Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
To all the people that love the lockdown
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:31 am
Just shut up and keep it to yourself. I'm glad you are so happy your husbands don't go to shul and are free to help. Or you organized your homes. Or you don't have to get up for a bus. Some of us had real losses. I'm sick of all the self centered people who only think of themselves.

giselle

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:34 am
I’ve had real losses, but I like quarantine.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:35 am
If you love your lockdown you can keep your lockdown and stay locked in forever!

giselle

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:42 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
If you love your lockdown you can keep your lockdown and stay locked in forever!

Ok then.

sub

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:48 am
Hugs to you op Hug Hug Hug

It is hard. Very hard. Bezh may you be bentched with an abundance if parnassah.

I think people are just trying to be positive.

Dandelion1

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just shut up and keep it to yourself. I'm glad you are so happy your husbands don't go to shul and are free to help. Or you organized your homes. Or you don't have to get up for a bus. Some of us had real losses. I'm sick of all the self centered people who only think of themselves.

You do realize that two things can be true at the same time, right? The human brain IS capable of that.

For example, I can be heartbroken about the illness and death, the fact that I cannot see my parents, the fact that my children cannot play with their friends, the fact that people's parnassah is suffering terribly,

AND,

enjoy being home with my husband and kids and not having to get up on time.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

are your reading threads here? or are people engaging you personally about this?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:52 am
I don't love the lock down, but am doing it to save lives. I am feeling the negative effects but I know it's the right thing to do. I want to protect my father, my grandmother, expecting family members...

One child now has severe anxiety from the quarantine. And there's more that I don't want to reveal here.

We have to quarantine even if we don't want to.

israelmama

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:52 am
No one likes reason for lockdown. Before corona, I was always out and now I’m learning to appreciate being home. It’s not self centered to say you are appreciating something in your life. When life throws you lemons make lemonade. No one is saying they love that everyone is dying so they can stay home...

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I am really sorry for your losses and all losses of klal Yisrael and the world. It's painful to hear and most of us are davening and saying extra tillim for all those that suffered and stayed alone from this terrible Covid.
Please keep in mind though that we are still In lockdown and many people are losing it and if they hear from others that are still managing and share the reasons what they are liking from this time might just give them renewed energy to find things to look at the Brite side instead of totally giving up. Reading that one is enjoying lockdown for people who lost loved ones is the same a woman thats unfortunately infertile reading about babies and child rearing and for people that are so poor that can't put food on the table to read about complaints on cleaning help and no summer camp.
I'm davening for all that had losses to have strength in this trying time and able to deal with life struggles that come along with this bhard beyond our imagination nisayon.

momomany

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 10:33 am
Its not selfish to enjoy being home with husband and kids... it is insensitive to share that with those who may not be blessed with a good relationship, easy children and funancial security. It is super selfish to hate the lockdown so much that you violate SD guidelines thereby endangering others' health

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 10:34 am
momomany wrote:
Its not selfish to enjoy being home with husband and kids... it is insensitive to share that with those who may not be blessed with a good relationship, easy children and funancial security. It is super selfish to hate the lockdown so much that you violate SD guidelines thereby endangering others' health

well said.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 10:37 am
What sub said.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 10:42 am
I don't know why it is not ok to like the lockdown. I have a miserable miserable life and for various reasons the lockdown improved my day to day and I am dreading a re-opening. I wish this wouldn't have happened bec. of the losses. However, why can't I still be happier with my life under lockdown. OP, sorry if this triggered you.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 10:52 am
Honey,
there is a little button that you can press to make all that magically disappear.

It’s called the the off button on your phone.
No one is forcing you to read any thread.
And I’m assuming since we are quarantined, no one is coming to your house to shove it in your face.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 10:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You sound very insensitive yourself. You start with shut up. What about all the people who love to go out and talk about it. Are they allowed to or they are also not allowed because you forbid them.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 11:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Someone is bitter.
People can have real losses and still appreciate aspects of the lockdown. And in general seeing the positive and sharing it is a good coping strategy, so there's no reason people should avoid it. Do you avoid talking about your cleaning lady or tough pregnancy in public? Because some people are drowning but can't afford help, and some people have repeated losses and it really hurts thrm when you talk about your pregnancy and how it's so hard and it wasn't even planned.
Live, let live, and scroll down if it's hard for you to read about other people's reactions to lockdown.

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 1:10 pm
FWIW the people I know who say “it’s not THAT bad” are those who aren’t actually keeping the rules/laws properly.
They’re still visiting their parents or siblings.
Or they hang out with the neighbors and don’t keep SD.
They have their cleaning lady or their husbands are home 24-7 but still working so there isn’t money loss.
Their kids are young so no crazy school phone sessions or they have half hr of zoom a day and that's that.
Or they’ve traveled to Florida or upstate etc so it’s a party.

You get where I’m going.
I feel your pain but yeah life’s always gonna have the boasters and the haters.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 1:14 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
FWIW the people I know who say “it’s not THAT bad” are those who aren’t actually keeping the rules/laws properly.
They have their cleaning lady or their husbands are home 24-7 but still working so there isn’t money loss.
Their kids are young so no crazy school phone sessions or they have half hr of zoom a day and that's that.

You get where I’m going.

Don't make yourself feel better by assuming anyone doing okay is violating lockdown.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 1:17 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:

You get where I’m going.

No not me. I barely leave my house, and when I do it's just for a quick grocery run. I get everything else delivered. I haven't seen my parents or siblings since beginning of March.
No cleaning lady, and my husband is a student.
Yes, my kids are young, which means they need 24/7 entertainment and cleaning up.
Not in FL or upstate.

Got anything else for me to debunk?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics