Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Any Pesach Programs still running?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 12:13 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I know, I said if. I was going to say when because of course it will if it hasn't already. But I couldn't bring myself to type that four letter word (when) even though of course it will actually be in her best interest as she's 60+, among other reasons. I just hope she'll get the help she'll need where she is.

I wonder why the program is leading these poor people on instead of refunding them so they can make proper plans? It's not right.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 12:31 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
I wonder why the program is leading these poor people on instead of refunding them so they can make proper plans? It's not right.

I am assuming this is a rhetorical question as programs don’t want to announce formal cancellati9n because they would have to refund.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 12:49 pm
Amarante wrote:
I am assuming this is a rhetorical question as programs don’t want to announce formal cancellati9n because they would have to refund.

It actually wasn't rhetorical at all. I'm connected to many people in the pesach program business and all the programs I know of did the right thing days or even weeks ago, canceling and refunding. I'm wondering if the program directors are just awful people or still living in denial and hoping this thing "blows over" by pesach.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 12:55 pm
It actually wasn't rhetorical at all. I'm connected to many people in the pesach program business and all the programs I know of did the right thing days or even weeks ago, canceling and refunding. I'm wondering if the program directors are just awful people or still living in denial and hoping this thing "blows over" by pesach.

Cancun only canceled now. Monies can be applied to next year.

octopus

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:03 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Cancun only canceled now. Monies can be applied to next year.

This isn't right. Prices go up things never cost the same. Its not the same value. And just because Cancun was in the picture this year doesn't mean someone wants to go year after.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:06 pm
octopus wrote:
This isn't right. Prices go up things never cost the same. Its not the same value. And just because Cancun was in the picture this year doesn't mean someone wants to go year after.

Well it wont be year after year, no ones going this year.

octopus

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:10 pm
Well it wont be year after year, no ones going this year.

That is not what I meant. Just because someone's situation would've theoretically allowed them to go to Cancun this year (obviously now they are not), doesn't mean that next year they are able to do Cancun. So many reasons like a hi risk pregnancy, or medical condition just for example.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:22 pm
When you sign up for a program I assume there is some sort of contract with fine print that details cancellation policies...most people don't bother to read, but I'm sure it covers most situations.

octopus

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:39 pm
I don't know why I'm getting so hot and bothered by these pesach programs . its not like I go to any of them. Im more concerns about sleepaway camp and what's going to be. Will I get a refund if they cancel.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:44 pm
I bet they have something in fine print as well when you sign the contract. Do you have a copy?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 3:15 pm

I spoke to her recently. For all I know they cancelled, I didn't have the heart to ask her.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 3:52 pm

Flamm sent out a very heartfelt letter, how they lost 3 million dollars , and they wish they could refund but they dont have it

octopus

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 7:04 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Flamm sent out a very heartfelt letter, how they lost 3 million dollars , and they wish they could refund but they dont have it

So they are refunding nothing???

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 7:18 pm
octopus wrote:

I have no skin in this game. Not a pesach program organizer or attender...
How exactly do you think he ought to refund people money that was already spent??
Should he and all his kids sell their kidneys??
This pandemic is costing a lot of people a lot of money. The cost of pesach programs that can’t be refunded, is in that sum.
Don’t blame the organizers. It’s just wrong. It’s enough that they lost their parnassa for the year.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 7:20 pm
... and furthermore: for all those saying that they don’t want to apply the money towards next year because maybe they won’t be able to go- you do realize that by applying the money towards next year the organizers are losing their parnassa for next year as well?
They are to be pitied, not blamed.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 7:23 pm
This keep coming up, people wanting refunds for different things. Yes you’re entitled to a refund. Also yes they have no money to give to you. It sucks. We’re all in the same boat. God help us all.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 8:31 pm
octopus wrote:

It was all spent im sure. That is what a deposit is.
If it was their choice they’d be on the hook.

Another mom

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:27 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
I have no skin in this game. Not a pesach program organizer or attender...
How exactly do you think he ought to refund people money that was already spent??
Should he and all his kids sell their kidneys??
This pandemic is costing a lot of people a lot of money. The cost of pesach programs that can’t be refunded, is in that sum.
Don’t blame the organizers. It’s just wrong. It’s enough that they lost their parnassa for the year.

I assume you are talking about a deposit? B/c if they paid all of it then the organizers didn't lose all their parnasa

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:31 pm
What do the contracts say?

It seems very odd if there is a contract which permits someone to keep money if they do not provide the services. Obviously people lose deposits or whatever amounts paid if they cancel and most reservations for events provide so. But I am completely unfamiliar with a contract that states that the vendor can cancel a program and yet be entitled to keep money paid.

Obviously you can't get blood from a stone and one is also sympathetic to the people who actually put on the programs but they would presumably also not be locked in to payments for THEIR suppliers. I would doubt that they have to pay 100% of all costs for food; presumably they are not paying for any of the workers etc.

I would be curious as to exactly what the language states in terms of deposits and refunds.

Another mom

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:31 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
OP, I don't think anything will be open.
Even if there is something now, things can change in 2 weeks, and I wouldn't plan something that may change at any moment.
Can you get an empty kosher home, get a cleaning lady to scrub it, and everything catered? that's the closest to a pesach program these days...

Not sure if I want to eat catered food.... who knows who touched it??? Crying
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics