Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Poll: would you go to your parents pesach?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 10:17 am
I am due 2 weeks after pesach and am always 1 weeks early, occasionally a little earlier even. Would you go to your parents for pesach? They want me to come and both think they were already sick and getting over the virus now ( symptoms started for them over a week ago and are pretty much gone now so by pesach it will be over 2 weeks since symptoms started and will be more than 7 days symptom free).
They live an hr drive in the same state.
Would you go to them? My thought process is that even if I stay home , when I go into labor I will have to bring my other children there anyway.
Thoughts?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 10:18 am
How do ipost a poll?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 11:23 am
Bump.
Please I need opinions! I can't decide the right thing to do

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 11:28 am
How old are they? Are they diabetic or immunicompromised?

I'm due right after pesach and I'm not going for pesach. I don't know what's gonna be with delivery (c-section) but I'm not risking pesach. It's easier with baby in than out

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 11:30 am
I am due a week after Pesach and am usually early, so similar situation. I’m staying home and if I have to go in on Pesach I will leave the kids by my siblings, I can’t leave by my parents because they’re over 65. This is even though neither my parents nor anyone in my family is sick, and we’ve been quarantined for 2 weeks. Not taking any chances.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 11:31 am
Bh no health issues at all. Like I mentioned, they both think they have it already and it is almost gone.
What is your plan if you go into labor? Who will watch your kids. I know many ppl here recommended a neighbor but my kids wouldn't feel comfortable there

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 11:33 am
It’s risky to have caronavirus when pregnant and for the baby
Husbands are now allowed to be in the hospital room while delivering the baby
Coumo just changed that

banana123

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 11:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bh no health issues at all. Like I mentioned, they both think they have it already and it is almost gone.
What is your plan if you go into labor? Who will watch your kids. I know many ppl here recommended a neighbor but my kids wouldn't feel comfortable there

Does either of you have a teenage sibling you can bring in to stay with you for Pesach and watch your kids if you go into labor?

pizzapie

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 11:38 am
If your kids will be at your parents when you go into labor I would think it makes the most sense to go to your parents for pesach. This way in case labor goes very quickly and you dont have time to drive an hour to bring the kids over, your kids won't spend time first at the neighbors. This way you minimize your childrens' exposure to other people aside from your parents.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 11:44 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
It’s risky to have caronavirus when pregnant and for the baby
Husbands are now allowed to be in the hospital room while delivering the baby
Coumo just changed that

There is no information as of now indicating that it is dangerous to have the virus while pregnant, other than preg people may be slightly more immunocompromised. Please dont spread false information.

No teenage siblings around. 1 siblings lives local but isnt taking this virus seriously and seems to have no problem going out and about. I'd rather not bring my children there... like I mentioned, parents are under 60 with no health issues bh and likely already have it. But of course you never know, which is why I'm conflicted.
But I agree with the above, if anyway I will bring my kids there when I go into labor iyh, what difference does it make being there for pesach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics