Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Monsey - any schools offering extra meals for others?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 7:49 am
So my kid's school offered to add extra meals for neighbors not receiving from other schools - they would send extra but not add stops. Problem is the food is kind of yuck. I hear that other (chassidish) schools are delivering delicious food. As a work from home mom it would be a huge help not to make lunch! I have neighbors in pretty much every school in Monsey and wondering if any other schools offer extra portions for others as well, in which case I want to "switch schools"?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 8:04 am
I am getting from Bnos Derech Yisroel even though my kids are in a boys school. But my SIL who has a kid in the school arranged it for me and it gets delivered to her house and we pick it up from her every day.

The meals are not delish . But decent that my kids eat it and it’s been a huge headache off my head. We’ve been doing this since before Pesach.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 11:48 am
Is there any other yeshiva who is doing it or any organization that is doing it?
I got from my boys yeshiva but it is not enough.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 11:53 am
I saw this somewhere today:

Vein is offering free lunches (through the State and with delivery to our neighborhood) for all school age kids not already getting free lunch from their school. Text (845) 675-8445 to sign up or for more info.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 12:47 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:

Vein is offering free lunches (through the State and with delivery to our neighborhood) for all school age kids not already getting free lunch from their school. Text (845) 675-8445 to sign up or for more info.

Boys vein or girls? I send to boy school and didn't hear about it

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 11:04 am
I texted vien. Thanks for the info. Any idea when this program is supposed to begin?

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 3:12 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:

They had this since before Pesach. Food is pretty good.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 3:23 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Boys vein or girls? I send to boy school and didn't hear about it

Vien boys cheder was providing suppers for its own students' families. I'm not sure when they will resume but we haven't gotten since Pesach. I also don't know if they were giving for non-students.

Vien girls school has their lunches provided by a separate company. This company packs and distributes the lunches for a number of small schools, and provides this service now even for those who aren't parents of their school. The number posted above is this "lunch company."

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 3:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I texted vien. Thanks for the info. Any idea when this program is supposed to begin?

The number above is for whatsapp. They've been providing lunches since day 2 or 3 of schools closing. I don't think they send Sunday but otherwise we get Monday-Friday for school-age kids. It may take a day or two from when you send the info until you get from them.

amother
White

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 4:19 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
The number above is for whatsapp. They've been providing lunches since day 2 or 3 of schools closing. I don't think they send Sunday but otherwise we get Monday-Friday for school-age kids. It may take a day or two from when you send the info until you get from them.

Do they deliver it to you as well? Or do you have to pick it up?

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 4:20 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Do they deliver it to you as well? Or do you have to pick it up?

Delivery every late morning

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 4:21 pm
I emailed them today. What kind of lunches so they send? (Not worth it if my kids won't touch it)

silverlining3

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 6:18 pm
I get from Vien girls. I think it's pretty good food. This week was once potato knishes, once pancakes, once lasagna, once small container tuna with a roll, ready tuna sandwich another day, once pizza bagel.... Along comes corn, leben, cucumber, tomatoes, banana, orange, apple. Every day diff few things in the package. Then every other day milk or chocolate milk. And I think every day a snack as well.

silverlining3

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 6:31 pm
And you can request a package for parents too

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 6:36 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
I get from Vien girls. I think it's pretty good food. This week was once potato knishes, once pancakes, once lasagna, once small container tuna with a roll, ready tuna sandwich another day, once pizza bagel.... Along comes corn, leben, cucumber, tomatoes, banana, orange, apple. Every day diff few things in the package. Then every other day milk or chocolate milk. And I think every day a snack as well.

Those pancakes are seriously delicious! We warm them up on a Betty Crocker and Drunken Smile

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 6:51 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
And you can request a package for parents too

I thought it's just for kids. Can you get for the parents if you don't send to Vien?

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 6:57 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I thought it's just for kids. Can you get for the parents if you don't send to Vien?

We were told it's only for students who are enrolled in the district but aren't receiving lunches from anywhere else. You can tell them x amount of kids plus two parents, and let them decide.

silverlining3

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 6:58 pm
Those pancakes are seriously delicious! We warm them up on a Betty Crocker and Drunken Smile

U bet I know. I sometimes add small square dairy choc for diff taste. Melts when warm up. Yum

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 6:59 pm
We were told it's only for students who are enrolled in the district but aren't receiving lunches from anywhere else. You can tell them x amount of kids plus two parents, and let them decide.

I already get the lunches but I didn't know I can request food for the parents

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 7:06 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
U bet I know. I sometimes add small square dairy choc for diff taste. Melts when warm up. Yum
OMG we do the same! Plenty of leftover milk chocolate from pesach.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics