Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What parts of my leg need to be covered?
Previous  1  2

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 3:03 am
Chayalle wrote:
I never saw anything in Hilchot Tznius about wearing a minimizer bra.

It’s not but she commentent that I reveal too much boob (cup G) and that you see it clearly and that a minimizer Will make it more Tznius

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 3:31 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
It’s not but she commentent that I reveal too much boob (cup G) and that you see it clearly and that a minimizer Will make it more Tznius

I'm sure your boobs are covered and not revealed. I'm also sure that a minimzer won't miraculously make your boobs seem tiny. Sorry that your MIL is giving you grief about the size of your body parts.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 4:07 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:

Personally I find it disturbing that your MIL is noticing so much detail about your chest region. 🤷‍♀️

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 12:13 pm
I hate tights, I love maxi skirts. I think it's the best compromise FOR ME. Completely covered, but not miserable. Knee socks are the best, IMHO. I don't live in a Chassidish area where mid calf length and seamed stockings are the norm, but I pass through that community daily. Nobody even gives me a second look.

As for the chest area, Hashem gave you that size! It's not more "untznius" than if you'd been given flaming red hair. I hate it when women get shamed for natural attributes.

As long as your tops are not skin tight, I don't see that there is what to worry about. Nobody of any size should be wearing skin tight, anyway. (Same goes for skirts.)

lilies

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 12:17 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I never saw anything in Hilchot Tznius about wearing a minimizer bra.

This gave me a much needed laugh! Thank you!

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:18 am
just me!! wrote:
wow wow
Why wow? Rav Falk is from the Gateshead community. That is known to be very charedi. Not a secret, but not everyone holds of that shita in tzniut at all.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 8:31 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Why wow? Rav Falk is from the Gateshead community. That is known to be very charedi. Not a secret, but not everyone holds of that shita in tzniut at all.

In tsniout Rav Falk is much less extrem that the "charedi Israeli "

wifeandmore

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 8:43 am
Not everyone reads the site every day. Just because someone asked a question which was asked a few weeks ago, it shouldn't imply in the slightest that they're a troll.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 11:06 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I have no idea if he is or if he isnt. I just know that in many circles he is known as the extreme shita. Gateshead is also one derech, not like many others as well.
My point was, that rav falk is not mainstream judaism. It is one way, not everyone's way, thats all.

giselle

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 12:54 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:

I live in an American right wing area. Most people I know consider Rabbi Falk to be a more extreme opinion. I went to a right wing Bais Yaakov school and they even advised people not to try to follow his book because they were nervous people would go too extreme and it wouldn’t be healthy for them. This isn’t to say I have a problem with people who do, but it’s definitely not mainstream in many frum communities.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics