Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How to help sick parents when you can’t go in the house?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 10:46 pm
My in-laws are so sick at home! Feeling helpless. Any tips for helping them make pesach when we can’tgo into their house?

hodeez

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 10:48 pm
Drop off food, supplies, and any needed medications by the front door so they can pick it up. Refuah shelaimah it's so hard when you want to help but don't know how!

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 10:52 pm
Can you go in with a mask and gloves? If they need something specific, such as kashering a kitchen or preparing their fridge, this is what I've heard:

1) Have them not enter the room for 24 hours
2) You go in wearing mask and gloves. Put gloves on before entering house and do not take them off till you leave, but do take them off before you touch your car. (Take them off from the inside so you don't touch them.)
3) DO NOT touch your face or mask while wearing the gloves. That's the #1 reason why gloves don't always work.
4) Wash your hands as soon as you enter your house, without touching your face prior.

You may want to run this by a doctor, but if s/he says no, definitely don't do it.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 10:57 pm
Drop off already cooked food and some paper goods. If you have children, have them make get well cards and happy Pesach cards and notes.

If you live nearby, walk over when it's YomTov to check on them (from a safe distance). If you don't live nearby, get a neighbor to check on them. Some people take a turn for the worse 7 -10 days into the illness.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 10:57 pm
I was told I can’t go in. I am leaving meds and food. They can’t get off their couch how can they clean out the basic from the fridge? Wondering what other people are doing.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 11:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was told I can’t go in. I am leaving meds and food. They can’t get off their couch how can they clean out the basic from the fridge? Wondering what other people are doing.

Ask a Rav.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 11:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It inspires me from a business perspective. Perhaps those cleaning crew companies can get hold of a couple of PPE's and offer their cleaning services for the sick?

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 2:22 am
If theyre so sick then someone really needs to go in and help them. Ideally I guess someone who is just recovering from corona, so that they won't catch it again? maybe wearing a mask? this is really concerning. It's different when you dont want to go in to infect them, but theyre already infected, and theyre sick and need help!

crust

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 2:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Why can't someone go in with full protective gear? These people are sick for heavens sake! Where do they live?

If they live near me I can go.

This is not normal. We are suffering from having our loved ones alone in hospitals. Why should we take on more restrictions than needed?

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 4:28 am
so sorry!

this is one of my "nightmares'

what does the dr and rov say to do?

wishing them refuah shleimah!

hugs and hatzlocha

southernbubby

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:15 am
I heard of a case where the family didn't want to go in and neighbors were asked but without head to toe protection, nobody could go in and an ambulance was called and the person was transported to the hospital because he couldn't take care of himself at home.
Once the sick people have been removed from the home, there are companies that clean and disinfect the house but they don't remove chometz or kasher the kitchen, however once this disinfectant has been applied, it may be possible for a healthy person to go in and do the minimum necessary to celebrate Pesach.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:56 am
Don't be the ones to help them in the house. Your inlaws need you to shop and drop stuff off on their porch.
I am the inlaw and am grateful to dc. And also lucky to have healthy/recovering kids in the house bH.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics