Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
If I have it and you have it

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:33 am
If I and probably my family has the virus, and you and your family have the virus, are we allowed to get together?
(even if we are still contagious) .
Once we are all starting to get it, can we put together a minyan of people who are already caught?

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 12:18 pm
I was thinking about this regarding mikvah. If I have a slight cough which may be from the virus, and many other women caugh as well, (and our husbands too, otherwise it would be a bad idea to be intimate) , there should be a mikva designated for all of us. Then we can all dunk without possibly contaminating those who believe they're clear.

mrs me

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 12:23 pm
This is a really interesting question!
Part of me thinks wow that’s brilliant! ... But part Of me feels that those who are sick should stay home so as not to spread germs on way to “corona congregations”

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 12:25 pm
They’re also now saying it seems like there are two strains so you don’t want to get hit with the second strain when you already have one

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 12:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If I and probably my family has the virus, and you and your family have the virus, are we allowed to get together?
(even if we are still contagious) .
Once we are all starting to get it, can we put together a minyan of people who are already caught?

How are you getting to each other without potentially infecting others who walk by after you?

happyone

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 12:39 pm
theres no proof yet if you cant get reinfected.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:04 pm
No this ignores the risk of great viral load. The more virus your exposed to the worse your case may be. That's why many healthcare workers get bad versions because they are exposed to the virus many times over.

Bad idea.

Everyone just stay home

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:14 pm
happyone wrote:
theres no proof yet if you cant get reinfected.

Correct. The NYS DOH has told us that after we are out of quarantine (bli ayin hara) we still must practice social distancing and other protocols because its not clear that we cannot get reinfected.

octopus

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:32 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
No this ignores the risk of great viral load. The more virus your exposed to the worse your case may be. That's why many healthcare workers get bad versions because they are exposed to the virus many times over.

Bad idea.

Everyone just stay home

I agree that everyone should just stay home. But the health care workers that get really bad cases are also probably really run down and exposed to all the worse cases.. They don't really know anything substantial. ..not yet anyway.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:33 pm
OTOH, the Crown Heights medical council says that kids who had coronavirus (assumed or verified) and are now recovered SHOULD take care of their elderly parents with the virus, because otherwise they may not eat or drink enough, making things worse.
https://crownheights.info/crow.....ty-9/

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 3:07 pm
I have spoken to several doctors about re-infection etc. I was told by them that no one really knows. Everyone is flying blind so to speak. They did say that they think that there is a chance of re-infection, and that there might be two strains. They also said that while you are out of quarantine after 72 hours of being symptom free, it is crucial to practice social distancing (6ft etc.) for 3-4 weeks as they think it may possibly still be transmittable. There was also a study (I think from the cruise ship) that shows it can live for more than ten days on certain surfaces.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 3:16 pm
From what I saw in my children the fatigue would have prevented them from going anywhere. One of my kids is BH now feeling better and the other one's fever broke last night. The grandchildren had milder cases.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics