Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Boca Raton, Florida
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:24 am
If it bothers you I am asking about Florida then kindly skip this thread since you have no idea of my circumstances.
A couple questions:
1. Has anyone flown there recently and can tell me about the flights during these times? What about driving?
2. Are there still restrictions there....and what are they? Can you go shopping in the stores, mikvah, etc

Thanks.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:27 am
Afew of my friends and relatives drove down. They rented a house and they're not going anywhere.
There are no restrictions in the stores, they're happy with the extra business. I know people that are in Orlando, Miami, Hollywood, West Palm Beach and they're all shopping at the stores no problem. No stores are asking for ID.
Many many people are driving down to Florida now.
You stay in the house, there's nowhere to go anyways. I would not fly, the flights are cramped. Ny friend paid $96 a ticket.
I'd do it if not for DH work schedule.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:29 am
Stay near the young isreal of Boca a nice friendly shul
Supermarkets sell kosher food

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:39 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Stay near the young isreal of Boca a nice friendly shul
Supermarkets sell kosher food

Thanks. I know the community I was there many many times.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:40 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Afew of my friends and relatives drove down. They rented a house and they're not going anywhere.
There are no restrictions in the stores, they're happy with the extra business. I know people that are in Orlando, Miami, Hollywood, West Palm Beach and they're all shopping at the stores no problem. No stores are asking for ID.
Many many people are driving down to Florida now.
You stay in the house, there's nowhere to go anyways. I would not fly, the flights are cramped. Ny friend paid $96 a ticket.
I'd do it if not for DH work schedule.

Thank you.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:35 am
Everything is still closed in Miami/Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties even though the rest of the state has “opened up.” Only things open are food stores and other essential services such as gas stations, drug stores, some bank branches but not others. Costco, Target, Walmart open. Restaurants take out only.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:44 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Everything is still closed in Miami/Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties even though the rest of the state has “opened up.” Only things open are food stores and other essential services such as gas stations, drug stores, some bank branches but not others. Costco, Target, Walmart open. Restaurants take out only.

Cerulean is quite correct.

I also don't know if mikvahs are still barring NYers, but a lot of beaches in other parts of the state are opening up, so that would probably be your mikvah option, OP.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:49 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Cerulean is quite correct.

I also don't know if mikvahs are still barring NYers, but a lot of beaches in other parts of the state are opening up, so that would probably be your mikvah option, OP.

I know of 3 people that used mikva's in Florida recently. Maybe 2-3 mikva's didn't take non residents, by now I think most are taking.
Maybe call before to make sure.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:08 pm
I know of 3 people that used mikva's in Florida recently. Maybe 2-3 mikva's didn't take non residents, by now I think most are taking.
Maybe call before to make sure.

Thank you. This is very helpful. Did anyone fly and know how that went?

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:12 pm
The ignorance and selfishness is unbelievable.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you. This is very helpful. Did anyone fly and know how that went?

One of my friends flew with 4 kids. She paid $96 a ticket. The plane was cramped and not everyone was wearing a mask. She regretted it.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:17 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:

No it's not.
Road trips and travel were never banned.
Many people own homes in Florida, they're entitled to go.
There are people traveling from Miami to NY as well.
The catskills is loaded with people.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:21 pm

I asked to skip over the thread if you have nothing nice to say. just because you decided not to go anywhere doesn't mean everybody else has to not go anywhere. How do you know that I don't have a very specific reason for going? How would you know if I don't own a home there? How do you know if my business is there? Maybe I need specific medical
care. The reason for my going is none of your business. I asked the question I'm allowed to get answers without being bashed. You have no clue, so keep your comments to yourself.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:21 pm
One of my friends flew with 4 kids. She paid $96 a ticket. The plane was cramped and not everyone was wearing a mask. She regretted it.

Thanks.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I asked to skip over the thread if you have nothing nice to say. just because you decided not to go anywhere doesn't mean everybody else has to not go anywhere. How do you know that I don't have a very specific reason for going? How would you know if I don't own a home there? How do you know if my business is there? Maybe I need specific medical
care. The reason for my going is none of your business. I asked the question I'm allowed to get answers without being bashed. You have no clue, so keep your comments to yourself.

You don't need to excuse yourself, just ignore the post.
It is perfectly legal to travel now.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 1:52 pm
You don't need to excuse yourself, just ignore the post.
It is perfectly legal to travel now.

Thanks

amother
Peach

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:01 pm
I’m scheduled to fly on Sunday from NY to Florida. My sister flew last week. She had a very pleasant ride. And I know a few other ppl that flew this week and everything went fine.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:05 pm

Everyone thinks their situation is the exception and they can fly and go wherever they want while everyone else is quarantined at home . They have it harder than the sickly alone patient in the icu and they have it harder than the people sitting Shiva all alone . Banging head

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:09 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Everyone thinks their situation is the exception and they can fly and go wherever they want while everyone else is quarantined at home . They have it harder than the sickly alone patient in the icu and they have it harder than the people sitting Shiva all alone . Banging head

You are allowed to travel now! It was never banned! They're not doing anything illegal or selfish.
Travel was never banned.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:09 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I’m scheduled to fly on Sunday from NY to Florida. My sister flew last week. She had a very pleasant ride. And I know a few other ppl that flew this week and everything went fine.

You were still able to get cheap tickets?
Page 1 of 10   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics