Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Bungalow colonies, sleepaway camp - updates
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 4:17 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
There are no reliable sources since no one knows! My husband is a manager in a camp and they don’t know nada it’s all assumptions!

Agreed.

Signed,

Someone who works for a camp and is well connected with dozens of camp directors etc

cnc

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 4:29 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
Heard from a reliable source
Sleepaway will open.
They will swab each kid first.
No one will be allowed in or out of camp. No visiting day. (Yay!)
Have no idea about day camps upstate. My bungalow will be open (it’s private homes) but no idea if the state will allow pools or day camps. Ugh. Hot swampy humidity
Shoot me now

Completely not accurate.
The camp directors are just as much in the dark as we are . Nobody will know anything for sure until closer.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 5:18 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Not everyone benefits from the brooklynites going upstate, but everyone is sure inconvenienced by them. There's a culture clash between the entitled summer people and the year round residents. I am amazed at the stories of groups of people strolling in the street meant for vehicles without consideration of traffic. I also am amazed by the people in Walmart.

The residents may be inconvenienced .
There may be a culture clash.
People are human and bring with them human imperfection.
But resort towns are a fact of life for every part of the world and every part of humanity.

Do you have this attitude to kennebunkport,ME and to Montauk, NY or Blueridge Mountains, VA? or Sacramento, CA?

or only to the Catskills which has been a Jewish resort town since the 1920s and before that farmland that was owned overwhelmingly by Jews. (who are buried in the majority of Catskill cemeteries of the 1800s till the mid 1900's)

Hence the nicknames BORSCHT BELT and the Solomon Alps.

WHY REFER TO JEWS AS ENTITLED vs THE YEAR ROUND RESIDENTS?

Why are we self-hating Jews?

If for health safety reasons it is better for us to stay home, so be it. But why the rhetoric against us JEWS. we have enough hate from the non-Jews.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 5:20 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
What about all the older year around residents up there
Are any of you thinking

Or is this just more entitlement

if you want to clarify a point, why shoot her with the word "entitlement".

Would you talk like that to a non-Jew but only to your co-religionists?

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 8:23 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:

But resort towns are a fact of life for every part of the world and every part of humanity.

Do you have this attitude to kennebunkport,ME and to Montauk, NY or Blueridge Mountains, VA? or Sacramento, CA?

I am not at all familiar with what happens in the Catskills, so I won’t comment on that, but Sacramento CA is not remotely a resort town. It’s not a good example to bring up.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 8:27 pm
Many of my friends are already up in the country!
By their own bungalows that they own Or by their moms.
Here in bkly there are 5 kids in 3 bedrooms and nowhere to play!
Others rented houses in Florida!

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 8:31 pm
For whatever it's worth, I heard from someone who owns a bungalow colony in swan lake that they were recently told they will be able to open, including the pool. Fingers crossed?

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 8:35 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
if you want to clarify a point, why shoot her with the word "entitlement".

Would you talk like that to a non-Jew but only to your co-religionists?

Why would she talk differently to religious vs non-religious people about entitlement? Doing something selfish and dangerous for your own benefit is entitled no matter who you are.

Or was this just another ploy to derail the point and make someone feel guilty for being upset by the actions of a fellow Jew?

amother
Linen

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 4:18 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Why would she talk differently to religious vs non-religious people about entitlement? Doing something selfish and dangerous for your own benefit is entitled no matter who you are.

Or was this just another ploy to derail the point and make someone feel guilty for being upset by the actions of a fellow Jew?

Thousands upon thousands of non-jewish New Yorkers from Riverdale, Manhattan, Brooklyn,
and Staten Island have left in droves to second homes. In many counties, vacation rentals are all but grabbed up.

Did you call them "entitled" or did you reserve this word for your fellow jews??

IF YOU WANT TO BRING A POINT ACROSS TO YOUR FELLOW JEW ABOUT "actions of fellow jews" or that it may not be considerate you can do so in a "jewish" manner.

There is no denying that their is a lot of self-hating jews on this web-site.

their is a DOUBLE STANDARD on this website.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 6:01 pm
According to coumos requirements for opening businesses, it doesn't look like camps will open...I would say it would probably fit phase 3 equalingbhotels, restaurant but who knows....

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 6:02 pm
Dr. Ditchek has a very strongly worded letter regarding people going upstate to bungalows in yeshiva world news

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 6:04 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Thousands upon thousands of non-jewish New Yorkers from Riverdale, Manhattan, Brooklyn,
and Staten Island have left in droves to second homes. In many counties, vacation rentals are all but grabbed up.

Did you call them "entitled" or did you reserve this word for your fellow jews??

IF YOU WANT TO BRING A POINT ACROSS TO YOUR FELLOW JEW ABOUT "actions of fellow jews" or that it may not be considerate you can do so in a "jewish" manner.

There is no denying that their is a lot of self-hating jews on this web-site.

their is a DOUBLE STANDARD on this website.

We're not having a conversation with them we are having one amongst ourselves.

I don't approve of their irresponsibility any more than those of my fellow Jews. But I am not speaking with them on this site. Why the drama?

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 6:05 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Dr. Ditchek has a very strongly worded letter regarding people going upstate to bungalows in yeshiva world news

People update now are those that pay taxes all year in winterized homes they have a right. No decision will be made before June 1st. But something will be allowed question is what

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 7:41 pm
When did Dr. Ditchek become the end all for all medical cultural moral and halachik decisions

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 7:46 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:

All the pediatrician threads on imamother in the dozen years I've been on here... I've never heard of him or seen him recommended here. Never heard of him in real life, in all my years in Brooklyn. And now I don't stop getting "messages" from him to the community. I still don't know who he is. Not so interested in his rantings.

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, May 04 2020, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

youngishbear

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 7:51 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
For whatever it's worth, I heard from someone who owns a bungalow colony in swan lake that they were recently told they will be able to open, including the pool. Fingers crossed?

Please don't cross your fingers on a frum Jewish website.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 8:11 pm
For many, the bungalows actually allow more physical distancing than their homes in Boro Park or Brooklyn or Williamsburg. I think people should think a minute before they ban something.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 8:18 pm
As was said here several times already, it has to do with the fact that the hospital is too small to take in too many COVID patients.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 8:29 pm
ra_mom wrote:
All the pediatrician threads on imamother in the dozen years I've been on here... I've never heard of him or seen him recommended here. Never heard of him in real life, in all my years in Brooklyn. And now I don't stop getting "messages" from him to the community. I still don't know who he is. Not so interested in his rantings.

With all due respect, THIS. Ppl make it sound like he is some sort of authority...

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 8:38 pm
southernbubby wrote:
As was said here several times already, it has to do with the fact that the hospital is too small to take in too many COVID patients.

They never take anything more then a cut to the upstate hospitals hatzolah takes to westchester it the city anyways so that’s not really a concern
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics