Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Fda approved a drug
1  2  Next

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 1:08 pm
Just saw a clip of trump speaking. He announced a drug used for malaria and arthritis called chloroquine for Corona. Let's hope..

Last edited by tweety1 on Thu, Mar 19 2020, 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 1:14 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Just saw a clip of trump speaking. He announced a drug used for malaria and arthritis called hydroxy quinoline for Corona. Let's hope..

Hydroxychloroquine, the generic of Plaquenil? I take it every day (many people with lupus and rheumatoid arthritis do).
I tested positive for Corona last night.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 1:15 pm
There are some drugs being studied that are FDA approved for other uses:
1. Anti Malarial medications
2. HIV Medicines like Aluvia
3. Some RA medicines

Then there are some trial drugs not yet approved by the FDA for anything such as:
1. Remdesivir.

Let's hope these antivirals can help IYH.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 1:17 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Hydroxychloroquine, the generic of Plaquenil? I take it every day (many people with lupus and rheumatoid arthritis do).

Refuah shleima.

I have a fever and cough, and am starting to feel run down. Afraid to test.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 1:23 pm
thats why there is no drug available anywhere in europe anymore, and my mother takes it she has lupus and doesnt know what to do now Sad

I called ever ysingle pharmacy in our county. sold out. due to shut borders, no import possible.

a pharmacist told me that usa bought a huge quantity off the world market and prduction is too slow. those dependent on the drug are the ones who lose Sad

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 1:36 pm
BH, my son just refilled it last week. But he’s switching to injectables now anyway.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 1:56 pm

Wow. Feel good. What does that mean for the efficacy of this drug?

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 2:07 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Wow. Feel good. What does that mean for the efficacy of this drug?

Amen.
It keeps way dangerous symptoms.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 2:24 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
thats why there is no drug available anywhere in europe anymore, and my mother takes it she has lupus and doesnt know what to do now Sad

I called ever ysingle pharmacy in our county. sold out. due to shut borders, no import possible.

a pharmacist told me that usa bought a huge quantity off the world market and prduction is too slow. those dependent on the drug are the ones who lose Sad

What Country is this? Usually shut borders do not apply to important imports such as medications. I am wishing your mother the best and IYH she'll get some soon!

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 2:39 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:

Would her doctor prescribe another disease modifier drug for lupus? My doctor said I will likely have to switch drugs.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 7:08 pm

Refuah shelaima

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 7:09 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Refuah shleima.

I have a fever and cough, and am starting to feel run down. Afraid to test.

You owe it to yourself, your family and the community to test yourself. I hope you’re quarantining.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 7:23 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Refuah shelaima

Amen

MamO3

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 8:06 pm
Does the drug cure it or make the virus less strong?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 8:09 pm
MamO3 wrote:
Does the drug cure it or make the virus less strong?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/.....-says

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 8:43 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
You owe it to yourself, your family and the community to test yourself. I hope you’re quarantining.

Testing won't cure her. As long as she's quarantined, the treatment for Covid-19 is the same whether you're positive or negative.

Sienna and Scarlet, refuah shleimah!!!!!

esuss

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 9:42 pm

The medicine doesn't cure or prevent covid19. It decreases and shortens the symptoms.

Jeanette

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 9:53 pm
esuss wrote:
The medicine doesn't cure or prevent covid19. It decreases and shortens the symptoms.

We don't even know if it does that. What we have right now are some anecdotal reports that it was effective.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 11:35 pm
I heard a recording of the husband of a woman we know talk about this drug saving his wife’s life. She got Covid19 and was hanging on for dear life on a respirator. It looked like she wasn’t going to make it. Then they announced this drug was approved today and she luckily was given the drug as treatment. BH her condition dramatically improved. She’s still far from fine but it definitely saved her. She’s in her 40s btw.

avrahamama

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 11:37 pm
esuss wrote:

It significantly decreases and shortens the symptoms. The less time the symptoms tax the body the better.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics