Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Going away for shavuos
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 7:33 pm
So I’m young married with 3 Kids bh. We made pesach for the first time this year. It was very challenging but it definitely was beautiful. We didn’t go to our parents or inlaws since the middle of March. We live in a development and it seems like everyone around us let’s their kids play with neighbors outside.
Now that shavuos is coming up I’m just wondering if people be going to their parents? Or is everyone still gonna be staying home?

amother
Blush

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 7:34 pm
Sure people will be going. Many seniors are out and about. Bh we're not seeing any spikes in cases or a second wave since pesach bh.

amother
Peony

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:00 pm
Staying home:(
parents are sn quarantine.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

hi5

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:04 pm
Better safe than sorry!

amother
Silver

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:04 pm
Was invited and I declined. I just don’t think it’s a good ideas.

ETA we all had it already but I work in a hospital and my kid is in daycare and no one knows how long our immmunity is for and I’m
Not taking chances with my parents’ Health

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:40 pm
I don’t have parents, and my in laws don’t live in the area. I have a bigger family anyway and prefer to stay home.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:40 pm
My parents are so lonely and would love to have us... but they did not have corona and are still scared. They are talking about possibly inviting local children to eat outdoors in the backyard on Shavuos. Don't think they will be letting any siblings move in with kids yet....

amother
Olive

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:44 pm
It depends. Did your parents already have it? Mine didn't nor did my in-laws, so we aren't going. It's sad.

I had a half a thought to invite another family for a meal who also already had positive antibody results, but then I realized that it might be maras ayin.

If your parents had it already, and so did you guys, maybe?

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:45 pm
Unless there are guidelines given how to safely host people I’ll Be avoiding that.
We may do a “bento box” style meal in our friends backyard sitting at a distance from each other.

tigerwife

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:47 pm
I know people who will be eating meals with siblings (all younger, 20s-30s) but will not go to parents because of the increased risk.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:52 pm
My inlaws realllly want us to come. (I also live in lkwd where people seem to be giving up on SD etc..) my inlaws doc suggested that we take a test earlier in the week of shavous and well get results 2 days later. If we quarantine from when we take the test till shavous and the test was negative, why not?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:54 pm
I was invited by a sibling, we’re all young with little kids. I asked Dr. Shanik and he said I shouldn’t go so I made the unpopular decision of staying home.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:56 pm
Also young married with 3 kids. Was in plan to move into my parents house which is now out. Although they allow visitors they're not super comfortable with using same bathroom and stuff! Staying home Sad

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:56 pm
Not to parents, too dangerous for them. Will be home by ourselves. Wish I could do something so they wouldn't be so lonely. Sad

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 9:08 pm
Thanks for all the responses! My father and my husband already got the virus before pesach.. I went for an antibody test a few days ago so maybe I will wait for the reaults and then decide what to do for shavuos.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 11:08 pm
We’ll be upstate with many other families just playing/shmoozing and having a good time. Like we do every year.

lolymom

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 11:26 pm
Why doesn't everyone make their own decisions as adults? Ask your doctor or take the risk if both you and you parents are willing to. This whole what’s everyone else doing particularly in Lakewood is making me nauseous already. You and your husband are adults. Make your own informed decisions.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 11:32 pm
lolymom wrote:
Why doesn't everyone make their own decisions as adults? Ask your doctor or take the risk if both you and you parents are willing to. This whole what’s everyone else doing particularly in Lakewood is making me nauseous already. You and your husband are adults. Make your own informed decisions.

Yes and no. Many many people aren't SD anymore. Many people went away for pesach. Yet bh we haven't seen a spike in cases or heard of any new cases, so people feel more comfortable to go away for yom tov already. Though I wouldn't go to elderly or high risk people.

coloredleaves

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 12:56 am
I actually know hardly anyone who went away for pesach. Everyone I know personally and heard about changes their plans and followed rabanim's recommendations to stay home With the exception of two families I know where the woman just had a baby. I think the reason there are not spikes is because people did listen!

Regardless, it seems to me to be the opposite of v'nishamrtem moed es nafshechem to do anything doctors and rabbis overlap advise against without extremely extenuating circumstances. Recently children are getting sick to, but even just re the older adults, why would we do anything not 100% ok by all doctors and possibly be responsible for their sickness?

amother
Tan

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 1:37 am
We always stay home for Shavuos and our parents come to us. Unfortunately they won't be able to do that this year because we're all still self-isolating. It's just going to be a quiet Yom Tov for all of us. At least it won't be 3 days this time!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries