Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Where to buy legit N95 masks in Brooklyn?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
White

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 6:58 am
As soon as the shortage is over, it will be fine for people to wear N95s for no reason, though I don't know why anyone would choose it over staying home.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 7:09 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I think it’s not allowed to use the hospital n95 if you are not a hospital worker. The other masks are good enough for everyone else. You only need the mask not to infect others if you are sick. The regular mask is good enough to protect you. If a policeman or a guard will see you with the official n95 he might tell you something

It is definitely allowed. It’s seriously scaring me how people are beginning to think. We live in a democracy!! Not a dictatorship!! For the record, my husband sells N95s and brought home some boxes for me, maybe when I wear them I should get arrested for doing something illegal?

amother
White

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 7:20 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
It is definitely allowed. It’s seriously scaring me how people are beginning to think. We live in a democracy!! Not a dictatorship!! For the record, my husband sells N95s and brought home some boxes for me, maybe when I wear them I should get arrested for doing something illegal?

What does it being a democracy have to do with anything? We have to follow all kinds of rules that the government makes for public safety and other reasons. It's illegal to sell a children's book that was printed before 1985; does that make us a dictatorship?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:36 pm
I didn't expect this to turn this way. Anyway, where are all these people getting N95 masks and where can I buy them? I don't want the kn95.

Of course health care workers are more important than for us- and they need the masks first.
It looks like everyone is getting them even if they don't work for health care, so I'm assuming there isn't a shortage now? Please post links to legit N95 masks or where in Brooklyn or nearby, I can buy them?

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:41 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I think it’s not allowed to use the hospital n95 if you are not a hospital worker. The other masks are good enough for everyone else. You only need the mask not to infect others if you are sick. The regular mask is good enough to protect you. If a policeman or a guard will see you with the official n95 he might tell you something

You're making things up.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I didn't expect this to turn this way. Anyway, where are all these people getting N95 masks and where can I buy them? I don't want the kn95.

Of course health care workers are more important than for us- and they need the masks first.
It looks like everyone is getting them even if they don't work for health care, so I'm assuming there isn't a shortage now? Please post links to legit N95 masks or where in Brooklyn or nearby, I can buy them?

There is a huge shortage for healthcare workers !! I dont know how the whole Brooklyn is walking around with them and I have no idea why they are but there is most definitely a shortage in the hospitals .

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:48 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Wow. Just when I think I've heard/seen enough ... let me explain something to you. Your healthcare workers life is kind of important because if something were to chas veshalom happen to you who do you think will take care of you and make sure you're getting better ? The health care worker !! and well if they're not around how will you be around ??
the hatzalah members life, the nurse and the drs lives are kind of important.
No a healthcare worker isnt a slave but they need to pay their bills, they need to pay taxes and they are all malachim that signed up to save peoples lives but guess what ? They didn't sign up for this current situation . They cant just quit and not put food on their table.

You sound like a eugenicist. Healthcare workers lives are not more valuable than mine. They are not more valuable than anyone's. They are providing a valuable service. That's it.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:52 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
You sound like a eugenicist. Healthcare workers lives are not more valuable than mine. They are not more valuable than anyone's. They are providing a valuable service. That's it.

Eugenicists?! Haha that's the funniest thing I've heard all day. You are selfish. You dont care about anyone elses life besides for your own. Right now a healthcare worker isnt just valuable but necessary. Who will take care of you if you gd forbid get sick ? Why on earth do you need an n95 when you're out ? Are you planning on intubating a leek or a potato perhaps when you're out? These health care workers are saving lives and risking their own. Besides , you're the one that stated that your life is more important than some random health care workers life . Next time you need a health care worker make sure to let them know that you're a selfish person that only cares about herself and not the nurse/hatzalah member/dr that's treating you .

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:55 pm
Health workers do have the choice to not work. They aren't slaves.

Not if they want to keep their jobs to feed their families.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:56 pm
Not worth getting bothered by a thread like this. Someone is obviously desperately bored.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:57 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Eugenicists?! Haha that's the funniest thing I've heard all day. You are selfish. You dont care about anyone elses life besides for your own. Right now a healthcare worker isnt just valuable but necessary. Who will take care of you if you gd forbid get sick ? Why on earth do you need an n95 when you're out ? Are you planning on intubating a leek or a potato perhaps when you're out? These health care workers are saving lives and risking their own.

Your life isn't even one tiny bit worth more than any other life. Maybe you're in ther wrong field if you believe that. If society, or your hospital administrators, believed your lives were that valuable, all healthcare workers would have PPEs.

You can get a different job if you don't like the one you have.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:58 pm

Please tell me that your line of work doesn't involve any human beings.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:58 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Not if they want to keep their jobs to feed their families.

There are other jobs.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:59 pm
Your life isn't even one tiny bit worth more than any other life. Maybe you're in ther wrong field if you believe that. If society, or your hospital administrators, believed your lives were that valuable, all healthcare workers would have PPEs.

You can get a different job if you don't like the one you have.

You're a hypocrite because you said your life is more important than a random hospital workers life . That's the argument here . You said you're life is more important when I'm trying to explain to you that that is the most selfish thing I have ever heard .

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 3:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Instead of "assuming", find out.
I mean you obviously don't believe me. So do your own research. You'll find out very quickly, that YES, there are shortages, so all the "everyone's" around you shouldn't be buying up the stock, because the Healthcare workers NEED it more than them and you.

Why do you need the N95?
As another poster asked, are you planning to intubate someone in the supermarket?

(If you are an Essential worker, then th a task a different story, but I don't think that's the case..)

giselle

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 3:02 pm
This reminds me of a story they used to tell us in school. A woman was very poor and someone gave her an egg. Instead of splitting it between her kids, she ate it herself, because she knew her kids need a mother and if she’s gone they’d be worse off. It’s not a matter of whose life is more valuable, but if we don’t make sure our healthcare workers are taken care of, then there will be no one to care for us.

Last edited by giselle on Mon, Apr 20 2020, 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 3:03 pm
Sapphire,
You never told us what you do, how you serve Hashem, making the world a better place.
I would love some recommendations for a new career.
I hope to Hashem that you are not a teacher, not only would I not want you to mechanech my DDs, but if CVS there was an incident, I have no doubt that you would prioritize your safety over that of the children.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 3:04 pm

Again, Healthcare workers lives Aren't more important than yours, but their need for n95 masks ARE. Because without those masks they can contract the disease and be unable to help YOU.
Whats gonna happen of you don't have the mask, you'll have to stay home? Oh well, do that.

If you buy out all those masks, they won't be able to provide that "valuable " service.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 3:05 pm
They are using them to keep themselves safe. My life is more important to me than some random hospital worker.

This is the most selfish thing I have ever read on imamother . Sad

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 3:06 pm
I'm not sure where to buy one but unless you've done a fit test and know what size you wear and how to properly wear one an N95 mask is pointless. There are tons of other masks and even a video done by the CDC on how to make a homemade mask. The recommendation to wear a mask is so that people are limiting other people's exposure to their germs, they're not designed to filter anything out but to keep your germs to yourself to not put other people at risk.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics