yourself up? are you trying to silence us? or are you here to convince us? how very condescending of you either way

Don't know why. Will try to leave again Very Happy

lilies

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:57 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
Huh? I think you misread my post. Maybe go back and re-read it.

Just responding from devil's advocate viewpoint.
Agree with you.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics