Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
House swap-summer

qkfngers

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 8:48 am
I live in Brooklyn, Crown heights. I'm looking into doing a house swap within a 2 hour drive from brooklyn for a few weeks in august.
I'm looking for a quiet, rural or suburban community. must have or be very close to swimming pool and beach. I would like big open spaces, safe bike riding places, etc. Jewish life such as restaurants or stores are not that important, I have that all year-round. The home must comfortably accomodate 5 kids and 2 adults. I'm not looking to "rough-it" on vacation.

I can offer you a single-family home in crown heights. 4 bedrooms, 2 bath, air conditioners in all rooms, separate living room, dining room, play room, kitchen, very large wood deck with sun tent and hammock and BBQ. Plus private parking-anyone whose been to NY knows that's a biggy!

I did this a few years ago with a family far out in long island. they are shluchim on campus and wanted to be immersed in a frum atmosphere during the summer....and we wanted to be by ourselves and have quiet. It worked out great. No expenses, a different surroundings.

At this point I'm just getting a feeling if there is another frum family that is interested. I have been thinking about Connecticut a lot, but am willing to hear about any place with 2 hours drive.

thanks, Rivka

chanimommy

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 10:16 am
hey I live in ch and your house souds so big!! I would lve to swap my teeny place with you--especially the parking!! just kiding but lots of luck-great idea!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 11:00 am
yeah, my place is just 1200 square feet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics