Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Any Pesach Programs still running?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 4:39 pm
Maybe the word "program" isn't appropriate, but I'm wondering if there are any places to get away still running that make pesach for you. I don't mind staying in my room/suite or having a private seder, I just want to get away.

Are there any programs still running to some extent, allowing private people to stay in their villa/suite or not? Does anyone know of one?

DrMom

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 4:40 pm
I seriously doubt it!

Elfrida

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 4:52 pm
You could rent an Air BNB and get catering, but you'd have to deal with cleaning and covering things yourself.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 4:54 pm
stay HOME and get catering. Don't travel anywhere ( even if you're going by car) just stay inside and get catering.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 4:56 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
stay HOME and get catering. Don't travel anywhere ( even if you're going by car) just stay inside and get catering.

You're allowed to go outside. You're allowed to travel by car. You're allowed to rent a home for yourself.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 4:57 pm
I think Airbnb’s are all being cancelled.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 4:59 pm
What part of STAY HOME do you not understand? people are in ICUs and dying and a getaway is needed?

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:08 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
What part of STAY HOME do you not understand? people are in ICUs and dying and a getaway is needed?

You don't have to stay locked in. You can take a walk outside. You can go from the house to the car and the car to the house. You can rent a house on your own and go.

doctorima

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:13 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I think Airbnb’s are all being cancelled.

Do you have a source for this? I don't believe it's correct.

sidewalkchalk

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:14 pm
No please be nice to OP, there are reasons why it makes sense to want to get away.... some people literally barely have room for their families (once boys are a certain age and go away to yeshiva 96% of the time, for example, and other kids take their spots), or if you have a bunch of kids but don't have any outdoor areas (no yard, etc).

THAT SAID I think you may be stuck this year, honey.

amother
Green

Quote:

here we go again with the meanness. Who are you people that think it's ok to talk to people like that? We've all read the CDC guidelines, we're all following them. The op asked a valid question that is not going against the guidelines and yet here y'all are again with the insults and anger. Go away please. And calm down!

amother
cornflower

amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
You don't have to stay locked in. You can take a walk outside. You can go from the house to the car and the car to the house. You can rent a house on your own and go.

No. Stay in your own community. do not drive to someone else's and shop in their grocery stores and possibly spread the virus. just stay put.

All these new yorkers still thinking they are gonna rent a airbnb in south florida are crazy. It's terrible and the kosher grocery stores will not admit them ( they are checking id's), and every south florida rav has come out against it.
JUST STAY HOME.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Maybe the word "program" isn't appropriate, but I'm wondering if there are any places to get away still running that make pesach for you. I don't mind staying in my room/suite or having a private seder, I just want to get away.

Are there any programs still running to some extent, allowing private people to stay in their villa/suite or not? Does anyone know of one?

No and I can’t believe anyone would even consider it even if there was

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:18 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
No and I can’t believe anyone would even consider it even if there was

I know of a program that is running but I will not post it here. They're only allowing a very limited number of families to attend. It's private villa's, no new families. Only from previous years.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:20 pm
No. Stay in your own community. do not drive to someone else's and shop in their grocery stores and possibly spread the virus. just stay put.

All these new yorkers still thinking they are gonna rent a airbnb in south florida are crazy. It's terrible and the kosher grocery stores will not admit them ( they are checking id's), and every south florida rav has come out against it.
JUST STAY HOME.

Who says OP will shop at her location? Maybe she'll take everything along. You're allowed to rent a private home, take everything along and be quarantined there. It's not against the guidelines.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:22 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Who says OP will shop at her location? Maybe she'll take everything along. You're allowed to rent a private home, take everything along and be quarantined there. It's not against the guidelines.

k
if she's doing that, literally moving in for 2 weeks and quarantining then go right ahead.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:26 pm
Some states may be closing their borders. You don't want to get stuck on the drive in the middle of nowheresville.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:29 pm
My biggest concern would be that because hospitals and doctors are strained to the limit, they would resent anyone who arrived after all the warnings went out and If chas v'sholem, a visitor got sick, they wouldn't get good care.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 6:02 pm
Governor Murphy of NJ told people not to go to their own vacation homes in NJ. The resort towns of NJ don't have the medical infrastructure to handle more people.

If people are not allowed to go to their own vacation homes, how much more so not to rent in some random area.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 6:11 pm
Op, I think you should try to figure out how to make pesach at home the easiest way possible. Find out where you can buy ready made food and where you can order nice paper goods from.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics