Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is this a valid fear?
Previous  1  2

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 3:54 pm
Often shuls or other organizations have a huge hagala pot just for this. Look around .

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 3:55 pm
A lot of us are making pesach for the first time this year.

avrahamama

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 4:04 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
New dishes will need tevila. You need a big not chametz pot to do hagolah (I think?). I know many hold that forks should not be hagolahed, due to food residue being stuck between the prongs. And lastly, I personally don't cook american-ashkenazi and ear kitniyos. I wouldn't know what to do with a soup pot, frying pan, and sauce pan. There'll be a warning period before things like the interstates shut doen for real. We'll pack out

The halachot for many Sephardim is not nearly as difficult. Many opinions are holding by bedieved right now as we are in unusual times. A soup pot is used to make rice as well. A frying pan to scramble eggs. A sauce pan to make whatever stew or even boil eggs for korban chagiga at Seder.

You can buy paper/plastic/aluminum.

You really can do this if you feel like it. Start checking rice now. Order whatever beans you eat dried. In fact kitniot have it waaaayyyy easier than Ashkenazim.

I'm not telling you what to do. I am saying though that making it for yourself can be a lot nicer a d easier than you think.

ddmom

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 4:08 pm
איזהו חכם? הרואה את הנולד
Nathanyahu just put down the whole israel on lock down. They have way less coronas than in the u.s.
It's only a question of time, it will happen. We're only a couple of weeks behind them.
The earlier you face reality, the easier your job will be!
There is still tome to order online before they all close down shop!
Order paper goods, aluminium pans, a couple of frying pans and one big pot!
Buy knives and peelers as well!
Everything else you can manage without!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics