Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
US official threatens Israel over Peace Plan

Rappel

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:16 am
“If the settlers don't want what the administration currently has to offer,” the official told Israel Hayom, “they shouldn't come to us in the future.”

http://www.israelnationalnews......80947

I don't know who said this, but I can't help but agree with him. We shouldn't be owing our allegiance to foreign princes. We should establish total and immediate control of all of Eretz Yisrael. And we should count Hashem as our provider, and He doesn't demand anything of us but that we serve Him in the land. Enough already - let's pick up our heads and continue on as a free people.

BadTichelDay

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:28 am
Rappel wrote:
“If the settlers don't want what the administration currently has to offer,” the official told Israel Hayom, “they shouldn't come to us in the future.”

http://www.israelnationalnews......80947

I don't know who said this, but I can't help but agree with him. We shouldn't be owing our allegiance to foreign princes. We should establish total and immediate control of all of Eretz Yisrael. And we should count Hashem as our provider, and He doesn't demand anything of us but that we serve Him in the land. Enough already - let's pick up our heads and continue on as a free people.

You're right of course.
The problem is only that so far the majority of the people, including frum ones, and including every single governent Israel has had until now, still aren't "there" yet. The common perception is still that we need the approval of the gentile powers for every step we take. Like the count's permission in the olden days. Until that mindset goes away, nothing is going to change. But I'm afraid it might still take a few generations. Even I am a bit afraid of letting go totally, though I know that it is the right thing to do. The Jewish Idea, hm?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics