Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Anyone lives in/familiar with Alon Shvut?
Previous  1  2  3  4

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 4:25 am
OP - how about Kiryat Arab or Drom Har Hevron (Otinel was mentioned). It’s still computable to Yerushalayim bit the kids can go to Chabbad schools in Beer Sheva and in willing to bet b they’re are less chareidi and more diverse than the ones in Beit Shemesh.
There used to be a Chassidish amother who made Aliyah to Maon and they seemed to really love it there.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 4:34 am
banana123 wrote:
[...] Chabad is inherently different and coming from an inherently different place than the chareidi community. Yes, they are slowly "catching up" and closing the gaps but that doesn't mean that we are chareidi, it means they're emulating us!

That sounds extremely patronizing. My 'charedi' friends are very proud of their derech and I respect them and don't see any need for them to 'catch up' with chabad or 'emulate' my way. But whatever, this conversation would be better suited to a S/O rather than laboring the point here.

banana123

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 9:21 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
That sounds extremely patronizing. My 'charedi' friends are very proud of their derech and I respect them and don't see any need for them to 'catch up' with chabad or 'emulate' my way. But whatever, this conversation would be better suited to a S/O rather than laboring the point here.

I'm sorry, I didn't meanto be patronizing. "Catching up" probably wasn't the right term. I meant that in terms of professional education, jobs, internet, WhatsApp, etc., it seems that the chareido world is changing and closing the gaps, meaning they are in a way emulating Chabad but also kind of adapting to how things have changed.
At any rate that still shows that there are inherent differences between Chabad and chareidim, that Chabad is not just another kind of chareidi.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 9:37 am
banana123 wrote:
I'm sorry, I didn't meanto be patronizing. "Catching up" probably wasn't the right term. I meant that in terms of professional education, jobs, internet, WhatsApp, etc., it seems that the chareido world is changing and closing the gaps, meaning they are in a way emulating Chabad but also kind of adapting to how things have changed.
At any rate that still shows that there are inherent differences between Chabad and chareidim, that Chabad is not just another kind of chareidi.

I wouldn't call it emulating Chabad. You could just as well call it emulating the dati leumi, or adapting to the modern world.

banana123

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 3:07 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
I wouldn't call it emulating Chabad. You could just as well call it emulating the dati leumi, or adapting to the modern world.

Fair enough.

My original point still stands.

heidi

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 3:10 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
OP - how about Kiryat Arab or Drom Har Hevron (Otinel was mentioned). It’s still computable to Yerushalayim bit the kids can go to Chabbad schools in Beer Sheva and in willing to bet b they’re are less chareidi and more diverse than the ones in Beit Shemesh.
There used to be a Chassidish amother who made Aliyah to Maon and they seemed to really love it there.

Your autocorrect here is really funny and accurate LOL
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions