Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Floyd convicted of robbing and beating pregnant black woman
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 2:53 pm
Oh my some of this thinking is so outdated and emotional non fact based.

Did not the US elect POC President in 2008?

who is putting who on a low rung who is cutting who out of power and control

and even were that true it is NEVER an excuse for violence or terrorism

Personally I feel sorry for people who are led by the nose to vote for people and leaders who clearly do not have their best interests at heart but thats a story for a different time...

very concerned about the growing push to discredit anyone of any "group" who has a differing opinion than that censored and stamped with approval by whoever thinks they were somehow put in charge of everyone

aliavi

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 2:58 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
The problem with just looking at the number is that you are not looking at the percentage. The number 9 is lower than 19, but it is most likely a higher percentage of the black population (which is smaller) than the 19 is of the white population.

For 2019!the black population is estimated to be 40% of the US. The reverse conclusion is actually true. Police have more interaction with blacks. Google any crime statistics and black population. It’s long been that black on black is the majority of violent crimes if you were unaware.

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 3:02 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Black Lives Matter is not protesting a 2013 statistic.

They aren't protesting. They are rioting, murdering, and looting, none of this is protected by the Constitution.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 3:07 pm
Squishy wrote:
They aren't protesting. They are rioting, murdering, and looting, none of this is protected by the Constitution.

Prove it.

Prove that BLM is behind the looting and riots.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 4:35 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Prove it.

Prove that BLM is behind the looting and riots.

Can the posters they carry be considered as proof?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 4:44 pm
Dandelion1 wrote:
And clearly the life of the retired African American police officer who was shot in the head by looters and rioters is not one of them.

Exactly! The phoniness of their cause is clear. It’s only when it suits their agenda.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 4:46 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Do you not understand the difference between a senseless murder by a criminal (in the case you mention) and a senseless murder by an agent of the government, a police officer who is supposed to keep us safe?

Were you more upset by perceived antisemitism by Bill DiBlasio, or by Herman who lives in Fort Greene? Do you think they're the same?

Here we go with the political correctness. Why can’t you just admit what’s in front of us? He was a very bad very violent criminal. No he didn’t deserve death nor does he deserve martyrdom. He deserved to pay for his crimes in jail. But that doesn’t mean he was a good guy

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 4:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Here we go with the political correctness. Why can’t you just admit what’s in front of us? He was a very bad very violent criminal. No he didn’t deserve death nor does he deserve martyrdom. He deserved to pay for his crimes in jail. But that doesn’t mean he was a good guy

I never said that he was a good guy. I never said he was a bad guy. People change, and not everyone who spends time in prison is necessarily a terrible person. My dad's bestie spent a few years in prison, and he's the nicest guy you ever met. Maybe he wasn't before, I don't know.

The point is that its irrelevant.

There's no reason to bring it up, unless you want to make it look like the killing was justified. George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin. Martin might have smoked some weed. Clearly he was a bad guy.

Travis and George McMichael followed, boxed in and killed Ahmaud Arbery. But Arbery went into a house that was under construction, must have been doing something wrong, clearly a bad guy.

Its a constant. Black person killed. Dig until you can accuse them of wrong, and somehow justify their murder.

There is no justification. Its all irrelevant.

Hillery

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:00 pm
Surplus wrote:
I missed you Hillery. And was actually wondering where you are the past week. Hope all is well by you. Happy to see you back!

Thanks! Smile

Hard to believe, but I actually have a life outside of imamother...

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:00 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

There's no reason to bring it up, unless you want to make it look like the killing was justified. George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin. Martin might have smoked some weed. Clearly he was a bad guy.

Actually, this is your agenda. George Zimmerman was tried in a court of law in the lawful justice system and found not guilty of murder.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:06 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
So you're saying that if criminals do something, then its OK for police to do it as well.

As to being encouraged by DiBlasio and Cuomo, that's such a blatant and disgusting lie that its no wonder that you're hiding your identity.

Do u deny diblasio has a different standard for the chasidim and the blacks about social distancing in crowds ?

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:09 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Actually, this is your agenda. George Zimmerman was tried in a court of law in the lawful justice system and found not guilty of murder.

Indeed he was. I believe that the verdict was wrong.

Then again, I believe that the verdict against OJ was wrong.

It happens.

Do you believe that every verdict is just? So Rubashkin's conviction was just. So was Jonathan Pollard?

In any case, Zimmerman undoubtedly killed Trayvon Martin, an unarmed teen who had every right to be where he was. He just was successful in saying that he was justified.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:21 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Indeed he was. I believe that the verdict was wrong.

Then again, I believe that the verdict against OJ was wrong.

It happens.

Do you believe that every verdict is just? So Rubashkin's conviction was just. So was Jonathan Pollard?

In any case, Zimmerman undoubtedly killed Trayvon Martin, an unarmed teen who had every right to be where he was. He just was successful in saying that he was justified.

That’s quite a stretch to compare.
If the demands are for justice then we need to respect our justice system. Without a justice system to give justice then we have anarchy. Trayvon was killed by Zimmerman but it was not murder. Clearly the jury that heard all of the facts feels differently than you do. No need to disrespect their service. The real takeaway here isn’t that you and others want justice it’s anarchy you want and are currently getting. Courts of law are even for the Noahides for reason.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:25 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
That’s quite a stretch to compare.
If the demands are for justice then we need to respect our justice system. Without a justice system to give justice then we have anarchy. Trayvon was killed by Zimmerman but it was not murder. Clearly the jury that heard all of the facts feels differently than you do. No need to disrespect their service. The real takeaway here isn’t that you and others want justice it’s anarchy you want and are currently getting. Courts of law are even for the Noahides for reason.

Wow. You really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Recognizing that juries occasionally get it wrong does not disrespect the justice system. It is not a call to anarchy.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:29 pm
DrMom wrote:
No idea what you are implying about me.

I don't know of a single person, including myself, who thinks what happened to George Floyd is even remotely acceptable.

Liberals love to feel like they’re very pc and “unracist,” and so they’ll bend over backwards taking the side of every black person, even those looting, rioting, burning down businesses, etc., and if you dare disagree, you’re a racist!

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:30 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I don't know but 9 is certainly low enough that I don't feel it it represents a problem.
In 2015 the number of unarmed whites and blacks killed by police was 52 and 38 respectively. So the number of blacks killed last year vs 2015 is down 75%.
The other scary thing is that these numbers demonstrate that the protesters don't really know what they are protesting about. Nobody knows or cares about the data and what the numbers are. There could be zero black killings at the hands of police and if in 3 years from now there's a single incident I suspect the protesters will all go crazy again looting.
And here's the thing. It doesn't matter that 95% of the protesters are peaceful. 5% can cause billions of dollars of damage and destroy businesses.
And at the end of the day can someone tell me what these protest accomplish? Can someone name a single thing that the protesters hope will come out of this?

They get lots of free stuff.

southernbubby wrote:

I think that the protesters are trying to raise awareness that white America sees them as less human and they want to change the narrative.
The looters are after the power and control that they usually don't have.

And what effect does the looters’ criminal behavior have on “white america seeing them as less human?”

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:38 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I never said that he was a good guy. I never said he was a bad guy. People change, and not everyone who spends time in prison is necessarily a terrible person. My dad's bestie spent a few years in prison, and he's the nicest guy you ever met. Maybe he wasn't before, I don't know.

The point is that its irrelevant.

Travis and George McMichael followed, boxed in and killed Ahmaud Arbery. But Arbery went into a house that was under construction, must have been doing something wrong, clearly a bad guy.

Its a constant. Black person killed. Dig until you can accuse them of wrong, and somehow justify their murder.

There is no justification. Its all irrelevant.

Who said he was reformed? Who said he changed? Who said we had to dig? He was in the hands of the police because of his latest crime. He didn’t deserve to die. He deserved to be in jail where he couldn’t ever hurt anyone ever again but doesn’t mean we had to dig. His rap sheet is a mile long

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do u deny diblasio has a different standard for the chasidim and the blacks about social distancing in crowds ?

I had a lovely response, which my computer deleted. I am likely to be less eloquent this time.

I should start by saying I despise DiBlasio.

And that I am deeply troubled by the lack of social distancing at the protests Its wrong. Its dangerous. I fear that its going to set back the June 8 entry of NYC into Phase 1.

OTOH, of course, the reason that people here thought the funeral was OK is that NYC is done with covid. Herd immunity. No new cases, except in Cuomo's fertile imagination in some effort to defeat Trump. In which case ... nah. Ridiculous. Its troubling and problematic that there is no social distancing.

But sometimes you need to pick your battles, and determine if the cure is worse than the disease. IOW, what are the risks of breaking up the protests. (Unlike others, I think that a permit could be denied without violation of the First Amendment. But that's not the issue here.) I think the calculation is that it would be way too volatile. Things could explode worse than they have. The violence and looting has abated somewhat in NYC now, for example. AIUI, there was little looting last night, possibly because of the curfew.

The calculation was different in connection with a funeral than a protest over racism. We were also in a different place a month ago. I never understood the issue to be condemning the thousands of people at the funeral; rather, the tweet about Jews.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:53 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Wow. You really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Recognizing that juries occasionally get it wrong does not disrespect the justice system. It is not a call to anarchy.

I’m a POC. You’re a racist making personal attacks not respectful discussion. If I don’t know what I’m talking about it’s because I didn’t have the opportunities you have had. You’re not sticking up for me you when you’re thinking that verbally bullying someone on this and other threads is justified. It makes you a narcissist. You are like the looters, I’m like a protester.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Who said he was reformed? Who said he changed? Who said we had to dig? He was in the hands of the police because of his latest crime. He didn’t deserve to die. He deserved to be in jail where he couldn’t ever hurt anyone ever again but doesn’t mean we had to dig. His rap sheet is a mile long

He was accused of passing a bad $20 bill. He wasn't convicted. We don't know if he did it, or if he did it knowingly. I promise you that you have, at least once, passed a bad $20, unknowingly. According to the United States Department of Treasury, an estimated $70 million in counterfeit bills are in circulation.

Unless his rap sheet was tattooed to his forehead, or written on his shirt, you had to dig for it.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics