Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
In NYS, will all shops except food be shuttered for 2 wks?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 2:16 am
Is this part of the new regulations?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 2:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is this part of the new regulations?

SingALong

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:38 am
Just got an email from Nordstrom and crocs they are closing for 2 weeks, but will be open for online orders. I heard on the radio most stores can stay open just limiting the number of people allowed in at the same time, like under 50

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:03 pm
no a lot is actually still open

Cookiegirl

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:05 pm
Hey Chocolate Moose! Nice to see your pixels!

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 4:54 pm
SingALong wrote:
Just got an email from Nordstrom and crocs they are closing for 2 weeks, but will be open for online orders. I heard on the radio most stores can stay open just limiting the number of people allowed in at the same time, like under 50

No point, cuz ppl will still be waiting on the line. And can spread easily.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 4:59 pm
I wish it becomes a law.

13th ave and lee avenue are a madhouse.

Perhaps we should start a thread naming every store that stayed open so selfishly.
So we can call, message them and maybe not patronize them anymore

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 5:20 pm
Non essential stores are closing down as of 8pm

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 6:02 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I wish it becomes a law.

13th ave and lee avenue are a madhouse.

Perhaps we should start a thread naming every store that stayed open so selfishly.
So we can call, message them and maybe not patronize them anymore

Ok fine. But my kids has no shoes to wear for every day so I'm very thankful the shoe stores were open. 3 kids shoes were torn to shreads. Their shabbos shoes I already dumped last week cuz they were beyond repair.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 6:14 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Ok fine. But my kids has no shoes to wear for every day so I'm very thankful the shoe stores were open. 3 kids shoes were torn to shreads. Their shabbos shoes I already dumped last week cuz they were beyond repair.

That’s why we have online shops.

I think that every single store that was open today will need to take it on their responsibility for spreading this virus.

No excuses.

I’m also a shop owner who relies heavily on this pre pesach season. Yet we chose to take a huge loss and shut our doors.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 7:19 pm

My kids also dont have shoes. I ordered online. Multiple sizes and ill return

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 7:35 pm
One of the kids shoe stores in Monsey is open by appointment only.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 7:36 pm

ORDER ONLINE.....ORDER ONLINE ....ORDER ONLINE

SPENT A FEW LESS MINUTES HERE AND GO TO ZAPPOS

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 8:19 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
One of the kids shoe stores in Monsey is open by appointment only.

I don't see how open by appointment alleviates the situation. There is no way they can measure your child's feet and still be 6 ft. away.

Kids are silent carriers and put adults at risks of contracting the virus and the chain continues.

If you didn't get to the shoe stores until now, PLEASE ORDER ONLINE OR BY PHONE.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 8:22 pm
I'm in Kew Gardens Hills. Went to Amazing Savings today and it was a madhouse. There was a line to get in but still waaaay too many people inside, especially considering many were on their phones, taking their time meandering through aisles. I get people are shopping for Pesach. I was too! But I tried to be in and out as quickly as possible to let others come in, and it's a shame that other people didn't do the same.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 8:34 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
I'm in Kew Gardens Hills. Went to Amazing Savings today and it was a madhouse. There was a line to get in but still waaaay too many people inside, especially considering many were on their phones, taking their time meandering through aisles. I get people are shopping for Pesach. I was too! But I tried to be in and out as quickly as possible to let others come in, and it's a shame that other people didn't do the same.

My brother-in-law checks in with everyone in the family on a frequent basis to make sure that we are behaving. He is a cardiologist who has learned the ins and outs of this virus. He would absolutely blow his OCD gasket if any of us tried to enter a crowded store in the name of making Pesach. He would expect us to turn around and go home. There are some paper goods companies that ship.
We spoke to my husband's surgeon who also advised against entering a crowded store. There are alternative ways to obtain the supplies.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 8:44 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:

chizuk here This stop could be avoided in most instances with a little planning. Try Amazon or Wal-Mart or even the grocery. It’s difficult but best to stay home. Our Rabbonim are right, and pekuach nefesh is higher than other mitzvos.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 8:45 pm
southernbubby wrote:
My brother-in-law checks in with everyone in the family on a frequent basis to make sure that we are behaving. He is a cardiologist who has learned the ins and outs of this virus. He would absolutely blow his OCD gasket if any of us tried to enter a crowded store in the name of making Pesach. He would expect us to turn around and go home. There are some paper goods companies that ship.
We spoke to my husband's surgeon who also advised against entering a crowded store. There are alternative ways to obtain the supplies.

Please do share. How should I get meat for Pesach? I don't know any stores shipping Lubavitch meat. I'm going to have to send DH into a crowded store to get food and matzah, although he would rather not do it.

I was already planning on ordering paper goods online,.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:51 pm
I would sooner eat potatoes and carrots from a farm for pesach than be a rosha and endanger someone's life but that's just me
Unfortunately this will go down as another dark ugly period in Jewish history

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 12:03 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
I would sooner eat potatoes and carrots from a farm for pesach than be a rosha and endanger someone's life but that's just me
Unfortunately this will go down as another dark ugly period in Jewish history

I'm sure I personally could do so, but it's a little hard to feed a large family on just potatoes (assuming I can get potatoes, the stores here have none).

Most people agree that grocery shopping is a necessity. I'd rather get it shipped of course, but the stores don't seem to be offering that right now.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics