Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Stimulus check
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 9:07 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
If you make more money, you presumably have access to alternative forms of savings and credit like credit cards that poorer people do not. We don't qualify for stimulus checks and have made a lot less money but we have assets and can see a way through whereas some people have lost their jobs, cannot afford food for their kids, etc. Also, unfortunately, many people who would benefit do not qualify because they made too little to file or didnt file etc. So that is unfortunate for them.

All it takes is one missed payment for ones credit line to disappear. Not everyone uses credit cards. If you as a couple didn’t qualify that means you made more than 190k which is still not rich but significantly more Than 150k. From what I’ve read you don’t need to file to qualify. People that are falling through the cracks are people who made too much lag year but don’t currently make enough to get by.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 9:13 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Only if you made enough more money in 2019 that made you ineligible.

If you get it now, its yours. No repayment.

If you didn't get it, but become eligible, you'll get it later.

amother
White

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 9:51 am
this sucks. we never did our 2018 returns cuz we didnt have the money to pay accountant. now what?! we can really use the stimulus money Crying Crying

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 9:55 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
this sucks. we never did our 2018 returns cuz we didnt have the money to pay accountant. now what?! we can really use the stimulus money Crying Crying

file your tax return.

cnc

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 10:02 am
amother [ White ] wrote:

If you make under a certain amount , you can have it prepared for you feee or charge .

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 10:02 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Even all the overpriced matching outfits only add up to a few thousand dollars. The cost of living as a frum Jew is astronomical. Between tuition and shabbos and yom tov, and often large families...

It is thinking like this which is why people don't have money in emergency savings so they can support themselves for several months. Even in non-pandemic situations, people lose jobs or become chronically ill which is why they are called "emergency savings".

A few thousand here and a few thousand there is how most people save money - not to mention that $10,000 will be worth $50,000 in thirty years which is how people try to save for retirement.

mra01385

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 10:26 am
To white, you can file your taxes for free with h and r block if you make less than a certain income. Even if your income is too high h and r block charges a small fee to file your taxes and they give you guidance along the way. We use h and r block every year and it’s great!

amother
White

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:25 pm
mra01385 wrote:
To white, you can file your taxes for free with h and r block if you make less than a certain income. Even if your income is too high h and r block charges a small fee to file your taxes and they give you guidance along the way. We use h and r block every year and it’s great!

I cant. we own a business thats losing money and its too complicated to just file online.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:29 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
That's an incorrect presumption.

It's not incorrect. Richer people have more access than poorer people.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:38 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
I cant. we own a business thats losing money and its too complicated to just file online.

reach out to your network and see if you can get someone to help you put your papers in order for 2018, and prepare your return.

People have time on their hands.

amother
White

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:41 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
reach out to your network and see if you can get someone to help you put your papers in order for 2018, and prepare your return.

People have time on their hands.

its prepared by our acct just waiting for a payment.

Mollie

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:42 pm
PSA, if you filed an electronic payment through a tax collector the IRS doesn’t have your deposit info on file and will not be able to do direct deposit. Go into ״get my payment” on the IRS website and update your direct deposit information if you want your money quicker

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:45 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
its prepared by our acct just waiting for a payment.

Call the accountant and see if he'll settle with you for a % of your expected Stimulus payment.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 1:15 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
It's not incorrect. Richer people have more access than poorer people.

You’re not richer based on what you had in the past. No income now is no income now. Past income doesn’t equal savings. It also doesn’t equal throwing money out the window.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 2:31 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
You’re not richer based on what you had in the past. No income now is no income now. Past income doesn’t equal savings. It also doesn’t equal throwing money out the window.

People who suddenly hit a brick wall still have more resources than those that never earned the money. If you can't see that, then that is why you are in trouble. The End.

saw50st8

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 2:50 pm
I think many of you are missing the point of the checks - it is to keep a roof over your head and food in your stomach. It is not meant to fund private school tuition.

Regardless of what you think of Yeshiva (and trust me, we value it tremendously and don't consider it an "extra") it is absolutely an optional expense, especially from the government's perspective. If you can spend 30k (or 10k or 5k) on tuition, that is extra money that you have. Instead of paying for private school you can pay for your food and shelter.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sat, Apr 18 2020, 9:00 pm
saw50st8 wrote:
Instead of paying for private school you can pay for your food and shelter.

They're not refunding.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sat, Apr 18 2020, 9:31 pm
I’m hoping to get my money soon. When I track it says I’m eligible and when they have a deposit date they will update the page...

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 10:29 am
Why didn't I get for my 17 year old. She is the most costly these days. Lol

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 10:33 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Why didn't I get for my 17 year old. She is the most costly these days. Lol

because she's not eligible for the child tax credit.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics