Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Why is a respectable Rav in BP allowing Minyan to be open?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 10:45 pm
Why is a respectable [edited to remove unnecessary info] Minyan in BP (49th street, I wont add which avenue) allowing his Minyan to be open?

They were davening loudly Friday night, Shabbos daytime and Mincha/Maariv time.

Police was there last week.

cnc

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 10:56 pm
I have a list of 14 Shuls in Boro Park that were still open as of Friday.

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 10:57 pm
I have no idea who this rav is. As a a general rule, respectable is not a very objective term. If minyanim are not allowed by law it's a terrible thing to continue.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 11:57 pm
I think anyone who attends a minyan now (I live in NY) should be put in charem.

Ellie7

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 11:59 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
I think anyone who attends a minyan now (I live in NY) should be put in charem.

Except aren’t we all already in cherem?

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 12:00 am
Would like to know the answer too. We counted 25-30 people coming out of a shul across from us.
My dh put the name on a list going around but doesn’t let me call the rav and rebbitzen.

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 12:06 am
I think that the police let those who follow social distancing to the tee to remain open....it’s hatzala etc, that have more issues with it because they are dealing with the after effects.
Btw we are home, and not davening in shul, just answering about the police.

imorethanamother

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 12:39 am
I once posted here that recently babies were being diagnosed with herpes, soon after their bris, and that doctors blamed metzizah b’peh. I asked how could we let this practice continue?

The vehemence and rage I received in return - how dare I question our minhagim, our Rabbaim, based on some idiot doctors and scientists. Some people specifically wanted me to know that it wasn’t even their minhag, and they adopted it.

Well, it cuts both ways. If we hold of daas Torah, then we do. What else do you expect people to say.

gittylove

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 1:43 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
I have no idea who this rav is. As a a general rule, respectable is not a very objective term. If minyanim are not allowed by law it's a terrible thing to continue.

Up to 10 people allowed by law.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:03 am
Actually, as of last Sunday 8:00, no gatherings of any kind, with any a mount, for any reason,,,,,so 10 people are not allowed anymore

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:11 am
gittylove wrote:

Why push it? Why be the ones the police is summoned to? We care about lives. More so about every very single life who may be affected by our negative actions. Why be the problem when you can be part of the solution?

cnc

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:13 am
gittylove wrote:

Govt specifically said that Shuls may not be open.

Additionally permitted gatherings need to have 6 feet of space in between people.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:14 am
doodlesmom wrote:
I think that the police let those who follow social distancing to the tee to remain open....it’s hatzala etc, that have more issues with it because they are dealing with the after effects.
Btw we are home, and not davening in shul, just answering about the police.

If they do transgress the state will come down very hard on them. They will be closing any house of worship who is testing the limits with a warning of potentially being closed down permanently

chestnut

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:16 am
gittylove wrote:

Absolutely not!! No gatherings whatsoever, for any reasons.

chestnut

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:18 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
If they do transgress the state will come down very hard on them. They will be closing any house of worship who is testing the limits with a warning of potentially being closed down permanently

I seriously doubt they'll close even one shul. Jews will use their Protektzia and will cry anti semitism.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:21 am
Because why should we follow the laws and words of doctors when we can be Rabbi who are holier than thou. And if we die, it is al kiddush Hashem.
How many people we endanger; hatzala members, doctors, and other people who are now no longer get respirators because we're taking them, is a relevant.
WE ARE FRUMMER THAN YOU!

mig100

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:33 am
My very yeshivish rav said said last Friday it is forbidden to daven with a minyan - if you do you are considered a murderer

I guess these murderers are too frum to be on the internet so they will keep thinking they are so frum

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 3:46 am
Deleted

gittylove

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 3:48 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Well I know someone that davened in a Shul in bp, and police came down but allowed them to stay because there was a minimum of 6ft between each person. I’m not trying to advocate anything but my husband was at the grocery this past week and he said there’s no social distancing there whatsoever.... go figure....

Exactly I was in noway saying that minyan is ok now. I was just stating facts. I got a cdc card today saying groups up to 10 is okay.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 4:18 am
All roshei yeshivos and admorim assured minyanim. Who is greater than them to just defy them?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics