Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Bungalow colonies, sleepaway camp - updates
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 9:04 am
Any update on bungalow colonies and sleepaway camps for this summer - if they will open - or we we not know yet?

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 9:26 am
I don't know but I would guess everyone's still waiting to see what the next few weeks bring...
honestly if I had a summer home that I could go up to whenever I want, I think I would go up cuz why not? Can social distance there just as well and a change of scenery would be nice...

tweety1

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 11:33 am
The mayor of Sullivan county so far is not giving out any permits. He's saying he won't at all. But I guess time will tell and it might change. Those living there all yr round are mad at the Jewish ppl coming up every summer so I doubt it will change.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 11:43 am
There’s a lot of anti Semitic residents sadly upstate and they won’t allow it. Like someone said upthread the mayors won’t give permits. Even if things improve they’ll still use the virus as an excuse because the reality is they don’t like the Jewish summer guests.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:04 pm
The mayor? of Sullivan county? counties don't usually have mayors AFAIK... could be the mayor of a specific town in Sullivan County

southernbubby

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:10 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I don't know but I would guess everyone's still waiting to see what the next few weeks bring...
honestly if I had a summer home that I could go up to whenever I want, I think I would go up cuz why not? Can social distance there just as well and a change of scenery would be nice...

It's impossible to social distance there because the kids all play together.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:11 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
The mayor? of Sullivan county? counties don't usually have mayors AFAIK... could be the mayor of a specific town in Sullivan County

The mayor of the city of Fallsberg wants the bungalow crowd to stay home.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:13 pm
southernbubby wrote:

Same way you're not letting your kids play with other kids here (presumably) you can let them not play with other kids there?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:13 pm
southernbubby wrote:

The kids on my streets and other streets I've walked through are all playing together anyway. Might as well open the camps and let them hang out together there after being tested first of course. At least that will provide the parents with some relief as they know that their kids are safe in camps. Should start this now already and have some school lessons as well while we are at it.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:14 pm
southernbubby wrote:
The mayor of the city of Fallsberg wants the bungalow crowd to stay home.

Honestly, do you blame them? Let's consider the situation in reverse. Would we want an enclave transporting themselves from a location with a severe CV outbreak to reside two months in our midst?

octopus

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:21 pm
Um no. My kids are not playing with other peoples kids right now. What planet did you drop off from?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:28 pm
I don’t blame them. If I lived there I wouldn’t want other people coming and possibly using up hospital beds.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:34 pm
octopus wrote:
Um no. My kids are not playing with other peoples kids right now. What planet did you drop off from?

In Flatbush and Boro Park Brooklyn many kids are out playing with each other. Has been going on for weeks now and the cops are not stopping it so its not illegal. The kids may as well go to camp and play with each other there.

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:37 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
In Flatbush and Boro Park Brooklyn many kids are out playing with each other. Has been going on for weeks now and the cops are not stopping it so its not illegal. The kids may as well go to camp and play with each other there.

It's still illegal even it's not enforced.

Let them keep their diseases in Brooklyn. Who wants it brought upstate? The residents rather be able to go to Walmart without risking death. They are an older more vulnerable population.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:38 pm

And that's exactly why they don't want us there. Can't blame them.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:40 pm

So would you be ok with a group of kids (who have been playing together) from New Orleans moving in to your location for two months? Bringing along with them, adult personnel, the coming & goings of food delivery & service trucks, personal belongings, along with possibly a different strain of CV and the like?

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:41 pm

The cops not stopping it doesn't mean its legal. Consider the backlash in the said communities if they tried to just that.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:47 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
So would you be ok with a group of kids (who have been playing together) from New Orleans moving in to your location for two months? Bringing along with them, adult personnel, the coming & goings of food delivery & service trucks, personal belongings, along with possibly a different strain of CV and the like?

If you follow the rules and self-isolating then it wouldnt affect you either way which is why the kids playing outside in Brooklyn doesnt bother me. Just like the people are biking and playing ball in the parks doesnt affect me either. Its really up to Cuomo to be stricter about the rules and ensure that no one goes out (except for essentials) but that is not happening so people may as well do whatever they want (which they have been doing up until now anyway).
Upstate counties make lots of money from Orthodox Jews so they shouldnt be complaining about camps being open either. Especially since no one would be allowed to go offsite so the locals dont have to deal with anyone from Brooklyn. (I want to say that the locals wont have to deal with them d*rty Jews but I think people on imamother will go ballistic if I point out the anti-semitism going on upstate and in Brooklyn for that matter.)

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:54 pm
If you follow the rules and self-isolating then it wouldnt affect you either way which is why the kids playing outside in Brooklyn doesnt bother me. Just like the people are biking and playing ball in the parks doesnt affect me either. Its really up to Cuomo to be stricter about the rules and ensure that no one goes out (except for essentials) but that is not happening so people may as well do whatever they want (which they have been doing up until now anyway).
Upstate counties make lots of money from Orthodox Jews so they shouldnt be complaining about camps being open either. Especially since no one would be allowed to go offsite so the locals dont have to deal with anyone from Brooklyn. (I want to say that the locals wont have to deal with them d*rty Jews but I think people on imamother will go ballistic if I point out the anti-semitism going on upstate and in Brooklyn for that matter.)

Just because you have inaccurate information, and it doesn't bother you, doesn't mean the rest of society should follow. Quarantine and isolations are meant to slow the spread, so that the medical personnel can get a handle on it. By breaking the rules, you are interfering with slowing the spread, thus risking more lives of other people. You should study up on the indirect exposure aspect of this CV virus, and just maybe you'll change your tune.

And this has nothing to do with money. All the states are willing to risk their economy and infrastructure to save lives. So do all the villages, towns and counties.

As for going offsite, how will people come and go? How will food and services be delivered? And there's much more to it as well - again, read up on indirect exposure.

And as for anti-semitism - if you want to fan those flames, just introduce one case of CV and have that spread through a summer town.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:55 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Honestly, do you blame them? Let's consider the situation in reverse. Would we want an enclave transporting themselves from a location with a severe CV outbreak to reside two months in our midst?

They don’t want the people, but they do want the businesses the summer brings, without the people. And the taxes.
Of course.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics