Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What's there to do in PARIS?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 10:15 am
We're gonna be in Paris for the day.
We wanto cover all the 'must sees' ofcourse.
What's there to see? What's there to do that's fun? I know of the mopeds anything else?

Which restaraunts have the best hechsheirim?

(we're a couple with an infant)

Thanx.

gumby

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 10:28 am
Whats to do in Paris ? Paris is the one of the greatest cities in the whole world !!!! It has wonderful museams, shopping, tourist attractions. If I was there for just one day I would take a hop on and off tour bus of the city. I would hop off at the eiffel tower, choose a museam to go to - the Louvre is the most popular choice but there are better ones such as Musee d' Orsay. But who doesnt want to see the Mona Lisa. I would also go to a wonderful French restaurant for dinner. Just be aware they dont open usually till seven so if youre leaving that night you should consider lunch. If you are interested in shopping you can either window type shopping in the Rue St Honore area or go to Gallary Lafayette which has everything under one roof. Also consider a boat ride around the Seine river. Whatever you do enjoy and If you are using US dollars expect to spend a lot of money.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 10:44 am
can you pm sarahliz for the list of restaurants and hechsherim? I'm not feeling like re typing everything lol

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 10:49 am
yeah sure, will do that. Thanx though.

Ruchel, how about where we should go? Basically, what are the attractions that we must see?

Thanx for your time.

loveit

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 10:51 am
Haha, that's really funny, I just bombarded Ruchel with questions also!

Ruchel

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 10:54 am
lol yeah...

places to go... depends what you like? castles? disney? shopping? museums? movies? theatre? music?

jemappelle

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 10:56 am
just to add- the louvre is magnificent- particularly impressive is napoleon's quarters. outside the gardens are beautiful and there is a carosel (I dont know if it runs this time of year though) from there the eiffel tower is just a metro ride away. if you can go to the eiffel tower at dusk/evening, they light it up.
and for snack buy chocolate, there is very good kosher chocolate!

Ruchel

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 10:59 am
les tuileries is a splendid park too, even better if the big wheel and the attractions are there

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 12:01 pm
Ruchel wrote:
les tuileries is a splendid park too, even better if the big wheel and the attractions are there

what sort of park is it and how do I know if the attractions will be there?
what else do you recommend?

Ruchel

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 12:04 pm
tuileries http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuileries

the attractions are there in the summer. I went there for a date with dh, on the big wheel and all. SOOOO romantic.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 12:07 pm
That sounds nice! But really this will prob. be the first and last time we'll be there. So I just wanna really cover what 'I must'.

What is that?

Ruchel

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 12:10 pm
for me, it depends on what you like!!

fleetwood

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 12:24 pm
As an American who's been there twice its very easy to use the subway to go wherever you want. For me the Louvre is a MUST See not just the art but the ancient artifacts. Theres also a jewish museum that was amazing to me because people were taken away from there not some far away land like when you go to a holocaust museum in the U.S. As for places to eat, I always say that if I lived there I would weigh 400 pounds. Hope this helps.

willow

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 12:31 pm
We are also going to Paris, although on a short layover rather then a destination. I LOVE traveling and want to see a lot (at least something:) We are getting in early in the morning. I love everything but since we are only out of the airport for 5 hours I am looking for something close. Any ideas for a couple with a toddler?
The one thing I am Not interested in is shopping.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 12:37 pm
which airport?

willow

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 12:41 pm
Umm I don't know I guess I'll have to wait for my dh to come home and find out:)

jemappelle

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 9:25 pm
be careful tho, the metro isnt the safest....remember this isnt the states..

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 6:03 am
The metro in NY is scary!!
But here pay attention to your bags, don't tell your life to strangers, don't go near the gap... regular stuff.
Now metro at night is something else, I wouldn't do it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics