Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Have you ever seen the large window above entrance, covered?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 10:31 am
Have you ever seen the large window above entrance (like in the picture below) in a two story foyer, covered?

A window covering person told me that some people cover that window for privacy.

Behind that window, upstairs, is the upstairs hall, and if someone in the house is walking past there, people walking across the street or in the house across the street, can see right in, at night, if someone is walking in the hall of a house like that, and light is on.

I have never seen that window covered, because people usually have a fancy chandelier there, thats supposed to be seen at all times.

teachkids

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 12:16 pm
Maybe just the film that obscures but let's light in?

SuperWify

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 12:29 pm
No, I have never.

What would be the propose of the window if you cover up the light?

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 12:42 pm
I've seen with stained glass, frosted glass or white sheer curtains

mamaleh

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 1:18 pm
I have seen it covered, and remember a few people (who were building) over the years discussing how difficult it is, but doing it anyway. The best option I’ve seen is one that can (either electronically or manually) be opened & closed. It was expensive to be put in but it works beautifully. Light during the day & privacy at night.

The other thing that works & is cheaper is using frosted glass. It gives privacy without the expense & any maintenance issues. (You also don’t need to remember to close it when it gets dark).

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 1:32 pm
I have my window like that frosted. Still lets on the sunlight but people can't see into my house.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 1:34 pm
We just frosted ours because it looks at our upstairs landing and the neighbors can see in at night. You can't see our gorgeous light from outside anymore but it's really for us inside anyway. And our privacy is worth it. My kids were running around half undressed, I wanted to be able to go to their rooms at night not tznius so this works best. And we still have tons of sunlight from it.

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 1:40 pm
I have a window like that and unfortunately needed to cover it up because you could see from the outside.
I have the option of opening it but usually don't.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics