Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
PSA - Unorthodox has full frontal male nudity
1  2  3  4  5  Next

watergirl

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:55 pm
Due to the many comments on the other thread about the Netflix series "Unorthodox", I wanted to post this PSA - there is FULL frontal male nudity in episode 4 and edited to add also full top frontal female in another episode. I turned it off as soon as I saw the scene so I am not sure if there is more to come. There is also partial frontal female nudity. In case anyone is reading the threads and wants to watch... know going in what to expect in this regard.

Last edited by watergirl on Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

asmileaday

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:57 pm
Also when Esty goes to the mikvah as a kallah you can see her naked upper body in full view. Just a warning for those that are sensitive.

watergirl

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:01 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Also when Esty goes to the mikvah as a kallah you can see her naked upper body in full view. Just a warning for those that are sensitive.

I skipped the entire mikvah scene so I had no idea. I’ll edit my first post. Thanks!

Rappel

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:03 pm
Ewwwww. I was vaguely curious, and now I never want to watch it. Thanks for the PSA!

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:07 pm
Rappel wrote:
Ewwwww. I was vaguely curious, and now I never want to watch it. Thanks for the PSA!

Me too - thanks!

watergirl

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:08 pm
Rappel wrote:

Np. I was so surprised when it came! It was not at all necessary and added nothing to the scene.

asmileaday

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:46 pm
watergirl wrote:
Np. I was so surprised when it came! It was not at all necessary and added nothing to the scene.

Even the mikvah scene. What was the point of showing her b*obs nipples and all?

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 2:06 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Even the mikvah scene. What was the point of showing her b*obs nipples and all?

to make the viewer feel uncomfortable.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 2:09 pm
watergirl wrote:

I think all of the naked water scenes (inclusive of the one where Esti pulls off her wig) are meant to be connected.

lilies

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 2:13 pm
Monetary gain.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 2:17 pm
lilies wrote:
Monetary gain.

can you substantiate that comment?

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 2:18 pm
Ooooh!! WHERE???
LOL

lilies

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 2:29 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
can you substantiate that comment?

It was in response to asmileaday's comment of what the point was.
I'm surprised others were surprised. I haven't watched it but would expect they would do some nudity in a mikvah scene. It's a selling point, is it not?

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 2:38 pm
lilies wrote:
It was in response to asmileaday's comment of what the point was.
I'm surprised others were surprised. I haven't watched it but would expect they would do some nudity in a mikvah scene. It's a selling point, is it not?

as in "hey friend - you don't have a netflix subscription yet, but you need one because there are a few scenes with nudity in Unorthodox"?

I don't think so.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 2:44 pm
delete

Last edited by amother on Wed, Apr 01 2020, 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 2:45 pm
Delete

lilies

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 2:47 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
as in "hey friend - you don't have a netflix subscription yet, but you need one because there are a few scenes with nudity in Unorthodox"?

I don't think so.

As in;
For the audience that believes this is a real portrayal of frum life, who will feel cheated on the 'skimping' of this 'vital part of our life'..

Also, unless a movie is extremely well-done, which this one doesn't seem to considered, nudity brings it up a bit in ratings, I assume.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 2:48 pm
Delete

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 2:51 pm
watergirl wrote:
Due to the many comments on the other thread about the Netflix series "Unorthodox", I wanted to post this PSA - there is FULL frontal male nudity in episode 4 and edited to add also full top frontal female in another episode. I turned it off as soon as I saw the scene so I am not sure if there is more to come. There is also partial frontal female nudity. In case anyone is reading the threads and wants to watch... know going in what to expect in this regard.

Thank you. What part of episode 4? I haven't gotten that far yet, and would skip it. Thanks!

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 2:51 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I think all of the naked water scenes (inclusive of the one where Esti pulls off her wig) are meant to be connected.

Honestly I dont see the big deal with the nudity in the mikvah scene- we're expected to go naked and if it makes people uncomfortable- EXACTLY. It can be uncomfortable to be nude at the mikvah in front of the ML.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics