Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Doona gmach? Used doona? Lakewood
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 10:06 am
Anyone know a doona gmach or anyone giving away a doona or I would buy a used doona. I really need a doona and can’t afford it now in Lakewood

esther36

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 10:21 am
If ur not anonymous I can pm u. I know someone selling one

amother
Linen

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 10:31 am
For car seats you are better off with a cheaper Graco brand new and a snap n go than buying used. I get the social thing with the Doona but you are putting your baby at risk by buying a used car seat. It may look perfect on the outside but you don’t know what it’s been through (has it been gate checked on a plane, dropped while loading it into the car etc) and the inner components may be worn or under stress. Of course if image is all that matters....

Blessing1

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 10:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone know a doona gmach or anyone giving away a doona or I would buy a used doona. I really need a doona and can’t afford it now in Lakewood

You don't really "need" a doona. You want one. No one "needs" a doona.
I personally like a snap n go better. I didn't like the doona because it has no storage space & you can't hang bags. And it's so small, a 6 month old looks grown out of it. Get what you can afford.
And I wouldn't buy a used car seat for safety reasons, & the wheels of the doona get worn out pretty fast.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 10:54 am
Doona Gemach

If you need a doona for a short period of time.

Call: (845) 548-6673 (Ocean parkway & Foster) or (260) 366-6293

Blessing1

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 10:55 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Doona Gemach

If you need a doona for a short period of time.

Call: (845) 548-6673 (Ocean parkway & Foster) or (260) 366-6293

I'm almost sure they charge $11 a day.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:00 am
Blessing1 wrote:
I personally like a snap n go better. I didn't like the doona because it has no storage space & you can't hang bags. And it's so small, a 6 month old looks grown out of it. Get what you can afford.
And I wouldn't buy a used car seat for safety reasons, & the wheels of the doona get worn out pretty fast.

It really depends what youre buying it for. its not meant for putting bags underneath bcz its meant to just be going in and out of the car. I live in lakewood and used for just running in and out of the car to babysitter / visiting / a quick errand. Its not meant to be used mainly as a stroller.
My mother used a snap and go and she says how its such a headache trying to manage getting the base out of the trunk and picking up that heavy car seat with a baby in it to put on top of the base. she says how it was always such a headache
My 16 month old is just growing out of it. It was the best thing I ever bought.

Blessing1

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:06 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
It really depends what youre buying it for. its not meant for putting bags underneath bcz its meant to just be going in and out of the car. I live in lakewood and used for just running in and out of the car to babysitter / visiting / a quick errand. Its not meant to be used mainly as a stroller.
My mother used a snap and go and she says how its such a headache trying to manage getting the base out of the trunk and picking up that heavy car seat with a baby in it to put on top of the base. she says how it was always such a headache
My 16 month old is just growing out of it. It was the best thing I ever bought.

You're right, it definitely has it's conveniences and pluses, but it's still not a "need". You don't "need" a doona. Right it's not meant to use as a stroller, but when you go out shopping or to the mall, there's nowhere to put the bags.
I take taxi's 4 times a day, it's not a headache to click the carseat on the base, it takes a second.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:13 am
Blessing1 wrote:
You're right, it definitely has it's conveniences and pluses, but it's still not a "need". You don't "need" a doona. Right it's not meant to use as a stroller, but when you go out shopping or to the mall, there's nowhere to put the bags.
I take taxi's 4 times a day, it's not a headache to click the carseat on the base, it takes a second.

No of course its not a need but definitely a big convenience. I never went to the mall or out shopping to a few stores at once. I have my own car so went to put the bags in the car before I went to the next store

liveandlove.ima

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:14 am
Blessing1 wrote:

Never underestimate one's "needs"
TY

happinessseeker

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:17 am
I don’t understand these responses. And it’s not just on this thread. If you don’t have any helpful information or suggestions then why respond?! This is clearly not a discussion. Maybe the OP has some compelling reasons why she feels she needs a Doona. And anyway who cares?!!! I have a Doona and it’s fantastic. I had a Graco SnapNGo and utterly detested it. So much so that I avoided any errands with my child so I wouldn’t have to take it. But anyway, again, who cares.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:24 am
Op, people on this site have something against doonas. It’s almost a pride thing to say I have a snap and go and it’s just as good... I had both and I live love the doona, so much better and more convenient. My back used to break with the snap and go. The doona was a breeze. Yes it has minor inconvenience of not having a basket, but I got the pouch storage thing and it did the trick. Just bec you view something as a “in town” status thing, doesn’t mean that everyone who has one has one for social reasons🙄

Blessing1

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:28 am
I don't have anything against a doona. She can say she really wants a doona. A doona is not a need. It's childish to say "I really need a doona" especially if you can't afford it.
It's like my kids saying I really need whatever, my whole class has it.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:31 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Op, people on this site have something against doonas. It’s almost a pride thing to say I have a snap and go and it’s just as good... I had both and I live love the doona, so much better and more convenient. My back used to break with the snap and go. The doona was a breeze. Yes it has minor inconvenience of not having a basket, but I got the pouch storage thing and it did the trick. Just bec you view something as a “in town” status thing, doesn’t mean that everyone who has one has one for social reasons🙄

Those responses were because she said she can’t afford a Doona. Something against Doonas? 100% if you can’t afford one. Something against spending $600 on something that can easily be accomplished by spending $200 if you can’t afford the higher price. If you can’t afford it, there are alternatives. Of course they won’t be as convenient, no one argues that. Getting a used high end car seat vs a new low end one from a safety perspective is foolish

amother
Jade

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:36 am
Doona or not, don't get a used car seat please!!!

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:04 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:

I have an expensive nuna that I put on my bugaboo bee5. I own other expensive strollers. I just hate the Doona. I’m 5’8” if that helps.

lamplighter

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:20 pm
A used car seat is a bad idea safety wise.

I think people got thrown off by the OP stating that she "needs" a luxury item and cant afford it.

sub

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:45 pm
See. This is the problem with this site. People nitpick on the wording. She asked if there is a gemach. Period. None of our business why she wants, needs, or anything else. If you know of a gemach then say something. Otherwise please stay out of it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:49 pm
Thank u sub. I have a snap n go and it’s very difficult to fit in small trunk and I heard doona wheels are attached so will be easier that’s why I wrote NEED. Anyone know a place selling new cheaper doonas? Maybe last years model

Blessing1

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:51 pm
sub wrote:
See. This is the problem with this site. People nitpick on the wording. She asked if there is a gemach. Period. None of our business why she wants, needs, or anything else. If you know of a gemach then say something. Otherwise please stay out of it.

I wouldn't call it nitpicking on the wording.
A gemach gives out a doona for short term use.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics