Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Floyd convicted of robbing and beating pregnant black woman
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 8:58 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I’m a POC. You’re a racist making personal attacks not respectful discussion. If I don’t know what I’m talking about it’s because I didn’t have the opportunities you have had. You’re not sticking up for me you when you’re thinking that verbally bullying someone on this and other threads is justified. It makes you a narcissist. You are like the looters, I’m like a protester.

I have not made a single personal attack.

I have no clue if you are a person of color or not. Nor do you know if I am.

Your calling me a racist is disgusting and vile. I hope that you are banned for it.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 8:59 pm
Wow you shoulda just stopped at doesn't matter if bad or good doesn't deserve death.

Unbelievable.

Just keep digging that hole.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:05 pm
Cheiny wrote:
And what effect does the looters’ criminal behavior have on “white america seeing them as less human?”

I would say that if we were chas v'sholem in danger of them entering our homes most of us would try to obtain guns and not worry about the fact that they are human. Our safety would have to come first and their humanity wouldn't even be considered.

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:16 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Prove it.

Prove that BLM is behind the looting and riots.

The videos prove that blacks are looting, burning, murdering, and assaulting. It's far from a peaceful protest.

Black lives matter call for the mob, they as behind all the foreseeable consequences.

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:19 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
He was accused of passing a bad $20 bill. He wasn't convicted. We don't know if he did it, or if he did it knowingly. I promise you that you have, at least once, passed a bad $20, unknowingly. According to the United States Department of Treasury, an estimated $70 million in counterfeit bills are in circulation.

Unless his rap sheet was tattooed to his forehead, or written on his shirt, you had to dig for it.

The guy was on meth. You don't need that tattooed to your forehead to recognize a druggie. As I said up thread, the officer who sat on his neck knew him because they worked together.

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:21 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I’m a POC. You’re a racist making personal attacks not respectful discussion. If I don’t know what I’m talking about it’s because I didn’t have the opportunities you have had. You’re not sticking up for me you when you’re thinking that verbally bullying someone on this and other threads is justified. It makes you a narcissist. You are like the looters, I’m like a protester.

Good for you for sticking up to SOWs bullying. It's her MO. Don't ever feel less than her because you aren't.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:24 pm
Right and that is why in fact gun sales are way higher than before.Trainers for concealed and carry are being inundated with calls and bookings.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:27 pm
Squishy wrote:
Good for you for sticking up to SOWs bullying. It's her MO. Don't ever feel less than her because you aren't.

I apologize that the boy you had a crush on asked me to the junior prom instead of you. He was a loser anyway.

Honestly, I don't understand why you're so obsessed with me.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:29 pm
Squishy wrote:
The guy was on meth. You don't need that tattooed to your forehead to recognize a druggie. As I said up thread, the officer who sat on his neck knew him because they worked together.

Provide support for that. They worked at the same place for a period of time, but no one has connected them. Chauvin sat in his patrol car outside. Floyd worked security inside. No reason to believe they ever met.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:29 pm
What is a junior prom?

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:31 pm
Squishy wrote:
The videos prove that blacks are looting, burning, murdering, and assaulting. It's far from a peaceful protest.

Black lives matter call for the mob, they as behind all the foreseeable consequences.

The videos show that looters -- of all races, FTR -- are looting.

It doesn't show the PROTESTERS looting.

They're different groups.

Please provide support for your contention that they are the same people.

Please also provide support for your claim that people affiliated with BLM called for riots and looting.

Your bald contentions don't mean a thing.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:36 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
What is a junior prom?

LOL. Snarkiness of mine directed to the wrong audience.

A prom is a formal dance that is a rite of passage at some high schools. Girls dress up in formalwear, boys wear tuxes. The junior prom is held junior year, 11th grade. Senior prom is 12th grade.

And the boy I went with really wasn't that bad. Except we had to leave early because his brother's bar mitzvah was the next morning.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:36 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

OTOH, of course, the reason that people here thought the funeral was OK is that NYC is done with covid. Herd immunity. No new cases, except in Cuomo's fertile imagination in some effort to defeat Trump. In which case ... nah. Ridiculous. Its troubling and problematic that there is no social distancing.

But sometimes you need to pick your battles, and determine if the cure is worse than the disease. IOW, what are the risks of breaking up the protests. (Unlike others, I think that a permit could be denied without violation of the First Amendment. But that's not the issue here.) I think the calculation is that it would be way too volatile. Things could explode worse than they have. The violence and looting has abated somewhat in NYC now, for example. AIUI, there was little looting last night, possibly because of the curfew.

The calculation was different in connection with a funeral than a protest over racism. We were also in a different place a month ago. I never understood the issue to be condemning the thousands of people at the funeral; rather, the tweet about Jews.

So essentially what you are saying is, that since Jews were involved in a peaceful funeral, they were composed and therefore punishable. And since the protests are violent, they are awarded free reign.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:43 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
So essentially what you are saying is, that since Jews were involved in a peaceful funeral, they were composed and therefore punishable. And since the protests are violent, they are awarded free reign.

There were no summons or arrests at the funeral we're discussing. One teen was arrested for pushing a cop at another, later funeral. No one was punished.

But yes, police did try to break it up, probably because it was deemed less volatile a situation. And because the City was at a very different place in terms of covid.

cbsp

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:48 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
The videos show that looters -- of all races, FTR -- are looting.

It doesn't show the PROTESTERS looting.

They're different groups.

Please provide support for your contention that they are the same people.

Please also provide support for your claim that people affiliated with BLM called for riots and looting.

Your bald contentions don't mean a thing.

I asked this seriously on a different thread but I don't think anyone answered.

What do the peaceful protesters mean when they chant "no justice, no peace"?

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:56 pm
cbsp wrote:

It looks like it means that if they don't get justice, nobody else can have peace.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:01 pm
Side note but can’t help wondering about your screen name: isn’t six of wands a tarot card?

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:01 pm
cbsp wrote:

Its an age old chant. I believe it references Dr. Martin Luther King's statement, "There can be no justice without peace and there can be no peace without justice." When King said it, it was a pacifist statement. I don't view it as a call to arms today. Or as a random commentator said in 2016 (and which I found in looking for someone more eloquent than me) "No justice no peace is a direction action and radical leftist chant. Direct action is the practice and theory that social and political change can only be achieved by intentional and meaningful action which opposes the system or individuals which are responsible. It's generally non-violent, that is to say disrupting peace does not necessitate violence, but there are exceptions. A good example of a peaceful direct action group would be Food Not Bombs, who serve food to the homeless."

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:12 pm
Thank you- and the tarot thing?

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:15 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Thank you- and the tarot thing?

There is a very personal reason for my name. That reason is none of your business. Particularly as you cannot be bothered to use your own nym.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics