Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
ISO Decorators familiar w quality furniture online
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 7:53 pm
Are there Decorators in the Lakewood area who are uniquely familiar with the quality of furniture on the different furniture websites (Amazon, Wayfair and others), and other discount sources of furniture, who can guide you on what theyve gotten reasonably for other clients, and there were no issues? IOW Id like to know of decorators who say "Buy this" and "Dont buy this" off of furniture websites, based on their past experiences.

I assume many or most decorators have relationships with the local stores and perhaps get a percentage of cost of furniture, and arent looking to save their clients money.

Do any Lakewood area decorators recommend online or discount sources of furniture?

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 8:00 pm
I am not a decorator

I buy furniture online, if it comes and it appears flimsy it goes right back.

Buy with a return policy

Many times for another $$ you can get insurance which is something you can not get in the local stores. And if the item doesn’t survive the x number of years you will get a refund

Or a place like Costco which takes back used will give you piece of mind if it falls apart

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 8:59 pm
amother Peach wrote:
I am not a decorator

I buy furniture online, if it comes and it appears flimsy it goes right back.

Buy with a return policy

Many times for another $$ you can get insurance which is something you can not get in the local stores. And if the item doesn’t survive the x number of years you will get a refund

Or a place like Costco which takes back used will give you piece of mind if it falls apart

Ive heard of horror stories returning even furniture that arrived damaged, to Wayfair. So thats a big problem. They dont tell you in advance what the return shipping is. It can be the same as cost of furniture.

Costco has some decent furniture, but nothing trendy (like curved sofas or gold legs). And their prices zoomed lately.

Are there any other worthwhile websites that sell trendy furniture, with good customer service?

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 9:03 pm
From my experience with designers they don't do this. They go to local stores and don't care Abt your pocket. I tried asking my designer for affordable links to light fixtures, rugs etc and she was just not helpful.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 9:53 pm
amother Gold wrote:
From my experience with designers they don't do this. They go to local stores and don't care Abt your pocket. I tried asking my designer for affordable links to light fixtures, rugs etc and she was just not helpful.

I expected to hear that. I just wonder if there are exceptions who are "budget conscious" decorators.

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 9:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
I expected to hear that. I just wonder if there are exceptions who are "budget conscious" decorators.
Someone once posted a link on here to an Instagram account where a decorator had pictures of rooms and she "sold" the links to the entire room for a set price. I thought was a cool concept, and she seemed the type that was more budget friendly in general. I wonder if anyone reading this knows who I'm talking about because unfortunately I don't remember her name or anything.

amother
Tan

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 11:15 pm
I think CMR- Cipi Rosenberg sells the rooms. I've seen it on her instagram.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 11:28 pm
amother Tan wrote:
I think CMR- Cipi Rosenberg sells the rooms. I've seen it on her instagram.

I see she has little/no living dining rooms.

https://www.instagram.com/cmrdesigns/?hl=en

She never sees a clients house?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 9:36 am
Wayfair is not always the best with returns, but if you read reviews you can get a pretty good idea. I have called and returned to them but usually there is a fee..

Walmart, Amazon, are probably better.

Most designers I know are not out to get you the most expensive, they will help you stay in budget, but they want to get you something of quality instead of gambling with wayfair. Because at the end of the day if you’re not happy you will blame them..

Speaking as a designer

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 9:42 am
amother Gold wrote:

I'm a designer and I just want to clarify on this. Designers do care about your budget but they don't work by just sending out links. You will have a to give your budget to the designer and let them design the space for you, sticking to that budget while using vendors they feel are reliable. Designers procure products and make a percent profit on FF&E purchases. At the same time working with your budget and knowing where to get a good quality item for the right price. If your budget can only afford junk you're not going to find a designer who will be able to satisfy you.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 9:55 am
amother Indigo wrote:
If your budget can only afford junk you're not going to find a designer who will be able to satisfy you.

Thats true if we know for a fact that all furniture sold in places like Taubus and TGI in Brooklyn (way cheaper than the typical Lakewood furniture stores) or online is junk. Some of the Lakewood stores furniture may not be better quality. I think even stores like Katz or Churchill marks up higher than some Brooklyn furniture stores. Often manufacturers sell the same quality furniture under different brand names and knowledgeable decorators know trade secrets! The question is do any want to share?

Are there decorators who are familiar with the more budget conscious stores' furniture (that is up to date and not junk, just isnt "haute couture")? And if there are such decorators in Lakewood, who are they?

amother
Holly

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 10:10 am
I don't think most designers are going to refer people to cheap furniture on Wayfair because how can they "vouch" for the quality of on-line furniture that they really know nothing about.

In my experience, reputable designers with good reputations are not out to "cheat" their clients but the reality is that they are in a business and so they need to work with people who are spending a minimum amount in order for it to make sense for them.

It is as much work to furnish a living room with cheap stuff as it is with more expensive stuff.

In my personal experience, my decorator saved me money and was respectful of my overall budget. With their to the trade discounts - and not from retail stores but from actual to the trade sources - items are less than it would have cost me to pay retail without their markup.

Of they know of artisans like upholsterers or cabinet makers who can duplicate what you want and be very high quality for less - not cheap but less than buying equivalent.

If you only want a bit of guidance there are some designers who might charge by the hour to give you some recommendations or accompany you to a store.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 11:59 am
amother OP wrote:
Are there Decorators in the Lakewood area who are uniquely familiar with the quality of furniture on the different furniture websites (Amazon, Wayfair and others), and other discount sources of furniture, who can guide you on what theyve gotten reasonably for other clients, and there were no issues? IOW Id like to know of decorators who say "Buy this" and "Dont buy this" off of furniture websites, based on their past experiences.

I assume many or most decorators have relationships with the local stores and perhaps get a percentage of cost of furniture, and arent looking to save their clients money.

Do any Lakewood area decorators recommend online or discount sources of furniture?

I would love something like this too. I wouldn’t mind getting some pieces from a local store, and some online. But I want it to all look cohesive.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 1:17 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:
I would love something like this too. I wouldn’t mind getting some pieces from a local store, and some online. But I want it to all look cohesive.

Please post here if you or anyone else finds a Lakewood decorator familiar with, and willing to work with, medium cost trendy furniture (not junk, but not high priced).

Knowledgeable decorators know trade secrets that make furnishing a home more affordable! The question is do any want to share?

Theres clearly a need and desire for this!

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 1:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
Please post here if you or anyone else finds a Lakewood decorator familiar with, and willing to work with, medium cost trendy furniture (not junk, but not high priced).

Knowledgeable decorators know trade secrets that make furnishing a home more affordable! The question is do any want to share?

Why can’t you call some decorators and give them your budget? Getting top quality expensive furniture is only done when the client is willing to pay for it..

Also if you want to post your budgets and style your after, maybe some of us can make some furniture recommendations.

I’m decorating my house now, and doing it myself

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 2:47 pm
amother Junglegreen wrote:
Why can’t you call some decorators and give them your budget? Getting top quality expensive furniture is only done when the client is willing to pay for it..

This! Call the designers and see what they say

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 3:03 pm
amother OP wrote:

Or Brooklyn

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 3:03 pm
You're best off going to one of the good local stores. They will plan out the entire room tell you how to set it up and then you can buy a piece that you're missing from them. My friend did this. Didn't know how to set up a big spacious room and she tried with designers and spent money on an initial consult and then they sent outrageously priced options.
When she went into a good furniture store she got everything planned out for her and she bought one piece from that plan that she needed.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 9:06 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
You're best off going to one of the good local stores. They will plan out the entire room tell you how to set it up and then you can buy a piece that you're missing from them. My friend did this. Didn't know how to set up a big spacious room and she tried with designers and spent money on an initial consult and then they sent outrageously priced options.
When she went into a good furniture she got everything planned out for her and she bought one piece from that plan that she needed.

How and where did she find the rest of the furniture?

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:54 am
There are a number of decorating groups on Facebook, where people make suggestions if you post a picture of the room. There are also people on there who offer virtual design services, with links to items you can buy.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries