Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Dr Zelenko - are his meds really working?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

tweety1

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 4:59 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
First off OP, yasher koach for the title change. May HAshem continue to protect us and all of klal yisroel and the entire world!

No one here knows definitely if the rebbe indeed had corona, but FTR, he did NOT shake hands Purim as corona fear had reached our shores already by then. So, no, not EVERY single person at the tish was infected.

His results came back positive.

tweety1

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 5:03 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Smokey, please call Dr. Zelenko & tell him about your husband's conditions. He can't make a decision for you without seeing your husband but he can tell you if you should be pushing his doctors or not.

My DH was in HUP where they where they gave hydroxychloroquine but no Zithromax or zinc. Chasdei Hashem he was discharged though not all the way there. I asked his own doc if we should give Zithromax & he said no, if he's doing better let's not give any unnecessary meds. Though he also said, we don't know for sure that any of this works, but it's all we have so we're trying it.

I have a lot of respect for DH's doctor, yet I can't understand why the doctors are being so stubborn about this possible life-sving treatment. Yes, I know there may be side effects.

But as someone said recently, it's like the Chofetz Chaim's story with the muddy well water, that the Poritz told them they had to filter to drink. Then when there was a fire the foolish peasants were busy looking for filtered water. When a fire is burning you use whatever water you have.

Drs are being very stubborn in giving it. My mother has asthma and now Corona. Her Dr is refusing to give it unless she's that sick and belongs in the hospital. BH she's recovering slowly with her Dr claiming she has a mild case. He claims the meds are only to be given in very extreme cases and only in a hospital.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 5:17 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Drs are being very stubborn in giving it. My mother has asthma and now Corona. Her Dr is refusing to give it unless she's that sick and belongs in the hospital. BH she's recovering slowly with her Dr claiming she has a mild case. He claims the meds are only to be given in very extreme cases and only in a hospital.

In defense of doctors - 'stubborn' is not the right word here.

Just One

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 5:30 pm
If you listen to Zelenkos interview on Hannitty he most definitely doesn't believe in giving it to everybody. He's giving it to people in the high risk group I.e. the elderly and those with preexisting conditions in addition to younger people who have started exibiting shortness of breath.
He specifically says that the regimen must be started before the patient is critically ill because at that point the lung damage is oftentimes irreversible.
Hannitty read the experience of a Florida man who was very sick, about to be intubated, who took this medication and lo and behold he was "miraculously" cured 12 hours later. Zelenko expressed skepticism, so he's no abra cadabra believer. He's very clear where and how this combination works.
As for side affects please read the potential side affects of Tylenol or birth control pills for that matter. All meds have potential side affects. But absenting specific risk factors hc has always been considered a relatively benign drug.
So as is always the case, don't self medicate without your doctor's approval but be proactive and discuss your options before admission to the ICU is mandated.
And don't raid the fish tank please. Your fish need you.
Refuah and yeshuah to all! May this all come to an end soon. Gut shabbos

Just One

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 5:38 pm
tweety1 wrote:

I believe the reluctance on behalf of doctors to prescribe hydroxychloroquine is due to fear of shortages. Good for the general supply but not necessarily in the individual's best interest.
When pressed on what the cons might be for prescribing hydroxychloroquine Dr Fauci basically focuses on the fact that there is only anecdotal evidence of effectiveness and supply might run out for those who need it for other conditions

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 5:39 pm
I took the meds because I’m high risk. The side effects were horrible. Trust your doctors.
It’s driving me crazy how everyone’s calling it “dr zelenkos treatment.” As if it originated from him. He publicized himself but this treatment is known about all over and it’s controversial. I’m no where near kJ and my doc gave them to me.

Just One

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 5:52 pm
crust wrote:
The problem is that this medicine does not help as a last resort.

It doesn't heal the virus. It only protects the lungs. Once the lungs are hit hard ch"v its irreversible.

From what I understand this medication works in two ways. It's an anti viral (as per its original use against malaria) and helps fight the actual virus though scientists aren't sure of the exact mechanism.
It also stops the immune system from going into full blown attack mode called Cytokine storm (hence it's classical use for treatment of auto immune disease) which is actually the cause of most COVID19 deaths

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 5:53 pm
Malaria is not a viral disease.

Just One

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 5:53 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I took the meds because I’m high risk. The side effects were horrible. Trust your doctors.
It’s driving me crazy how everyone’s calling it “dr zelenkos treatment.” As if it originated from him. He publicized himself but this treatment is known about all over and it’s controversial. I’m no where near kJ and my doc gave them to me.

What were the side effects?

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 6:08 pm
So the hospital just called they are releasing my husband. They gave him Dr. Zelenko regimen and sending him home to finish up the medication.
But his own doctors said to not give it.
It’s all in Ha-shems hands now.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 7:33 pm
Just One wrote:
What were the side effects?

Extreme stomach pain and sever diarrhea.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 9:42 am
Extreme stomach pain and sever diarrhea.

I thought there were possible cardiac issues too.
Hope you're over the hump.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:09 am
For the Amother complaining about stomach issues,
I have lupus and been on hydroxychloroquin for years. In the beginning I had major stomach issues and then I realized it on my happened when I took them on an empty stomach or at night. If you mix them with food, your stomach issues should go away.
Hazlacha!

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:15 am
KJ lost 3 chasheve yidden this weekend. Apparently, Dr. Z can't save everyone. Crying

Wondering, is this drug like, let's save the lungs and worry about the other organs later?

tryinghard

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:21 am
The problem is that you are combining two medications which each have the potential to cause heart problems - so in combination they can be very risky. There is no point in saving someone with a regimen that will kill them! That is why a lot of doctors are selective with this - it’s not a “it can’t hurt” situation like taking zinc is... and it’s certainly no miracle drug, plenty of patients have been treated this way with no results.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:32 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
KJ lost 3 chasheve yidden this weekend. Apparently, Dr. Z can't save everyone. Crying

Wondering, is this drug like, let's save the lungs and worry about the other organs later?

Mr. Steinmetz was even treated? He was in the hospital for so long.
Same to Mr. Posen?
Or did they have preexisting conditions?

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:38 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Mr. Steinmetz was even treated? He was in the hospital for so long.
Same to Mr. Posen?
Or did they have preexisting conditions?

I have no idea. I was responding to the OP asking if KJ is fine because of the doctor. Sadly, the malech hamoves made his stops here too. Porgesz was a younger man.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:40 am
Dr Zelenko says that the zithromax in not that important. What's most important is hydroxychloroquine combined with zinc. He claims, from his research, that the hydroxychloroquine opens the cells to absorb the zinc (which is an antiviral)

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:13 am
‘Beginning Of The End’: Renowned Doctor Sees 100% Success With Virus Drug

https://matzav.com/beginning-o.....drug/

dancingqueen

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:16 am

Also confused. There have been international and national studies already underway of those two drugs to combat covid-19.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics