Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Bungalow colonies, sleepaway camp - updates
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Mommyg8

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 8:40 pm
ra_mom wrote:
All the pediatrician threads on imamother in the dozen years I've been on here... I've never heard of him or seen him recommended here. Never heard of him in real life, in all my years in Brooklyn. And now I don't stop getting "messages" from him to the community. I still don't know who he is. Not so interested in his rantings.

Thank you ra_mom. I agree.

Mommyg8

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 8:42 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Please don't cross your fingers on a frum Jewish website.

I was about to write this and saw your post first. Thanks Smile .

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 8:46 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
They never take anything more then a cut to the upstate hospitals hatzolah takes to westchester it the city anyways so that’s not really a concern

Of course it's a concern. Why flood Westchester hospital and give people in the area less access to medical care? Why risk being upstate and unable to breathe and needing to ride over an hour to Westchester? It's hard but the responsible thing is to stay put.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 1:11 am
youngishbear wrote:
Please don't cross your fingers on a frum Jewish website.

Oh vey. 🙄🙄🙄
Get over it. It’s universally a figure of speech.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:27 am
I know this is not a recent thread but I wasnt going to start a new one.....
I have a question.... if we were to go to the catskills for a few days would we need to be I n quarantine when we get back?

cnc

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 8:13 am
Dr. Ditchek is the medical director of Kids of Courage and FWIW he is considered a top knowledgable doctor .
I’ve certainly heard of him and know of him for 15+ years.

He spoke at the meeting of school principals and educators organized by Torah Umesorah a few days before the lockdown began .

ETA I don’t believe he practices pediatrics in Brooklyn - which is why you wouldn’t have seen him recommended on such a thread.

sweetart

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 8:22 am
Dr Ditchek's practice is in Flatbush

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 8:23 am
cnc wrote:
Dr. Ditchek is the medical director of Kids of Courage and FWIW he is considered a top knowledgable doctor .
I’ve certainly heard of him and know of him for 15+ years.

He spoke at the meeting of school principals and educators organized by Torah Umesorah a few days before the lockdown began .

ETA I don’t believe he practices pediatrics in Brooklyn - which is why you wouldn’t have seen him recommended on such a thread.

He is just posting all day to get his name out there I don’t think anyone is listening to hmm.

When hatzalah stopped taking patients to Mimanidies hospital bec they were killing Jewish patients he was busy posting how it’s the best hospital and we should all. Go there so people were saying either he’s stupid or he is being paid by maimaindies. But either or no one is listening to his opinion we never heard of him before. Just bec you post voice notes all day doesn’t mean your opinion is valid.

amother
Black

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 8:34 am
He's always been a controversial figure. He was the Medical Director of Camp Simcha Special and started Kids of Courage when he "parted ways" with Chai Lifeline.

cnc

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 8:51 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
He is just posting all day to get his name out there I don’t think anyone is listening to hmm.

When hatzalah stopped taking patients to Mimanidies hospital bec they were killing Jewish patients he was busy posting how it’s the best hospital and we should all. Go there so people were saying either he’s stupid or he is being paid by maimaindies. But either or no one is listening to his opinion we never heard of him before. Just bec you post voice notes all day doesn’t mean your opinion is valid.

I beg to differ Smile

You may not have heard of him before but he’s definitely well known.

As I said , he was the medical speaker at Torah Umesorah’s meeting. I’m sure they did their due diligence before deciding that he should be the one speaking to all Yeshiva and school principals in Brooklyn .

If you don’t like what someone is saying, that doesn’t mean he’s stupid and needs to get his name out there.
He’s very well known in the medical field.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 8:59 am
Wondering if that means he went to Torah Umesorah or they came to him?
I have mixed feelings about this, I used him for many years, but some of his behavior has left a sour taste.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 1:43 pm
Any updates with sleep away camps? My boys sleep away camp in Parksville just sent out an email they want half of camp paid by this Thursday and the balance by June 10. They won't answer the email we sent if camp is opening. I don't feel like paying a few thousand dollars until I see a letter from the county that they let camp open anyone hear anything?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 1:48 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Any updates with sleep away camps? My boys sleep away camp in Parksville just sent out an email they want half of camp paid by this Thursday and the balance by June 10. They won't answer the email we sent if camp is opening. I don't feel like paying a few thousand dollars until I see a letter from the county that they let camp open anyone hear anything?

Wow, that’s some nerve to ask for more money now when they have no idea whether camp will happen or not. I would definitely not give any money at this point. By June 10th they should know one way or another so that makes more sense but this week... I wouldn’t give them a penny.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 1:48 pm
HASC has a Zoom meeting for the counselors today. I can't imagine they they know anything yet, but if they share anything which they release for for public knowledge, I will update.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 1:50 pm
Wow, that’s some nerve to ask for more money now when they have no idea whether camp will happen or not. I would definitely not give any money at this point. By June 10th they should know one way or another so that makes more sense but this week... I wouldn’t give them a penny.

I thought so too!!!!!This is after they told us we had to buy insurance two days into quarentine!!

Amarante

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 2:07 pm
I wonder what insurance rates would be if sleep away camps reopen this summer. In normal times, camps need to carry good liability insurance because of potential liability if campers are injured but there could be potential high liability.

Would they make parents sign waivers of liability for Corona infections including complications?

cnc

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 2:13 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
HASC has a Zoom meeting for the counselors today. I can't imagine they they know anything yet, but if they share anything which they release for for public knowledge, I will update.

Didn’t HASC send out a letter a few weeks ago that they’re not opening?

amother
Oak

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 2:32 pm
ra_mom wrote:
All the pediatrician threads on imamother in the dozen years I've been on here... I've never heard of him or seen him recommended here. Never heard of him in real life, in all my years in Brooklyn. And now I don't stop getting "messages" from him to the community. I still don't know who he is. Not so interested in his rantings.

Exactly my thoughts! And shouldn't we all ask our own pediatricians? Since when did he become the spokesperson for all doctors. Just like we have ask your local orthodox rabbi, you should ask your local doctor.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 2:38 pm
cnc wrote:
Didn’t HASC send out a letter a few weeks ago that they’re not opening?

Considering that their population age range is all over the map (there’s no age limit for their campers), I honestly don’t think there’s any way they can open.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 2:47 pm
Per my daughter,
HASC said that no decisions have been made yet and they do not know what will be, but they opened the pools and have started maintenance/construction on pathways.
It is not a done decision either way.

I would be interested to hear from people who got those supposed letters, not just hearsay and speculation.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics