Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Please give me names of schools that will accept most kids
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:08 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
You don't need to answer but I'm just super curious how such a phenomenon happens that you are a Lakewood resident and don't have a school for ANY of your kids?

Apologies.

For the record, I just don’t feel like saying which grades I need. Maybe some of my kids have schools. As this is the internet, I’m not sharing my life story. Just asking for anonymous advice. If you can’t help me, I understand.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:14 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Bais hachinuch gives you a very hard time to get in unless you offer a lot of money. Witnessed it with my friend, regular normal heimish family.

Interesting. My friend moved from Brooklyn and she was saying how easily she got accepted. No big money. I heard from afew people that they got in easily.
But any school will ask you why the kids are currently without schools and do alot of information before accepting. No one will accept with just a phone call.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:15 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Interesting. My friend moved from Brooklyn and she was saying how easily she got accepted. No big money. I heard from afew people that they got in easily.
But any school will ask you why the kids are currently without schools and do alot of information before accepting. No one will accept with just a phone call.

I accept that I will have to explain to them. I have references of course.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Out of town kids are assured a place in school. I have friends in Baltimore, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit. Kids go to school together there and the kids are way more down to earth than in town kids.

Nor ro make light of but it is like Eskimos who have many words to describe snow versus most countries in which there are a few descriptive words for snow.

Out of town the kind of minute differentiation that I read on these threads simply couldn't exist because the schools would literally have one or two children for each school Smile

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:17 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:

How long ago? I'm talking about for the coming year.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:25 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
How long ago? I'm talking about for the coming year.

Oh. These kids are in the school for 2 years already.
I don't get this accepting for money. A family is either the right fit for the school, or not. Money doesn't change a families hashkafa and chinuch.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I accept that I will have to explain to them. I have references of course.

I think Bais Hachinuch only has up till lower elementary. I'm not sure though.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Out of town kids are assured a place in school. I have friends in Baltimore, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit. Kids go to school together there and the kids are way more down to earth than in town kids.

That doesn't really have anything to do with the point I made. I'm from out of town too. My point was that the schools that accept everyone often have their own major internal issues (nothing to do with the students) and that's why you may want to be wary of those schools.

giselle

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 1:42 pm
OP if you’d like to PM, I can try to give you some info about schools .. don’t necessarily want to post a lot of details here.

giselle

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 1:43 pm
crust wrote:
I always knew there is a problem in Lakewood (as in many other communities.)

But since I've watched a woman of Lakewood talk (cry) how her kids are not accepted in any school the problem became more real in my mind and I can't wrap my head around it.

What's going on? Can someone come in with an unemotional response to this? What's the logic? How does this happen?

Let's say if I came into Lakewood today and decided I'm going to open a school with mesiras nefesh, will someone stop me?

I'm sure there are people like me in Lakewood. Why isn't it happening?

I really only want an explanation. I don't want a bashing thread.
You can pm me if you feel more comfortable but please everyone replying to me, please keep the responses respectful.

Thanks.

I can explain it to you privately if you’d really like Smile

crust

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 1:48 pm
giselle wrote:
I can explain it to you privately if you’d really like Smile

Thanks to some posters that did so I think I (somewhat) understand.

Ora in town

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 3:05 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Are you planning to move to Lakewood and you can't get your kids into schools? Or are your kids currently out of schools??
I'd be wary of sending to a school that accepts everyone.

Do you hear yourself?
Reminds me of Groucho Marx:
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member."

naturalmom5

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 3:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Boys and girls elementary. I’m tired of looking. I’m tired of my kids crying that no one wants them. Just give me names and numbers to call. Thank you!

Oak st school

Spruce st schhol

Christa McAliff jackson nj

leah233

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 4:43 pm
crust wrote:
I always knew there is a problem in Lakewood (as in many other communities.)

But since I've watched a woman of Lakewood talk (cry) how her kids are not accepted in any school the problem became more real in my mind and I can't wrap my head around it.

What's going on? Can someone come in with an unemotional response to this? What's the logic? How does this happen?

Let's say if I came into Lakewood today and decided I'm going to open a school with mesiras nefesh, will someone stop me?

I'm sure there are people like me in Lakewood. Why isn't it happening?

I really only want an explanation. I don't want a bashing thread.
You can pm me if you feel more comfortable but please everyone replying to me, please keep the responses respectful.

Thanks.

This is my theory. It is from the many nisyonis Hashem can give a person when it comes to child rearing. It is most prevalent in Lakewood becuase Hashem only gives nisoynos to those who can handle them.

If other communities had to deal with the nightmare that dealing with Lakewood schools is for some (not all) Lakewood residents the result would be mass enrollment in public school.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 5:00 pm
Ora in town wrote:
Do you hear yourself?
Reminds me of Groucho Marx:
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member."

Yes, I hear myself.
But this is the reality of the school situation in Lakewood.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 5:16 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Oak st school

Spruce st schhol

Christa McAliff jackson nj

Aren’t those all public schools? I kind of draw the line there. I’d rather homeschool them.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 5:31 pm
How long have you lived in Lakewood? Are they in school right now (well this alternate universe we call “school”)
If you don’t find a new school can you just keep them where they are?

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Boys and girls elementary. I’m tired of looking. I’m tired of my kids crying that no one wants them. Just give me names and numbers to call. Thank you!

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 5:33 pm
Didn’t a new cheder open in Toms River? For everyone?
There are schools in manalapan I know ppl send to and are very happy.

giselle

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 5:35 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

What schools are in manalapan?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 5:36 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

Do you know the name?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries