Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Floyd convicted of robbing and beating pregnant black woman
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 4:11 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
So do you support a system in which police officers are entitled to judge who is worthy of life, and to kneel on the necks of those whom they deem unworthy for nearly 9 minutes?

And what makes you think that the officer who murdered Floyd, and those who stood by and watched, were aware of his criminal record?

No I don't support that, and I think that it does not do any Jew good to publicly point all this out, but re some black lives matter, I don't want to hear another report about record breaking murders in Chicago that just elicit a yawn by the world at large.

Dandelion1

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 4:12 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
So, should Chauvin not have been charged with murder, in light of the video showing that he took a handcuffed man out of a police car, threw him to the ground, and kneeled on his neck for nearly 9 minutes, while Floyd and others begged him to stop? Charged, mind you. Not convicted.

Given the clear violation of police policy by Chauvin, should he not have been fired?

What do YOU think should have happened? What further investigation, beyond video actually showing the incident, do you think was needed before charging Chauvin?

Would you have felt the same way if he had been kneeling on your brother's neck while your brother begged him to get up?

Wait, whaaaat?

My point above was that Chauvin SHOULD BE and WAS, fired, arrested, and charged with murder, for the brutal murder he committed.

I'm not sure how that wasn't clear.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 4:13 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
So do you support a system in which police officers are entitled to judge who is worthy of life, and to kneel on the necks of those whom they deem unworthy for nearly 9 minutes?

And what makes you think that the officer who murdered Floyd, and those who stood by and watched, were aware of his criminal record?

No idea what you are implying about me.

I don't know of a single person, including myself, who thinks what happened to George Floyd is even remotely acceptable.

Last edited by DrMom on Wed, Jun 03 2020, 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 4:14 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Do you not understand the difference between a senseless murder by a criminal (in the case you mention) and a senseless murder by an agent of the government, a police officer who is supposed to keep us safe?

Were you more upset by perceived antisemitism by Bill DiBlasio, or by Herman who lives in Fort Greene? Do you think they're the same?

Absolutely it's worse when it's murder by an agent of the government, but let's put it into context please.

In 2019 police shot and killed 9 unarmed black men and 19 unarmed white men. It's likely in some of those instances the shooting took place in a dangerous area and the victim wasn't following police orders or made a sudden movement. Who knows, but let's all realize that the number is 9. Do you want to know how many blacks were shot to death by other blacks in Chicago this week alone? Again, I'm not equating a civilian murder with a police murder, but police shooting and killing black people in 2020 is not a problem.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 4:20 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Absolutely it's worse when it's murder by an agent of the government, but let's put it into context please.

In 2019 police shot and killed 9 unarmed black men and 19 unarmed white men. It's likely in some of those instances the shooting took place in a dangerous area and the victim wasn't following police orders or made a sudden movement. Who knows, but let's all realize that the number is 9. Do you want to know how many blacks were shot to death by other blacks in Chicago this week alone? Again, I'm not equating a civilian murder with a police murder, but police shooting and killing black people in 2020 is not a problem.

I agree with you

But at what number, globally or nationally, would you say there is a problem?

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 4:24 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
So you're saying that if criminals do something, then its OK for police to do it as well.

As to being encouraged by DiBlasio and Cuomo, that's such a blatant and disgusting lie that its no wonder that you're hiding your identity.

No I'm saying that unfortunately bad things happen in life and that's where the law comes in. Court system, etc. If we take justice into our own hands and think we're above the law, we get the chaos we are looking at. Which isn't fair to society.

Deblasio and Cuomo are absolutely encouraging it by not protecting the public. By putting the police in their as sitting ducks in the face of violence and not allowing them to even protect themselves. That's what's disgusting, not my accusation.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 4:40 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
I agree with you

I don't know but 9 is certainly low enough that I don't feel it it represents a problem.
In 2015 the number of unarmed whites and blacks killed by police was 52 and 38 respectively. So the number of blacks killed last year vs 2015 is down 75%.
The other scary thing is that these numbers demonstrate that the protesters don't really know what they are protesting about. Nobody knows or cares about the data and what the numbers are. There could be zero black killings at the hands of police and if in 3 years from now there's a single incident I suspect the protesters will all go crazy again looting.
And here's the thing. It doesn't matter that 95% of the protesters are peaceful. 5% can cause billions of dollars of damage and destroy businesses.
And at the end of the day can someone tell me what these protest accomplish? Can someone name a single thing that the protesters hope will come out of this?

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 4:52 pm
I don't know but 9 is certainly low enough that I don't feel it it represents a problem.
In 2015 the number of unarmed whites and blacks killed by police was 52 and 38 respectively. So the number of blacks killed last year vs 2015 is down 75%.
The other scary thing is that these numbers demonstrate that the protesters don't really know what they are protesting about. Nobody knows or cares about the data and what the numbers are. There could be zero black killings at the hands of police and if in 3 years from now there's a single incident I suspect the protesters will all go crazy again looting.
And here's the thing. It doesn't matter that 95% of the protesters are peaceful. 5% can cause billions of dollars of damage and destroy businesses.
And at the end of the day can someone tell me what these protest accomplish? Can someone name a single thing that the protesters hope will come out of this?

The looters are trying to even up the score. The protesters are simply wanting to make a statement that is heard once and for all but the looters destroyed minority owned businesses as well as businesses owned by large corporations because they want to punish society for putting them on a lower rung.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 4:55 pm

The problem with just looking at the number is that you are not looking at the percentage. The number 9 is lower than 19, but it is most likely a higher percentage of the black population (which is smaller) than the 19 is of the white population.

sushilover

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 4:58 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
So you're saying that if criminals do something, then its OK for police to do it as well.

As to being encouraged by DiBlasio and Cuomo, that's such a blatant and disgusting lie that its no wonder that you're hiding your identity.

This constant "so you're saying" is just a little too Cathy Newman for me. Very Happy

sushilover

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:02 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
I agree with you

If the percentage of black men killed was more than their representation in violent crime, I'd say that racism was at play. Right now it is less.

Now your turn? What number of black men killed by police would be ok to you? Would you consider our society racist as long as more than 13% of the those killed are black?

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:03 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

They worked together. Floyd was hopped up on meth during his arrest for passing counterfeit money. I am not saying it is right to murder him, but he was not a noble man. He was a drugged out felon being apprehended for committing yet another crime. He was not a family man as the media is portraying him. His family was in Texas.

Mr Dorn and the 5 other black people who were murdered during the riot were murdered because of the government allowed the rioting, looting, and murdering humans and puppies to go on. They were more a victim of state sponsored murder than Floyd will ever be. The rioters were allowed to run loose in blue cities with the cops having their hands tied.

Those 6 black men and women and countless neighborhoods were allowed to be massacred in blue cites to make Trump look bad.

Of couse when it comes to caring for the tragedy of a criminal dying while being arrested or a noble black man assassinated while on the side of law and order, of course you side with the criminal. Right thinking people side against the rampant murder and wholesale distruction. I don't know anyone who thinks Floyd should have had someone kneel on his neck until dead. Only liberal enablers would cheer on the rioting and murder if innocents.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:03 pm

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:11 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
The problem with just looking at the number is that you are not looking at the percentage. The number 9 is lower than 19, but it is most likely a higher percentage of the black population (which is smaller) than the 19 is of the white population.

I get that 9 black deaths is propotionatly higher than 19 white deaths, but first of all when you consider that blacks are involved in almost 50% of violent crimes (which are normally the type of crimes that would involve police using their weapons)then the numbers actually demonstrate that unarmed white people are more likely to get killed by police by a 2/1 ratio. Secondly, 9 deaths is the furthest thing from a systemic problem imaginable. I'd bet if we'd ask the protesters to guess how many black deaths there were last year as a result of police shootings they'd guess in there hundreds.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:12 pm
Black Lives Matter is not protesting a 2013 statistic.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:13 pm
southernbubby wrote:
The looters are trying to even up the score. The protesters are simply wanting to make a statement that is heard once and for all but the looters destroyed minority owned businesses as well as businesses owned by large corporations because they want to punish society for putting them on a lower rung.

What exactly do you think the message the protesters want to get out is exactly?

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:20 pm
What exactly do you think the message the protesters want to get out is exactly?

I think that the protesters are trying to raise awareness that white America sees them as less human and they want to change the narrative.
The looters are after the power and control that they usually don't have.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:22 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Black Lives Matter is not protesting a 2013 statistic.

What's changed in 7 years?

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:43 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
I agree with you

Heart disease, motor vehicle accidents accidents, the seasonal flu. Each kills so many more than the police. The numbers are about the equivalent of people that die of snake bites. Would you say that means each of these is a bigger problem? What bigger response do we need for the bigger killers? BTW Obesity and diabetes have more minority victims than white victims.

aliavi

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:51 pm
Squishy wrote:
They worked together. Floyd was hopped up on meth during his arrest for passing counterfeit money. I am not saying it is right to murder him, but he was not a noble man. He was a drugged out felon being apprehended for committing yet another crime. He was not a family man as the media is portraying him. His family was in Texas.

I’m seeing this as media fueled bias. Why was this not reported in the mainstream media for so long when we instantly knew details on VP Biden’s accuser? I don’t want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but I could see the media doing such a misleading thing to further their anti-president anti-economy agenda.

If we are to say Floyd was reformed from assaulting a pregnant black woman then that would lend to him NOT committing crimes which was precisely why he came into police contact. Banging head Can't Believe It the evidence suggests he a was not reformed.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics