Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood high school - chassidish. Need recommendations
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 7:12 am
We are thinking of moving to Lakewood area. & Need your Lakewood ladies help Smile
Please advise the recommended high schools for chassidish girls.

We are not Satmar ...
if you have info and recommendations that would be a huge help for me
greatly appreciated .

lucite

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 8:33 am
Ateres Nechama ( Bnos Bina high school)
Bais Leah ( Bais Rochel high School)
Satmar and Belz should be opening a high school for next year

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 8:38 am
Please please please a million times please, do not move till your kids are placed in schools!! It is hell getting into schools in Lakewood! Please!
Are you moving from Williamsburg or BP? Ateres Nechama and Bais Leah will be a huge culture shock for a Williamsburg girl or from a real chassidish BP school.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 10:02 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Please please please a million times please, do not move till your kids are placed in schools!! It is hell getting into schools in Lakewood! Please!
Are you moving from Williamsburg or BP? Ateres Nechama and Bais Leah will be a huge culture shock for a Williamsburg girl or from a real chassidish BP school.

Im curious why you would say that?
Isn't Ateres Nechama very chassidish?
Where do girls from say, Bnos Penina go to for high school?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 10:08 pm
Op here
I greatly appreciate your responses
I’m definitely aware that I can not to move before the kids are placed .
I’m coming from a regular chassidish school and I would like to send to a school where my kids will feel comfy .
Being that she is older and adjustment can be tougher

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 10:22 pm
Which school is your dd in now? It is so much easier to figure out where she'll be comfortable based on that.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 10:23 pm
There's no such thing as a "regular chassidish school." There's a huge difference if she's in Vien or pupa, belz or Bais Bracha.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 10:29 pm
Yes you are right - about no such thing as normal chasidish
I send to school like pupa , klausenberg, viznitz... (don’t want to give myself Away)
How is the Bnos bina high school?
Is the belz school mainly belz crowd?

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 10:32 pm
You definitely don't belong in Bais Leah then. Bnos Bina could work. It's probably a very similar crowd to Tomer Devorah high school today.

I dont know anything about Belz.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 6:18 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Im curious why you would say that?
Isn't Ateres Nechama very chassidish?
Where do girls from say, Bnos Penina go to for high school?

Ateres Nechama and Bais Leah are Lakewood Chassidish, not Williamsburg chassidish. For a girl coming from Pupa or Viznits, this will be a huge culture shock. Wearing black tights in high school is almost modern for a girl that's coming from Viznits, Pupa, Klausenberg.
If she'd be coming from Vein, Bais Bracha, Gur, she'd feel more in place.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 6:24 am
belz is very chassidish but neutral if that makes sense. I know quite a few people thst send there thst are not belz. very nice warm school

groisamomma

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 6:27 am
You aren't giving OP many choices. The truth is that since Ateres Nechama is the most chassidish high school, that's where people from BP and Williamsburg are sending these days. There are plenty of them sending there so OP's DD won't stick out. If OP doesn't want to send to a non-affiliated school then that's really her only choice. Bais Leah is the same idea but less chassidish and more ritzy. If you want a more chassidish school like those in BP your best bet is Belz. I know they are opening one this year because I have cousins sending there.

In answer to Mistyrose's question, I don't know of a single girl that went from Bnos Penina to Ateres Nechama or Bais Leah. I know a family that switched their DD from Bnos Penina to Bais Rochel in 7th grade so she will get into Bais Leah.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 6:33 am
groisamomma wrote:
You aren't giving OP many choices. The truth is that since Ateres Nechama is the most chassidish high school, that's where people from BP and Williamsburg are sending these days. There are plenty of them sending there so OP's DD won't stick out. If OP doesn't want to send to a non-affiliated school then that's really her only choice. Bais Leah is the same idea but less chassidish and more ritzy. If you want a more chassidish school like those in BP your best bet is Belz. I know they are opening one this year because I have cousins sending there.

In answer to Mistyrose's question, I don't know of a single girl that went from Bnos Penina to Ateres Nechama or Bais Leah. I know a family that switched their DD from Bnos Penina to Bais Rochel in 7th grade so she will get into Bais Leah.

The other options are Satmer and Belz.
I know girls from very chassidish homes that stayed in their high school in Brooklyn and they go home for shabbos. You can't compare Bais Leah and Ateres Nechama to a typical chassidish Brooklyn school, and not everyone is ready to lower their standards. (Though I don't understand why they're moving to Lakewood in the first place.)

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 6:43 am
Ateres and Bais Leah are both chassidish, but not in the same way that schools in Boro Park are. Small examples would be that girls wear whatever stockings are worn at home, their performances are in English etc. These are not major, but can feel different to people from Brooklyn.

Both schools are weary of taking in too many Brooklyn girls as it changes things for their current crowd. Therefore, they end up going to either one (whoever will take them in....) but in either one they need to be flexible.

Spoken as someone who has some firsthand experience with this...

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 6:47 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Ateres and Bais Leah are both chassidish, but not in the same way that schools in Boro Park are. Small examples would be that girls wear whatever stockings are worn at home, their performances are in English etc. These are not major, but can feel different to people from Brooklyn.

Both schools are weary of taking in too many Brooklyn girls as it changes things for their current crowd. Therefore, they end up going to either one (whoever will take them in....) but in either one they need to be flexible.

Spoken as someone who has some firsthand experience with this...

Right. This is why I said that these schools can be almost "modern" for a girl that's coming from Pupa or Viznits that only wears beige tights with seams.
They need to be ready that their daughters might decide to wear black tights because that's what their friends are wearing and that their home might become an English speaking home.
Chassidish Lakewood is different than Chassidish Brooklyn.
If OP want's very chassidish, perhaps they should look into Monsey instead.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 6:49 am
Also, it is not true that from the new Brooklyn people moving, the more chassidish ones end up in ateres. Often the opposite happened since everyone really just ends up going to wherever they are accepted.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 7:20 am
Thanks all for your replies. They are all very helpful.
Question on Ateres Nechama & bais leah -besides for Being the most chassidish- which is considered a better school? Which one has a better name? Which one is more neutral.?

cnc

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 7:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks all for your replies. They are all very helpful.
Question on Ateres Nechama & bais leah -besides for Being the most chassidish- which is considered a better school? Which one has a better name? Which one is more neutral.?

Bais Leah is like Bais Yaakov High School in BP.

(Chassidish wise)

Would probably be a huge culture shock to someone coming from a school like Vizhnitz or even Pupa .

Honestly, I have friends that moved with high school kids. Their girls ended up boarding in BP at grandparents etc...

amother
Red

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 7:24 am
It really doesn’t matter which is better
You will just be grateful if you get into any high school!

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 8:02 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
It really doesn’t matter which is better
You will just be grateful if you get into any high school!

This! Also they reare both considered good schools. It very much depends on what you are looking for.

Some people think a very strict demanding school with high standards is a good school, while others think a very warm easy going school is good.....
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries