Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Missing tablet
1  2  3  Next

miami85

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:47 am
We've been missing one of our tablets since before pesach--since lockdown started. We've searched everywhere we can think of, and it makes no sense. I know that this is not a typical tehillim request but it would enhance our overall shalom bayis if it turned up. Please daven for us.

happy chick

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:59 am
Try giving tzedaka (any amount) and say אלקא דרבי מאיר בעל הנס, הנני.
My mother is a very big believer and has found countless missing things in his zechus.
Good luck!

Success10

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:02 am
Maybe one of the kids fell asleep with it, and it fell behind bed, under bed, under mattress.... also, we often find a lot of missing things in the candy cabinet, kids put down whatever they're holding to grab candy and forget it there....

dankbar

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 11:33 am
Maybe it was stolen by a worker in your home, cleaning lady? Left in car?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:33 pm
http://www.shemayisrael.com/or.....r.htm

The most important part is to have in mind that Hashem knows where it is and only He can open your eyes to where it might be.

miami85

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:55 pm
Yes, I know I've said it, I've given tzedaka to RMB"Hn, I've davened for it every Friday night, we haven't had a cleaning lady. It was a day that we were very busy cleaning, didn't go anywhere, and no one recalls what happened to it. We've searched everywhere we can "think of" and it hasn't turned up. It's a big mystery.

Frumme

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 1:01 pm
happy chick wrote:
Try giving tzedaka (any amount) and say אלקא דרבי מאיר בעל הנס, הנני.
My mother is a very big believer and has found countless missing things in his zechus.
Good luck!

I did this once (along with turning a glass over, which the person who told me about this told me to do). I found what I was looking for... 2 years later 😂 but at least I found it!

Hope you find your tablet soon, OP.

As a side note, when I was teaching, our classroom lost a tablet as well. We found it wedged between some books/folders in a bookshelf.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 1:04 pm
Try making a list of things to thank hashem for. I once did it and found something I was looking for a long time

dankbar

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 1:33 pm
Left in office?

Success10

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 1:36 pm
miami85 wrote:
Yes, I know I've said it, I've given tzedaka to RMB"Hn, I've davened for it every Friday night, we haven't had a cleaning lady. It was a day that we were very busy cleaning, didn't go anywhere, and no one recalls what happened to it. We've searched everywhere we can "think of" and it hasn't turned up. It's a big mystery.

Maybe it's in a unique place that you only clean erev Pesach (for no reason, since no one's been there for a year and you cleaned it last year and the year before that, sigh, we're a crazy nation)

sweet

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 1:41 pm
It possibly got thrown out .

enneamom

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 1:53 pm
I've lost a few phones/tablets over the years and they never seem to turn back up. I wonder if they just get stolen. Sad

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 1:55 pm
Make a list of 10 things
Why you are thankful to Hashem that it went missing

miami85

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:07 pm
dankbar wrote:
Left in office?

No one is working out of the home

miami85

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:11 pm
enneamom wrote:
I've lost a few phones/tablets over the years and they never seem to turn back up. I wonder if they just get stolen. Sad

There was no one really in our house since it went missing. The only "plausible" thing is that somehow it got thrown out, but even that doesn't make sense.

amh

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:13 pm
We once lost my sons glasses. Very expensive glasses. We knew for a fact he last had it at home. Gave Tzedakah and said the posuk. Within the hour it was found in the side of the couch nicely folded up. Hatzlocha OP! Sounds very frustrating...

miami85

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:19 pm
amh wrote:
We once lost my sons glasses. Very expensive glasses. We knew for a fact he last had it at home. Gave Tzedakah and said the posuk. Within the hour it was found in the side of the couch nicely folded up. Hatzlocha OP! Sounds very frustrating...

I know, I've said it many times and it has worked wonders. That's why its so baffling why we can't find it. It's somewhat crippling that I can't find it b/c I'm spending so much of my "mental energy" trying to figure out what we did with it, I can't focus on other things. Certain aspects of our day-to-day life would be easier if we knew where it was.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:27 pm
miami85 wrote:
I know, I've said it many times and it has worked wonders. That's why its so baffling why we can't find it. It's somewhat crippling that I can't find it b/c I'm spending so much of my "mental energy" trying to figure out what we did with it, I can't focus on other things. Certain aspects of our day-to-day life would be easier if we knew where it was.

That happens to me sometimes, and I take it as a sign that I'm not meant to find whatever it is, and move on, whether that means getting a new one or doing without.

dankbar

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:35 pm
Left by a Dr office, left at another home, left in a park.
Any bag, shopping bag, backpack, diaper bag, in bottom of stroller

miami85

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:47 pm
dankbar wrote:
Left by a Dr office, left at another home, left in a park.
Any bag, shopping bag, backpack, diaper bag, in bottom of stroller

No, we have a "parental surveillance" app installed on it, and it was lost on a day that we were home the whole day, the next day there's no recorded activity. The irony is this tablet is typically used by a child who is generally responsible about it, but we may have let our 2 year old use it until the battery ran out, and its not in any of the "usual" spots. It's possible that the older child gave it to us and we put it down so we could charge it and we have no idea where it is, but we've searched all the regular spots and it hasn't turned up. Not even by bedikas chometz. It disappeared 3 weeks b4 pesach and it didn't turn up in any of the pesach cleaning.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed