Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
What about brissim?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:03 am
How is that happening? We need a minyan, plus baby is 11...and is it even safe?

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:11 am
Same boat

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How is that happening? We need a minyan, plus baby is 11...and is it even safe?

I'm wondering too.I don't know if having boy or girl. If boy, A) shalom zachor B) Bris.

How do we go about it? Might have baby this week or next.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:21 am
I don't think that people will have a Shalom Zachor or invite the community to a bris.

agreer

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:23 am
Shalom zachor doesn't need a minimum.

Bris can be in a large living room (if you have) with the 10 men spread apart. Everyone must be super hygienic.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:34 am
Shalom zachar with 1-2 ppl.

Minyan for bris. Packaged food to go. I guess you need to bench together, maybe eat outdoors if possible.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:38 am
Technically, you do not need a minyan for a bris, it’s just better if you do. We did not have a minyan for our son’s (for other reasons). Contact your rabbi. These are certainly special circumstances worth discussing.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:49 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I don't think that people will have a Shalom Zachor or invite the community to a bris.

I've been wondering if I need to ask rov about shalom zachor just in case.. Chabad. Bris I'm actually happy that we wouldn't need a crowd.
Hopefully a girl and won't have to worry about either, but def will be happy with a boy too.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:52 pm
My good friend just had a boy last week. They skipped the shalom zachor and had the bris in their backyard with 10 men, siblings and that's it.
This is in a city with NO community spread as of yet. A majority of people here are taking things seriously and bh being extremely cautious.
I am flabbergasted as to what I hear is going on on the East Caost. It's ok to have no shalom zachor and a small bris. The baby will not be traumatized from this!!!

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 1:06 pm
Due iyh in a few weeks with a boy.

I'm actually happy that I will be able to make a small bris, immediate family with 10 men spread out and seuda in backyard. Literally planning on buying 1 bagel and spread platter And coffee .

Money is tight and now I dont need to spend it on a bris to feed my whole neighborhood.

Shalom zachor im assumi ng will be my family and parents.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics