Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Boca Raton, Florida
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

notshanarishona

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:00 pm
Lets say I would post I want to steal something but please no judgement people would still tell me off. To say I want to do something selfish that might kill others but please dont tell me not to is absurd. I believe that Yael has already written that people should not be posting about how they are breaking the rules.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:06 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Pool
big backyard
Big house
Grass!!!!

The weather also starts getting really disgusting hot soon.
You can get way cheaper rentals outside of Miami.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:07 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Some airlines are strict with social distancing now.

Which?
I’ve actually read that many ppl are surprised that they are not.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:51 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Pool
big backyard
Big house
Grass!!!!

Florida is far from the only place that has all that.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:02 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Florida is far from the only place that has all that.

So you are implying she should go anywhere else? It's just the fact that its Florida that's bothering you?

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:05 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Lets say I would post I want to steal something but please no judgement people would still tell me off. To say I want to do something selfish that might kill others but please dont tell me not to is absurd. I believe that Yael has already written that people should not be posting about how they are breaking the rules.

Going to Florida and quarantining there will not kill others.
If the CDC or the governor of Florida would have thought this is an issue, they would've said something.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:07 pm
Seems like there’s picking and choosing going on:
People were upset that not everyone was wearing masks on planes but they were coming down to Florida when the leaders of those communities begged them not to?
What am I missing?

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:08 pm
notshanarishona wrote:

It's a really great comparison. I could sit here posting how you can be dlz in such a situation but something tells me you're not interested. And the Halacha is to not waste breath on someone who's not interested, so even if the op is 100 percent wrong (and as long as you're a living person you won't know for sure, which is why when we say bde we're literally not talking about you, sorry) you still shouldn't waste your time with nonsensical gimmicky kvetchery as dramatic as it sounds.
Ps I can think of many reasons a family may relocate from nyc to fla and it can be 100 percent legal too. But that's not why you're posting, is it?

amother
Amber

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:09 pm
Also, on the list of what advantages Florida has, besides pools and grass, you forgot one:
OLD PEOPLE

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:12 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Seems like there’s picking and choosing going on:
People were upset that not everyone was wearing masks on planes but they were coming down to Florida when the leaders of those communities begged them not to?
What am I missing?

Which leaders?
People will go as long as it's not banned by the government.
Masses of non jews escaped New York as well.
It can be done in a perfectly safe way.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:19 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Which leaders?
People will go as long as it's not banned by the government.
Masses of non jews escaped New York as well.
It can be done in a perfectly safe way.

Basically all the rabbanim in Florida. I guess the rabbanim have no right to issue a psak. Better give them a call and let them know.

flowerpower

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:24 pm
notshanarishona wrote:

I see you’re losing sleep over this. I learnt something in life that goes as follows- I can’t control the world but I can work on controlling myself. So with that thought in mind my blood pressure stays where is should be.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:25 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Basically all the rabbanim in Florida. I guess the rabbanim have no right to issue a psak. Better give them a call and let them know.

There was a psak for pesach gathering. Im not sure it was perpetual

amother
Amber

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:29 pm
Which leaders DIDN’T?
Government (state and local), Rabbonim (of every stripe), Hatzala, dozens of medical professionals, chevra kadisha...
Have I missed anyone?

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:30 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:

I didn't hear about this.
And probably so haven't many people that went.
Is it still in effect?

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:33 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Which leaders DIDN’T?
Government (state and local), Rabbonim (of every stripe), Hatzala, dozens of medical professionals, chevra kadisha...
Have I missed anyone?

Which government??? In the beginning, the governor in Florida said that whoever comes needs to quarantine for 14 days. They never said not to come.
And the quarantine was lifted in some cities already.
So many people are traveling now, it doesn't seem like they have an issue with it. I didn't hear about any travel bans.
The only time hatzola asked not to travel was before pesach and that you shouldn't travel to family. They didn't say anything about taking out a home and staying there yourself.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:35 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
There was a psak for pesach gathering. Im not sure it was perpetual

They specified pesach because it was right before pesach and that's a time that tens of thousands of people go to Florida. Anyone can recognize that as long as it's still a time of sakana, which it undoubtedly is right now, this is still applicable. The vast majority of rabbanim, frum doctors, and hatzalah in Florida signed this.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:39 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
They specified pesach because it was right before pesach and that's a time that tens of thousands of people go to Florida. Anyone can recognize that as long as it's still a time of sakana, which it undoubtedly is right now, this is still applicable. The vast majority of rabbanim, frum doctors, and hatzalah in Florida signed this.

So why wasn't this publicized in NY/NJ??
If they want people to know about it, it needs to be publicized. I did not see it on any of the Jewish news Instagram accounts or publicized anywhere else.
Why are jews that live in Florida renting out vacation homes?
And if someone owns a house in Florida and pays taxes to Florida, they are a resident and technically can't be told not to go.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:43 pm
Noooo. Please no. Now is not the time to travel unless it is a dire emergency. Stay in place. I live in Boca and besides going to the grocery store people aren’t going anywhere. Shuls are closed and we were told by our Rabbi’s to report the authorities if anyone came for the holidays or other times from Elsewhere if they aren’t quarantining. I have not heard anything is different now. When shuls do open it will be men only and different minyons etc to space people out. key West for example opened it beaches but only for its residents. This is not time to travel for fun.

Last edited by amother on Tue, May 05 2020, 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:44 pm
flmommy wrote:
Noooo. Please no. Now is not the time to travel unless it is a dire emergency. Stay in place.

This is not for you to say.
Page 4 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics