Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood high school - chassidish. Need recommendations
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 1:14 pm
Belz is similar to Belz in Boro Park. Just maybe more neutral because many of the kids aren't from Belz families, but from regular Boro Park chassidish families. Yiddish speaking, beige tights (no seams)... They are starting with a ninth grade next year.

The regular chassidish families (who would, for example, send to Belz this year, if they'd have had a high school) send to Bnos Binah.

ETA: Another thing about Belz. They do not accept mothers who drive.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 2:20 pm
I recently heard that ateres nechama benos bina doesn't want to take anymore belz type of girls and I x know if this is true. It's a rumor. Reason is because too many boro park type girls are changing the culture that bnos bina had before. Which was chasidish Lakewood that's is very differently the new the chasidish from bp or Williamsburg.

I wouldn't not apply if I was u.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 2:23 pm
Remember the no driving for women. Think about it, I'm living here's 4 plus yrs. it's not easy but you need the support from your husband and you need to know what it's all about.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 2:25 pm
Bais Leah is litvish havara but chasidish and there's a belz girl there. She's very happy.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:48 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Bais Leah is litvish havara but chasidish and there's a belz girl there. She's very happy.

Yes, Bais Leah uses the litvish havara and many Yiddish subjects are taught by English-speaking teachers, unlike Ateres Nechama. There's more than one Belz girl in Bais Leah (the one you mention is your DD maybe?). In fact, to the poster that said Bais Leah isn't accepting Boro Park girls because its changing the school to BP chassidish, that information is incorrect. The owner accepts the highest bidder. Older Bais Rochel families are stuck sending there because it is the sister school to BR and most can't get into any other HS because of that. The environment has definitely changed, and not for the better. The more temimus'dik Lakewood chassidish girls are uncomfortable in both Bais Rochel and Bais Leah. The values have shifted noticeably.

Btw, the term "Belzer" is applied to any family moving here from BP even if they're not Belz. I guess because Belz came first but that's how they are referred to among the girls, even if they came from Tomer Devorah or Vien or anywhere else in BP.

One more thing. The Yiddish principal of Bais Leah is leaving so there will definitely be an attitude shift next year. I'm mentioning that in case you heard that parents are unhappy about the way they were treated. There's a chance that will change.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:19 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Yes, Bais Leah uses the litvish havara and many Yiddish subjects are taught by English-speaking teachers, unlike Ateres Nechama. There's more than one Belz girl in Bais Leah (the one you mention is your DD maybe?). In fact, to the poster that said Bais Leah isn't accepting Boro Park girls because its changing the school to BP chassidish, that information is incorrect. The owner accepts the highest bidder. Older Bais Rochel families are stuck sending there because it is the sister school to BR and most can't get into any other HS because of that. The environment has definitely changed, and not for the better. The more temimus'dik Lakewood chassidish girls are uncomfortable in both Bais Rochel and Bais Leah. The values have shifted noticeably.

Btw, the term "Belzer" is applied to any family moving here from BP even if they're not Belz. I guess because Belz came first but that's how they are referred to among the girls, even if they came from Tomer Devorah or Vien or anywhere else in BP.

One more thing. The Yiddish principal of Bais Leah is leaving so there will definitely be an attitude shift next year. I'm mentioning that in case you heard that parents are unhappy about the way they were treated. There's a chance that will change.

Ridiculous untruths. I'd take this whole post with a grain of salt based on the two posts I made red.

-A longtime parent of Bais Rochel

amother
Amber

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:22 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Ridiculous untruths. I'd take this whole post with a grain of salt based on the two posts I made red.

Hi from another longtime parent of Bais Rochel. Wave

OP can take it with a bucket of salt but this is my perspective. Do you send to Bais Leah? If you don't have high school age kids then you aren't a longtime parent so you don't remember the "before."

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:29 pm
Hi to you too. For various reasons which I'd rather not disclose I am extremely familiar with the ins and outs of the school.

Why are your kids uncomfortable?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 10:09 pm
So based on what you are saying is that ateres nechama would be geared for more chassidish boro Park Williamsburgh crowd
And Bnos leah is like bais rochel . U mean bais Rochel monsey style?

amother
Red

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 10:18 pm
I have many family members and friends with children of all ages and it’s almost painful to see people asking and comparing high schools and yeshivos in Lakewood!! It totally doesn’t matter what school you want or is best suited to you, your child will go wherever you will be lucky enough to be accepted!! I know plenty chasdidish girls and boys who are not in chasdidush schools just because that’s where they got in!!!

sweetdimples

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 10:34 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:

and the part about anybody moving from BP referred to as Belzer. uh no. lol

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 10:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So based on what you are saying is that ateres nechama would be geared for more chassidish boro Park Williamsburgh crowd
And Bnos leah is like bais rochel . U mean bags Rochel monsey style?

None of the schools in Lakewood is geared toward a very chassidish Williamsburg/Boro Park girl. Ateres Nechama and Bias Leah will be a culture shock and you have to be ready that your girls will change their way of dress (black tights, no seams..) & will basically be english speaking. Ateres Nechama does have more chassidish students than Bais Leah. But again, Lakewood chassidish is not Williamsburg chassidish.
Bais Rochal in Lakewood is not to compare to Bais Ruchal of Monsey. Monsey is more chassidish, basically like all other chassidish schools. Yiddish subjects are taught in Yiddish.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 10:41 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I have many family members and friends with children of all ages and it’s almost painful to see people asking and comparing high schools and yeshivos in Lakewood!! It totally doesn’t matter what school you want or is best suited to you, your child will go wherever you will be lucky enough to be accepted!! I know plenty chasdidish girls and boys who are not in chasdidush schools just because that’s where they got in!!!

Right. But it doesn't mean it's easy on the kids. That's why there are kids that stayed in their Brooklyn school.
For a very chassidish girl it's very very hard to assimilate to most schools in Lakewood, they can't just go to any school that accepts them. It's not fair to the kids to move to Lakewood and send them to schools where they don't fit and don't belong.

sweetdimples

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 10:44 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
None of the schools in Lakewood is geared toward a very chassidish Williamsburg/Boro Park girl. Ateres Nechama and Bias Leah will be a culture shock and you have to be ready that your girls will change their way of dress (black tights, no seams..) & will basically be english speaking.
Bais Rochal in Lakewood is not to compare to Bais Ruchal of Monsey. Monsey is more chassidish, basically like all other chassidish schools. Yiddish subjects are taught in Yiddish.

untrue. satmar belz and klausenberg are geared toward very chassidish BP and williamsburg style. Belz and Satmar are working towards opening a highschool this coming year BEZH (satmar aiming for grades past ninth hopefully) klausenbergs oldest grade this coming year will be eighth IYH

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 10:47 pm
sweetdimples wrote:
untrue. satmar belz and klausenberg are geared toward very chassidish BP and williamsburg style. Belz and Satmar are working towards opening a highschool this coming year BEZH (satmar aiming for grades past ninth hopefully) klausenbergs oldest grade this coming year will be eighth IYH

You're right. But I understood that she was asking about current high schools, not the one's that are planning to open.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 10:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes you are right - about no such thing as normal chasidish
I send to school like pupa , klausenberg, viznitz... (don’t want to give myself Away)
How is the Bnos bina high school?
Is the belz school mainly belz crowd?

I didn't read the thread yet and know practically nothing about Lakewood schools, but find it interesting that you "say" Pupa, Viznitz, and Klausenberg "in one breath" as if these three schools are all similar. They are three totally different types of schools along the spectrum. On one end of the spectrum is Viznitz, of the most farfrumpt, extreme schools in BP, perhaps along with Bais Shifra. Pupa is further along on the spectrum- less extreme. And Klausenberg is even further along, most similar to Tomer Devora, on the same range as Bais Sarah and Bobov. I would think that Bnos Bina would be a huge culture shock coming from Viznitz, but not so much, coming from Klausenberg.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:00 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I didn't read the thread and know practically nothing about Lakewood schools, but find it interesting that you "say" Pupa, Viznitz, and Klausenberg "in one breath" as if these three schools are all similar. They are three totally different types of schools along the spectrum. On one end of the spectrum is Viznitz, of the most farfrumpt, extreme school in BP, perhaps along with Bais Shifra. Pupa is further along on the spectrum- less extreme. And Klausenberg is even further along, most similar to Tomer Devora, on the same range as Bais Sarah and Bobov. I would think that Bnos Bina would be a huge culture shock coming from Viznitz, but not so much, coming from Klausenberg.

It will be the same culture shock coming from these 3 schools. The girls are basically similar. The girls from Satmer, Belz, Bobov, Klausenberg, Pupa, Viznits, Bais Tzipora I'd put into the same category. They're all similar and it'll be the same culture shock for all. All these schools have basically the same rules and dress code.
Bais Sara and Bobov are not to compare.
Bais Sara and Klausenberg are also not to compare.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:11 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
It will be the same culture shock coming from these 3 schools. The girls are basically similar. The girls from Satmer, Belz, Bobov, Klausenberg, Pupa, Viznits, Bais Tzipora I'd put into the same category. They're all similar and it'll be the same culture shock for all. All these schools have basically the same rules and dress code.
Bais Sara and Bobov are not to compare.
Bais Sara and Klausenberg are also not to compare.

Huh??? Of course these schools in the bolded sentence are so different. How can you compare a Bobover girl to a Viznitzer graduate ? And I bet if you take a Bobov, Klausenberg, and Bais Sarah graduate and ask someone to identify their alma mater, she would have difficulty identifying them correctly. The hashkafos of the homes are very similar.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:15 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Huh??? Of course these schools in the bolded sentence are so different. How can you compare a Bobover girl to a Viznitzer graduate ? And I bet if you take a Bobov, Klausenberg, and Bais Sarah graduate and ask someone to identify their alma mater, she would have difficulty identifying them correctly. The hashkafos of the homes are very similar.

Yes the schools are different. But the rules and dress code are basically the same and it will be the same culture shock for a girl coming from basically any chassidish school in Brooklyn. (Besides for Vein, Gur, Bais Brocha.)
Bobov girls and Viznits girls look the same to me. Many Bobov girls come from very very frum homes.
Bobov is a very frum school. (I'm talking about the old Bobov.)

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:21 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Yes the schools are different. But the rules and dress code are basically the same and it will be the same culture shock for a girl coming from basically any chassidish school in Brooklyn. (Besides for Vein, Gur, Bais Brocha.)
Bobov girls and Viznits girls look the same to me. Many Bobov girls come from very very frum homes.
A girl from Klausenberg BP is much more likely to come from an English speaking/black tights wearing/mom driving/mom not shaving home than a Viznitz girl, so it would obviously be way easier for her to acclimate to a Lakewood school. But
ok...I guess I get what you're saying. To some extent, you may be right.

And just fyi, many many Bobover girls are from open minded families, the schools have a great secular educational system, and many girls would easily fit in Bais Yaakov (of BP) High School, with black tights too. Just so you know where I'm coming from, I'm a BYHS graduate, went to Bobover mosdos camp (and didn't notice all that much of a difference between my family's hashkafos and those of my bunkmates), and send to a neutral chassidish BP school.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries