Home

GE electric oven sabbath mode HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post  Wed, Apr 08 2020, 12:23 am
Hi ladies,

I'd really like to leave my electric oven on for yomtov on a low temperature just for warming. I found the instructions on GE's site how to enable the feature but they don't mention anywhere about setting the temp. anyone know this well and can help me out?

asmileaday

Post  Wed, Apr 08 2020, 12:49 am
I don't know what model you have. I have a double wall oven and it's really simple. But my model has a touch screen. You tap settings, select sabbath, and then you enter whatever temperature you want. Tap start.

Surplus

Post  Wed, Apr 08 2020, 3:08 pm
My experience with the ge oven Shabbat mode was that even though it was on SM the light still opened and closed by opening and closing door. Looks like the manufacturer didn’t study hilchos shabbos... Surprised

asmileaday

Post  Wed, Apr 08 2020, 3:23 pm
Surplus wrote:
My experience with the ge oven Shabbat mode was that even though it was on SM the light still opened and closed by opening and closing door. Looks like the manufacturer didn’t study hilchos shabbos... Surprised

Not with mine. Light doesn't go on.
My old ge oven that didn't have a touch pad, the bulb burned out pretty much right away so it was never an issue.

Surplus

Post  Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:07 pm
Wow I wonder if mine is damaged. Good to know. Thanks. Gut Yom Tovar’s to all!

notshanarishona

Post  Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:23 pm
Is their any way to set the oven to not turn off automatically after 12 hours ? We just got this oven- it doesn’t have Shabbas mode . Thanks

nachasmom

Post  Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:31 pm
You should hold the bake and broil button at the same time for three seconds. You should then receive an option to turn off the the 12 hour shutdown and a sabbath mode option. The delay time button should allow you to scroll all the options. Let me know if that works. Good luck

Hashem_Yaazor

Post  Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:36 pm
Every model is different, but the manual should say how to disable 12 hour shutoff which is independent of shabbos mode.

Bsimcha

Post  Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:38 pm
I don't get why they haven't figured out how we can see what temp it's set at, since it doesn't beep or show numbers, there's no way to know exact temp without a thermometer.

GE Shabbos Mode

notshanarishona

Post  Wed, Apr 08 2020, 7:30 pm
Thanks
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen