Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Missing tablet
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:53 pm
I don’t know why
Look in the linen closet
I gave a strong feeling it’s folded into the towels

dankbar

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 3:32 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I don’t know why
Look in the linen closet
I gave a strong feeling it’s folded into the towels

I thought exact same thing between towels, linen, tablecloths

if toddler had it maybe he dumped it between his toys, threw out of window/porch.

Try to ask him if he talks

dankbar

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 3:33 pm
Is there a possibility that a child is using it secretly?

gdgirl

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 4:07 pm
Did you look in the crevices if couch and under couch? We have found multiple valuable lost items there. Also, I said a perek of tehillim for you.

Success10

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 4:17 pm
I like to think that there's this massive "Room of Requirement" on the other side with all our stuff that's gone missing over the centuries.

ddmom

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 4:55 pm
Look in the couch(in between/side of cushions)
Hatzlacha!!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 5:03 pm
It’s a blessing in disguise.

giselle

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 7:09 pm
Do you need that tablet specifically because of data or media that is already stored on there or do you just need a tablet in general? I know there are a lot of inexpensive options out there...

miami85

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 12:31 am
The battery is dead, its a Kindle so we've tried "calling" it but its not responding. Our house isn't that big that it should be missing this long. I did check the linen closet, under the couch cushions, every drawer in the 3 bedroom, around all beds, under mattresses, all closets, behind bookshelves. the basement. If it's anywhere then it's in a real "out of the box" place and I don't have a clue where to look. While my kids have been "sneaky" at times, they aren't very good at lying. I've even incentivized finding it to the point where if they knew about it they would've squealed by now. It's more that it was a brand new tablet--it's a Kindle, not expensive I know, but more that it was only a couple of months old and we DID buy another tablet for this quarantine, so kind of annoyed that this one went missing. We didn't give any clothing away, and while we did throw out a lot of garbage, I find it very hard to believe that it would've ended up in the garbage, but nothing makes sense. L'Hashem hayeshua. It's more the mental energy that this is taking up that is the problem and also we now have 2 kids that have a conflict in their zoom schedules and having that tablet would alleviate the "traffic jam".

sub

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 1:00 am
Do you have a car? Could it be there?
A toy box?
A child’s briefcase?
Top of fridge?
Under the bathroom sink?
Do you have suitcases? Could a child have put it in one?
Iknow you looked in sofa cushions, but sometimes there’s a deep section and a material in the back of the couch.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 8:20 am
Hugs. I keep opening this thread hoping for good news.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 9:59 am
We used to find the strangest things inside the kids riding toys - think things like toddler bikes with seats that lift up, cars that they can ride in with a tiny "trunk" , etc. All sorts of toys, odds and ends - even cheerios! - used to turn up in these things (it was on our chametz checking list,LOL). Same thing with toy chests, kitchen play sets (fridge, oven, cabinets) and whatever else the little ones used to hold their favorite things when they played. If there's a bag your little one uses to play school, try there too.

Do you have any boxes you closed up with chametz stuff that you haven't checked yet? Maybe a box of extra groceries, wherever you put the kids lunch bags, that sort of thing?

Does the little one like looking for things? If you show him or her a tablet that looks like it, would they bring it to you? Along the lines of bring me your shoes, let's go get your bear, etc.

Sorry you are dealing with this - it sounds very frustrating Hug

gdgirl

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:04 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Hugs. I keep opening this thread hoping for good news.

Me too! I hope you'll edit the post title soon to let us know it was found!

Simple1

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:08 am
Look through your hampers and baskets of clean laundry.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:23 am
We were missing the remote for our TV for a few days. When the kids went upstairs to put away some pesach boxes, they found it all the way in the back of the closet, BEHIND some boxes that were already there. We have absolutely no clue how it got there, the usual culprit (the 4 year old) can’t get back there.
My point is, look EVERYWHERE

Mama Bear

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:39 am
There's another no-fail segulah we use all the time called the story of R' Hershele Aliker. Have you heard of it?

avrahamama

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:48 am
Mama Bear wrote:
There's another no-fail segulah we use all the time called the story of R' Hershele Aliker. Have you heard of it?

Please share it. Is it only for lost items? Because I've lost my marbles ... But I'd like new ones anyway.

iluvy

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 12:26 pm
Does your couch have recliners that pop out? If so, there's a loose fold behind your couch. We NEVER knew about it and when we moved we found a library book in there that we had been renewing for three years 😂

amother
White

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 12:42 pm
What do you use the tablet for? How much is it?

miami85

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 4:17 pm
We found it!!! Just as it seems that this quarantine is ending, we found it! I had already replaced it Following the other "Murphy's law of missing items", but today we were doing another round of clean up in one of the bedrooms and we found it in a place we "never would have thought"!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed