Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Is your baby up to date on vaccines?
1  2  Next

happy chick

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 2:10 pm
My baby is almost 5 months and we've only done his 2 month well visit / vaccines. We're falling behind and I'm afraid I'm going to have to scramble to catch up one day. My Dr isn't in there days anyways. I know were all in the same boat (in this area), is anyone else concerned about falling behind?

amother
Gold

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 2:11 pm
No. I'm pro vax but it'll be ok. Well visits are not in the cards for now.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 2:22 pm
The American Academy of Pediatrics is now recommending that infants up to the age of 2 go get their well visits done and get their vaccines. Find out if your pediatrician's office is doing it. Many are. Our office is doing only well visits in the morning and the sick kids come later in the afternoon.

alwayscooking

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 2:44 pm
Yes my baby is up to date we wen ton morning

amother
Blush

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 2:49 pm
My baby is up to date.
Our pediatrician is not cancelling shot well visits bc she doesn't want kids falling behind

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 2:55 pm
My baby is getting his 6 month vaccines tomorrow he turned 6 months last week. Office is only doing vaccination well visited everything else is Telehealth

mha3484

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:05 pm
Yes I took my 1 year old for her well visit a few weeks ago. My pediatrician reworked their whole office so the sick and healthy are not in the waiting room together.

hodeez

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:20 pm
My 1 year old is behind due to covid. When things settle down we will take him for his well visit

amother
Navy

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:24 pm
Nope. I always start late, after I stop BF. I checked my titters, and I got my boosters after pregnancy so were good bh.
He's turning one tonight!

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:53 pm
My baby is 8 months old and got 1 set of shots. I'm nervous to take him now for a well visit. I'm usually very strict with the vaccine schedule but now I'm nervous.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:56 pm
She missed her last hep b because she had the flu at the time, and never made them up , and got her 12 month shots late because she had covid on her birthday- made them up though.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:59 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
My baby is 8 months old and got 1 set of shots. I'm nervous to take him now for a well visit. I'm usually very strict with the vaccine schedule but now I'm nervous.

What if there is a pertussis outbreak on the heals of the coronavirus outbreak?

Take him in now, you don't want him behind on his shots, especially when he goes back to daycare. Now he is relatively safe, when things open up again you want him fully protected from as much as possible.

Optione

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 4:01 pm
My baby is exact same age and had a well visit with vaccines last week.

israelmama

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 4:02 pm
the vaccine my baby missed is not time sensitive so I’m in no rush

happy chick

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 4:03 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
What if there is a pertussis outbreak on the heals of the coronavirus outbreak?

Take him in now, you don't want him behind on his shots, especially when he goes back to daycare. Now he is relatively safe, when things open up again you want him fully protected from as much as possible.

That's what I'm scared of. Not pertussis, in particular. But in general, how were so scared to peak out our windows and then all of a sudden one day well realize were 2 years behind schedule on vaccines.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 4:05 pm
My baby is 9 months and only got one shot so far. I plan to give her all of them I just don't see it as urgent especially since I'm EBF and I am up to date with vaccines. I'm not worried. She happens to have a well visit scheduled for this week which we're keeping so she'll get another one

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 4:08 pm
israelmama wrote:
the vaccine my baby missed is not time sensitive so I’m in no rush

Mine almost missed Hep A. But I called up because I knew we were due and didn't want to get behind. So now we are on schedule (and almost done! only to start again in a few months IY"H).

stillnewlywed

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 4:25 pm
My baby is up to date. We didn't have a well visit in office, but we had a separate visit just for shots. In and out.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 4:33 pm
My baby is behind but that is nothing new. He'll catch up. They're all home anyways. It's not like they're in school or a babysitter and passing gems around.

I wouldn't take them for well visits yet. Only for urgent appointments.

zoom

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 5:14 pm
my baby is 5 months too but hes up to date. was totally not planning to get them done because just didnt think it was worth it to go out but my dr actually rang me and hes had 2 sets now. theyv rearranged the dr so that only one person is let in at a time and temp is taken, and theres no one else waiting there. I wouldnt worry about it now esp if your dr is closed.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics