Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
9m pulling ear for 6 weeks

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 12:49 am
I gave garlic drops. (just finished 2nd bottle)
It started with a low grade fever but I think that's petered out since.
I tried ear abx. I tried oral abx.

I cannot get to a normal Dr!!! I went to the clinic twice. I saw PA once. Going to see a diff PA later this week.

Nothing is helping. It's getting worse the past few days (as we finish up the oral abx)
Wakes up in pain tugging ears. Can't sleep but otherwise happy, eating, friendly

Anyone???

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 1:55 am
My 10 mo old has been doing this since December. 4 ear infections, twice abx. I think it means teeth are coming in. I gave motrin for a few days last week and it seems to have resolved on its own.
Most ear infections do heal without abx. I wouldn't have done it this way but because of the back to back ear infections in December, the dr told me to hold off on giving more abx and see what happens.
I gently take her hand off her ear and massage around her ear and it seems to help.

Goldie613

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 2:03 am
A few thoughts...maybe one of these will help you...

Any chance your little one is teething?

I don't know if they"ll give it to someone that young, but there used to be a medication (drops) for earaches that could be given for pain. It wouldn't treat the problem, but at least the kid was more comfortable until the issue went away or the antibiotics did the trick. Sorry - I don't remember the name of it. Maybe someone else on here does?

BTW, any chance your little one got water in his/her ears? From bath time, hair washing, etc.? That can cause ear pain and infection (known as "swimmer's ear"). They make ear drops to put in the kid's ear to help dry out the water. It could also explain why it's worse in the middle of the night, if bathtime is right before bedtime.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics