Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Did Florida's Rabbis lift their ban for non residents
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

HelloG

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 8:32 pm
they're probably not going to Miami, likely Orlando. I think they need to be isolated for two week but they prefer to be isolated in the sun and pool in a Villa
just what I heard...

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 9:03 pm
Some ppl live in tiny apt. With many kids.. I understand why they would just wanna get up and go away to have a change. Its not about vacation. Its about having a private house with a pool and the warmth so that kids have some freedom and some space. Ive heard of ppl that went. Drove down and got all food in ny.. So no grocery shopping in the near future.. Whatever.. May Hashem protect everyone..

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 9:14 pm
Amother pearl. I understand exactly *why* someone would do it. I wish I was there too! But that doesnt take away from the fact that
Youre setting a terrible example
You have poor coping mechanisms
Its bad chinuch for your children to see you ignoring the warning signs and just doing as you please

asmileaday

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 9:18 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Some ppl live in tiny apt. With many kids.. I understand why they would just wanna get up and go away to have a change. Its not about vacation. Its about having a private house with a pool and the warmth so that kids have some freedom and some space. Ive heard of ppl that went. Drove down and got all food in ny.. So no grocery shopping in the near future.. Whatever.. May Hashem protect everyone..

Happens to be the people that I know that went are not living in tiny cramped apartments. I suspect it's more the timing- kids aren't in school, husbands not working, cheap tickets etc...

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 9:23 pm
I live in S.Fl.
No - the rabbis did not lift the ban
Groceries continued serving ALL, they did not ban anyone from buying groceries
The only problem ppl will have is Mikvah and some are allowing the person to be the last person in
I have no problem with anyone coming
BUT- if you get sick please don’t use our medical resources, I.e. hospitals. Which are limited even for our own residents.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 10:28 pm
Yes. In life things happen, not wishing bad on anyone but if a kid trips and needs stitches or a broken leg or anything it’s taking medical resources that are vitally needed now.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 11:55 pm
I heard people are driving to Orlando

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 12:02 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I know some people who went. They think because they are rich they don’t have to follow the rules.

Ha! Now is the most cost effective time to go.
Tickets below $20 and villas at half price.
The person I know who went has self quarantined since forever due to her child's condition. The apartment she's in is awful for the child's condition and I fargin her all the sunshine she's getting.
Shes quarantining on her own in a villa.
She had to report where she's staying and was given notice that she may be fined and imprisoned if she violates the quarantine.
She is planning to stay put, believe me.
I don't believe she is bringing anything to FL any more than the airwaves are.

TzipporahN

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 12:20 am
Just because some of these people already had COVID doesn't mean they're immune. See the CDC and WHO advisories.

mom2mysouls

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 12:26 am
I have a friend who went by car. Her entire family was in strict quarantine for six full weeks, and they were losing it already. She rents a house there and has a private pool. She doesnt go out there either. Just for the pool, great weather, and to get away from home.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 12:37 am
mom2mysouls wrote:
I have a friend who went by car. Her entire family was in strict quarantine for six full weeks, and they were losing it already. She rents a house there and has a private pool. She doesnt go out there either. Just for the pool, great weather, and to get away from home.

How do they buy food and essentials if they don’t go out?

mom2mysouls

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 12:43 am
I didnt ask her. But Im assuming she took most essentials and groceries are maybe delivered or husband picks up. Idk..
SHE is not going out with the kids, besides in her backyard/pool.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 6:05 am
mom2mysouls wrote:
I didnt ask her. But Im assuming she took most essentials and groceries are maybe delivered or husband picks up. Idk..
SHE is not going out with the kids, besides in her backyard/pool.

If her husband goes out for food, then he's violating quarantine.

mom2mysouls

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 6:16 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:

I dont know what the rules are over there, but in NY, ppl are supposed to stay home and go out for groceries and necessities only.

I personally dont know one person, with young children at home, that stayed in for six weeks straight, with absolutely no fresh air. (I do know many older people that still are, including my parents)

Again, what my friend is doing, IDK.
She herself is terrified of going out.
Im just relaying that she drove to Florida by car...

watergirl

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 6:38 am
mom2mysouls wrote:

The thing is, everyone is “losing it already”. And we all have to deal with it. What makes her so special that she thinks she can pick up and go to a place that specifically said no?

This magiah li is what is keeping everyone else inside even longer.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 6:39 am

Theres always Amazon and most groceries offer delivery...

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 6:47 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:

Don’t you think we all need a vacation with a beach and our own private pool!? I know I certainly do. But we are in lockdown so I endure. Future lockdowns will get harsher and for longer periods because of the selfish few who just can’t help themselves. Can't Believe It

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 6:52 am
It's not about what the "rules" are. If someone is going out to get groceries, they're not in quarantine, even if they're socially isolating. Quarantine is no contact whatsoever. Like where I live, if anyone traveled, they need to quarantine for 14 days. No grocery, no going outside their property, no contact with others not in quarantine. So if someone is going shopping for essentials, they are not in quarantine, they are still coming in close contact with others and can still be carrying it.

Then when they leave the state, they can carry it to wherever they're going. If they drove down from NY, I don't know how it's possible they didn't stop for gas along the way (generally a 20+hour drive non-stop). And unless they had packed every single item of food they expect to consume floor however long they're in Florida, they're probably going to stores for food, putting others in danger.

And let's be real: the type of person that would go to Florida right now with their whole family is probably not the type that was strictly abiding by social isolation rules until now.

(This post isn't directed at you as I know you're just reporting, not condoning.)

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 7:07 am
I don't understand how so many people in this thread know people going to Florida. It's almost May and everyone's kids are in some kind of at home school program. How does a family just pick up and decide to go to Florida?

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 7:11 am

I don’t think the quarantine rules apply anymore. The governor gave that directive for the weeks of pesach. the check points on the highways were dismantled.

Why are we so quick to assume and jump and say people are violating laws? I know so many people who drove down and none of them were stopped. No one told them they have to quarantine.

Also Orlando community is opening up two new restaurants this week to accommodate all the New Yorkers coming down. So obviously they decided they need their money more than New Yorkers quarantine.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics