Home

Free Kindle Books for Kids
Previous  1, 2

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

groisamomma

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 11:51 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I live in Cincinnati. Our public library offers this too. It's like a regular library, but online. Meaning, if there are two digital copies of a certain book, then only two users can check them out at one time, and the rest have to get on a wait list. It has virtually everything. Call the OOT library you have cards to and ask them if they participate in Overdrive, which is also known as Libby.

They do have Overdrive and they're virtual. That's why we signed up at $50 each. I'm looking for more libraries that allow that. I'll try Cincinnati tomorrow.

Thanks!

srbmom

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 11:59 pm
I found this list, not sure how up to date it is --

https://www.aworldadventurebyb.....leges

IF YOU'RE IN THE US: LIBRARY CARDS FOR A FEE
The following libraries appear to offer non-resident library cards for a fee to anyone in the US without the need to pick up the card at the library:

Florida, Orange County Library System
$75/3 months, $100/6 months or $125/year. Note: To stop spammers, they ask a question on the form about what county OCLS is in. The answer is "Orange" since OCLS stands for Orange County Library System.

New York
Note: None of the following are part of the famous New York Public Library.

Brooklyn Public Library: $50/year
Monroe County Library System: $25/year
Queens Public Library: $50/year

North Carolina
Charlotte Mecklenburg Library: $45/household/year or $35/year for adults 62 & older
Chapel Hill Public Library: $65/year

Texas, Houston Public Library
$20/6 months or $40/year

Virginia, Fairfax County Public Library
$27/year

IF YOU'RE OUTSIDE THE US
I'm thrilled I was able to find 2 library systems that allow people from outside the US the chance to borrow books.

Florida, Orange County Library System
$75/3 months, $100/6 months or $125/year Note: When applying, select the check box next to "Out of Country" to enter in your address. They may ask a question on the form about what county OCLS is in to stop spammers. The answer is "Orange" since OCLS stands for Orange County Library System.

New York, Queens Public Library
$50/year Note: This is not a part of the famous New York Public Library.

srbmom

Post  Wed, Jun 03 2020, 12:13 am
Also, I haven't lived in NY for many years so maybe I'm remembering wrong, but isn't there a way to access the New York Public Library system if you already have a Brooklyn or Queens card
(Sorry if I'm misunderstanding and you've already done that)

mra01385

Post  Thu, Jun 04 2020, 12:08 pm
FYI both the queens and Brooklyn public library have ebooks available on their websites and can download them to one drive or whatever software they use. I got an e-card from Brooklyn public library for free as a NYS resident. Also, check out library websites to see how to access free ebooks.
Also, a-z reading has leveled e books for early readers. You can sign up for a free trial account . I did it and it’s great!
https://www.readinga-z.com/samples/
https://www.nypl.org/books-mus.....ntral
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h