Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Please help me deal with my medical anxiety

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 11 2020, 11:29 pm
I anyways have medical anxiety and generalized anxiety. I take meds and see a licensed therapist. I have been pretty calm about being in the moment and not being worried about having the virus chv. Today I was reading a dvar Torah to our family at the table out loud and felt like I had to take some deep breaths. I just kept feeling kind of winded/ out of breath a little and started freaking out. I was able to calm myself, go for a walk etc. If I focus on it, it still kind of feels like my heart is racing. I took my BP and bh it was totally normal. I did have an upset stomach today but that is prob just from anxiety. Such a bad cycle I am getting myself into...thinking I have covid...getting anxious...feeling symptoms...getting more nervous etc.

Edited to add- how do I know when/if to be worried about my symptoms??

Any advice??

leahleah

Post Sat, Apr 11 2020, 11:56 pm
You can try some mindfulness exercise. First acknowledge your feelings, "I'm feeling scared, anxious etc" then get comfortable in a chair, place your feet firmly on the floor, try to feel physically grounded, feel yourself sinking into the chair etc. Then try to focus on your breathing for at least 8 minutes, try to be an observer of thoughts and feelings that may come during this time while focusing on your breathing. This may help you feel more relaxed.
Good luck!!

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 12:06 am
If your young and healthy corona is not dangerous at all. I had it and I was able to continue with my daily routine regularly. The shortness of breathe that u had, sounds more like a panic or anxiety attack. U just have to relax and don’t think so much about it and you’ll be fine. Try to do some meditation and maybe have a video session with your therapist.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics