Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
NO IBUPROFEN

cbg

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:36 pm
Please let me know if this is true

Just got this from Cornell:

FYI:
Information from Vienna’s laboratory studying COVID-19 say vast majority of people who died had ibuprofen/Advil in their system so do not take it!! Those who recovered did not take ibuprofen so if you have symptoms, take Paracetamol only!!! Looks like this virus thrives on ibuprofen so don’t do it and tell everyone you can!!!

Please pass this information on to everyone in each family. I don't want to miss anyone so share as much as you can. Or copy and paste!

I just spoke with my friend who is a nurse at VGH (Vancouver) and they just learnt that Advil makes the virus 10x worse. Tylenol ONLY for the time being. She said Advil kickstarts the virus into pneumonia.

She also said they are not releasing the correct number of cases on the news and they have patients coming in everyday and some currently on ventilators. Soon they won't have enough room in the hospitals to treat patients and will have to turn people away. They've cancelled all surgeries to use the ORs for available ventilators, but it still won't be enough.

She also said she found some people in there 40s and 50s who were previously healthy to be on ventilators and having major difficulty breathing because they took Advil.

Also 4 doctors at VGH are now infected and she said she has never seen her doctors so worried before. So please no Advil and stay safe!!! Love you guys 🤍🤍🤍

There are a few articles online
No Advil
No Advil or any NSAIDS!!!!

Please let me know if this is true

Mashy123

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:04 pm
Seems like I got a ton of friends with connections in Cornell...

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:14 pm
I don't know if true or not true, but I was told by enough different sources that I would stay away from it completely. This includes doctors who tested relatives of mine for Covid19. And not exclusive to advil. Anti-inflammatory drugs seem to worsen symptoms. That's what's being said.

Fave

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:21 pm
My local pharmacies and Amazon are all out of Tylenol....

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:21 pm
WHO announced only steroids are unsafe.

But when I needed to bring my son's fever down I gave tylenol.

Just in case...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics